Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Whisky- enjoyment, reviews, prohibition, anything.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Whisky- enjoyment, reviews, prohibition, anything.  (Read 24058 times)

Bill Brasky

Re: Whisky- enjoyment, reviews, prohibition, anything.
« Reply #90 on: July 25, 2009, 03:48:00 PM »

I just got a bottle of Glenmorangie 10. 

It doesn't suck.

Its very light, not too smoky or peaty.  Honey, and a slight salty tongue, it needs a couple rocks and a dash of water to open it.  Dry. 

Amusing sidenote, the bottleshop guy carded me.  I could not convince him I am almost 37.  I guess they have a lot of teenagers buying very good Scotch.

Hahaha, fun.  Some of those people are ridiculous, and some just don't give a damn.  A couple weeks ago I had lost my drivers license and had a hell of a time getting liquor with my stupid paper DMV temporary license, most places would just say NO NO NO NO, or not ask for ID at all.  The guy at this one liquor store though had me get the title and registration for my vehicle  to compare with my paper license, and read them for like 25 minutes before saying "okay, cool" and completing the transaction.  I was purchasing a bottle of inexpensive single malt, and a 4-pack of some black English brew.

If you're all cool, and you can roll a few miles, you should tell that guy to go fuck himself.  But its understandable if he's the last option.

Yeah, the problem was most places wouldn't accept my paper ID for alcohol sales.  Fucking stupid Vons would even accept my passport when I finally found it.  So I lodged an official complaint with Safeway corporation and the manager called me saying he's very sorry but he doesn't want my business unless I use a state drivers license and not a passport.  Fuckin' California.  :?

I guess as a private business they can do whatever they want.  I like to remind those people, though, that the drivers license is meant to be a drivers license and not an identification for other things. 

I've always thought the State should offer a "vice card" that has nothing on it but your picture and your birthday.  No name, no other info.  I don't think its fair to require private citizens to trust any fuckinasshole with your name and address. 

Riddler

« Reply #91 on: July 26, 2009, 09:01:38 AM »

try Italian moonshine or grappa as it is called.

nigga, you don know shit from shinola
grappa is the WORST FUCKING BEVERAGE ON THE PLANET
you can run your fucking car offn it...

fatcat

« Reply #92 on: July 26, 2009, 08:22:35 PM »

here's my comprehensive reviews of whiskey

Jack Daniels - tastes like shit
Jamesons - tastes like shit
Glenfiddich - tastes like shit
Bells - tastes like shit
Glenmorangie - tastes like shit

its brown for a reason

BonerJoe

« Reply #93 on: July 26, 2009, 08:39:04 PM »

I'm drinking Makers Mark on the rocks. It's brown and delicious.

Riddler

« Reply #94 on: July 26, 2009, 08:41:46 PM »

dude, you said you don drink anymore, in another thread....
what gives?
(tho, i'm glad to have you back on ''our'' side)

Riddler

« Reply #95 on: July 26, 2009, 08:44:01 PM »

I'm drinking Makers Mark on the rocks. It's brown and delicious.

yeah, brutha..
 i became an ''ambassador'' for makers, back in '02, when mah boy was born.
i got his & my name on a barrell, down there..
it's sweet-ass bourbon.
fuck fatcat, the cunt

Bill Brasky

« Reply #96 on: July 27, 2009, 12:06:05 AM »

dude, you said you don drink anymore, in another thread....
what gives?
(tho, i'm glad to have you back on ''our'' side)

I allow myself on certain occasions.  

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 01, 2010, 07:25:19 PM »

Alert!

After reading a good review on Teacher's I bought a bottle and loved it. Great deal at about $16.. that bottle had a weighty, oily feel to it and a good amount of peat flavor, minimal burn.. good stuff.

The next bottle I bought wasn't good. Tastes like wet wood, no peat, feels more like Listerine in the mouth rather than smooth n' oily.

This is because it's a blended scotch, I reckon. Big difference between the two bottles!

Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 01, 2010, 10:28:50 PM »

I picked up the "cutest little bottle" of red Bush for 6 bucks at the liquor store, along with another "cute little bottle" of Irish Cream and a 4 pack of Guinness.  Did some Irish car bombs and sipped on the leftover whiskey.  It was enjoyable.  Technically you're supposed to use Jameson, but I didn't feel like fleshing out the cash for a whole fifth of that when it was mostly going to be used in what's essentially a mixed drink.

They taste like chocolate cake.  Sooo good.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 06, 2010, 07:15:16 PM »

I cant tell the difference between mixes, or single malts, or what a whiskey is, and what a scotch is.

But, lagavulun is good stuff.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 06, 2010, 08:24:07 PM »

Whisky is alcohol distilled from grain (and often sugar is mixed in). Whiskey is the same, just the "Scotch English" spelling. Bourbon refers to the American style whisky, usually stronger, sweeter and less refined. Scotch is just whisky made in Scotland, no better than anything else by default, but generally seems smoother. Irish whisky seems less complex than Scotch or bourbon, a little more watery- but it's all to the drinkers taste.

"Single Malt" is whisky made from one type of grain only, not blended with another batch of whisky. Blends are just that, a blend of different grains and/or whiskies distilled from various distilleries.

Water, ingredients, aging and distilling techniques account for the differences in tastes. I prefer the "peat" tasting whiskies.. the most affordable one with good and consistent taste, to me, is McClelland Islay.

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 07, 2010, 01:11:59 AM »

I like the ones that taste like wood poured out of a leather sack.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 07, 2010, 06:24:54 PM »

I haven't tried that sort.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Whisky- enjoyment, reviews, prohibition, anything.

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 32 queries.