Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Where are they?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Where are they?  (Read 27593 times)

Puke

• Sarcasm Overlord
  • FTL Creative Team
  • Rock on!
    • View Profile
    • Dooms Day Device Photography
Where are they?
« on: June 19, 2005, 11:02:24 PM »

Not much happening in here. Where have all the Shriners gone?
Since I have nothing to talk about I'll just sit here and read.

• Messy bathroom? Give each family member a basket for toilet articles. Bathroom stays neat.

• Does flying make you queasy? Try eating foods high in carbohydrates before boarding. One study suggests these types of foods help prevent airsickness.

• All-purpose ice pack. Try freezing a wet paper towel in a resealable plastic bag. Use it as a mini-ice pack to keep food cool. Once melted, it will also double as a wipe for hands and faces after meals.

• Can't open your kitchen drawer? A kitchen drawer stuffed with boxed wrapping materials needn’t defy opening. Turn the boxes a quarter turn so the tops nudge each other. Now the drawer works smoothly again.

• Entertaining Tip. At buffet parties fill paper nut-cups with dip so guests can have individual servings on their plates.

• Bored Kids? Make your own fun. Place some food coloring in a spray bottle filled with water. Then give a few different colors to kids so they can “paint” the snow.

• Ring stuck? Use window cleaner spray to remove a ring that’s stuck on your finger. Spray will also make your ring sparkle.

• Planting for fragrance? Try planting the following: Carnations, Pinks, Mignonettes, Lavender, Fragrant Nicotiana, Violas, Ornamental Basil, Rosemary, Sweet William, English Wallflower

• Save your lawn. To minimize damage to your lawn, mix sand, dirt, or kitty litter with salt when putting it on your walks and driveway.

• Plant for Butterflies. To attract butterflies to your garden, plant lots of colorful flowers. Butterflies seem to be especially attracted to purple, yellow, orange, and red. Keep the colors growing all season by growing different varieties that bloom at different times.

• Unwanted Bumper Sticker? To remove unwanted bumper stickers, rub with cigarette lighter fluid.

• Knots? Shake a little talcum powder or cornstarch on knotted cords or shoelaces and knots will pull apart rather easily?

• Get rid of stale tobacco smoke in a room by letting a bowl of water with a little ammonia stand in the room overnight.

• To remove ink from carpets, wash the stain immediately with skim milk.

• Mix two tablespoons dry mustard and a 1/2 cup of water and wash areas that smell like fish. This also works well when washing fishy dishes.

• When picking sweet potatoes, choose the dark skinned ones. The darker skinned are known to be sweeter and more moist than the lighter skinned variety.

• Autumn is a good time to trim trees and shrubs that touch the house and to remove leaves from gutters.

• An African Violet with leaves growing horizontally is telling you the amount of light it receives is perfect. Leaves growing upwards or downwards are sending a message to change location.

• A cucumber that grows in dry, hot weather can turn bitter. Chop a piece off the stem end and taste. Sometimes the peel, too, must be removed
Let carrots grow until maturity. Before this time they have not developed enough sugar for optimum flavor.

• Flowers in a cut arrangement look pleasantly balanced when buds are at the top of the bouquet, half-opened flowers in the middle, and opened blooms at the base.

• Dirty and rusty garden tools need to be kept clean, not for appearance sake but because pitted metal attracts soil and slows the work. Use rust remover and a wire brush. Pass a hand file over cutting edges. Then sand handles and wipe on linseed oil.

• It is time to "work" the soil in spring when you squeeze a handful and it crumbles. If the soil forms a ball, it is still too wet to start gardening.

• When building a garden, use newspaper under your loam and topsoil. The newspaper will kill all the weeds and grass underneath, plus it will compost into great mulch that roots can grow through.

• Nature’s fertilizer is there for the taking. Don’t burn leaves; use them to improve garden soil. Chop the leaves up with a lawn mower. Make a compost pile and store your leaves there. Spade into the garden as needed.

• Try starting seeds in eggshell halves. It’s economical and earth-friendly. Store planted shells in egg carts so they can easily be moved to sunny spots. Plant as is. Roots break through and the decomposed shell acts as fertilizers.

• Instead of using insecticides, try planting marigolds, basil, savory, horseradish, mint, onions, garlic, and chives near your garden. These plants’ (and many others) natural and root secretions repel some insects.

Isn't plagiarism fun! :mrgreen:

Dooms Day Device Photography = www.dooms-day-device.com
Iraq Veterans Against the War - www.ivaw.org

Yamguy

Re: Where are they?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 12:39:53 PM »

There is great wisdom in theese statements.

By the way, did you know rubbing cigarette ashes on your skin can remove hair dye? Toothpaste works too, but I didnt find that out until after I started with the ashes.

I reccomend using the toothpaste.

Puke

• Sarcasm Overlord
  • FTL Creative Team
  • Rock on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 01:39:24 PM »

Hair dye?
OK, I sure didn't.
Never dyed my hair, I shave my head.

EclecticBuddha

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2005, 06:35:25 PM »

actually, regarding the rusty garden tools... you could just keep a large wash tub with old motor oil in it and leave your tools work end down in the oil... but dont cover up to the handle.

Puke

• Sarcasm Overlord
  • FTL Creative Team
  • Rock on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2005, 09:23:27 PM »

That you could. I didn't make the list though, thank the Farmer's Almanac for that.

EclecticBuddha

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2005, 02:09:33 PM »

good times

Puke

• Sarcasm Overlord
  • FTL Creative Team
  • Rock on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2005, 08:49:48 PM »

Are they, I just lost my marbles. :(

abman92

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2005, 06:52:41 PM »

Are they, I just lost my marbles. :(
So sad, so sad

Yamguy

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2005, 09:46:18 AM »

Hair dye?
OK, I sure didn't.
Never dyed my hair, I shave my head.

Ah, see I've been dying my hair every 6 weeks for almost 4 years now.

My scalp will probably start peeling off in a few more.

EclecticBuddha

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2005, 02:59:01 PM »

you woman

Yamguy

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2005, 03:27:03 PM »

:roll: :wink:

rufusaur

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2005, 10:36:03 AM »

My mom dyed my hair once when I was asleep. Not a nice experience. Kids, don't try this at home.

zendiscordia

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2005, 09:27:42 PM »

:twisted:
Hey... I am a chick... and I just stumbled upon your message board... and started pod casting this radio show....
I am a total Air America junkie... but I have a huge void in my day since they took Unfiltered off the air! ... and replaced it with Jerry Springer.... now I have this show to fill that few hours of daily dead space !.... I am sooo stoked!
I am sure this post sounds stupid... but I HAD to write something! ... you boys seemed soo dejected!
We ladies appreciate talk radio too! .... Christ... women do nothing BUT talk! hehehehe LOL...... see ya' on the boards!

EclecticBuddha

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2005, 09:53:56 PM »

so... you listen to air america AND free talk live??? and like both??? either youre a mindless sheep tho doesnt listen or youre just weird and sadistic... or just weird.

zendiscordia

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2005, 09:59:14 PM »

I say .... Just weird! heheheheeh LOL..... There is no accounting for taste sometimes!  :twisted:
Besides... that Friday rant about the 'pot' pops was hilarious! ... I am from Chicago(no longer living there :(... so it was beyond funny when they brought up the 'criminal nature' of the city's government!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Where are they?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 32 queries.