Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Whats up with Ron Paul???
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Whats up with Ron Paul???  (Read 9575 times)

cavalier973

• You can't take the sky from me
    • View Profile
Re: Whats up with Ron Paul???
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2011, 02:52:33 PM »

Trump is a joke. He's exactly what liberal/statist media wants from a Republican candidate, so they can embarass them. How could any Ron Paul supporter like Trump? He's ignorant, prowar, pays 0 attention to political policy and repercussions, and an asshole to boot. Who in the world would vote for him?

He's a recruiter for the Army Reserve.  It's more than possible that he's just trying to yank my chain...it's really hard for me to tell when he's serious.
For God and Free Trade

cavalier973

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2011, 02:53:30 PM »

Trump is a joke. He's exactly what liberal/statist media wants from a Republican candidate, so they can embarass them. How could any Ron Paul supporter like Trump? He's ignorant, prowar, pays 0 attention to political policy and repercussions, and an asshole to boot. Who in the world would vote for him?

Trump also just lost one of his signature issues
For God and Free Trade

Bill Brasky

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2011, 03:20:56 PM »

Trump doesn't have any diplomatic skills whatsoever.  He would get us killed.

His purpose this go-round would be akin to Sarah Palin.  People would like a few of his no-nonsense views for about five seconds, in a hypothetical world.  His presence would require a few of the "serious contenders" to perform differently.  You could stand any asshole behind that Trump podium, and they'd have to address that asshole, as well. 

My dream darkhorse is David Letterman.  Now he would be a pleasure to watch, in place of Trump, and ultimately everybody would know it's a ruse.  But people just don't understand Trump is a..   I donno even what to call him.  He's a thing.    He's a joke.  He's like the political version of a funhouse mirror.  He would never even be there if people didn't want to look at a warped illusion. 

But putting "the football" in Trump's hands, fo' real.  No way.  Its not even remotely funny. 

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2011, 03:42:32 PM »

Trump also just lost one of his signature issues

Yep,

Now can we all just go back to worshiping Obama again? Geez. :P
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2011, 04:03:12 PM »

My dream darkhorse is David Letterman.  Now he would be a pleasure to watch, in place of Trump, and ultimately everybody would know it's a ruse.  

That would be a good choice. I also wouldn't mind seeing Howard Stern in that spot. All dressed up in a power-suit, business haircut, just play the whole part. Sure, HS would be more cartoonish than Letterman, but the words that came out of that guys mouth in a debate would be, well, memorable. To quote the last american indian, "His props would be as funny as bear cub slipping in stream, and his barbs would sting like thorns from blackberry bush, yet its fruit would be sweet upon my lips."

Letterman/Stern 2012
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 04:05:14 PM by quickmike »

BonerJoe

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2011, 08:07:59 PM »

The best presidential candidates will never run for office.

cavalier973

• View Profile
For God and Free Trade

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2011, 05:46:57 PM »

someone was asking about Gary Johnson-

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRlGXuGHfrc[/youtube]

YixilTesiphon

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2011, 07:43:34 PM »

And their kids were hippie chicks - all hypocrites.

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2011, 08:55:05 PM »

someone was asking about Gary Johnson-

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRlGXuGHfrc[/youtube]
I'll vote for him.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

cavalier973

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2011, 10:28:30 PM »

I voted for Huckabee in 2008

Dude.

What?  For me, it was a good thing, because it lead more or less to me becoming an anarcho-austrian.
When Rush Limbaugh, National Review Online, and all the other neo-con sources of news and information
on which I relied went nuclear on Huckabee, I started looking for alternative, "conservative" news sources, and found
www.mises.org

For God and Free Trade

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2011, 11:01:38 PM »

I voted for Huckabee in 2008

Dude.

What?  For me, it was a good thing, because it lead more or less to me becoming an anarcho-austrian.
When Rush Limbaugh, National Review Online, and all the other neo-con sources of news and information
on which I relied went nuclear on Huckabee, I started looking for alternative, "conservative" news sources, and found
www.mises.org

Everyone started somewhere. I remember being a young kid thinking Jimmy Carter was the nicest man on the planet, with the best ideas in the universe. In my early 20's I was mostly neo-conish. I"ve pretty much tried it all at some point.

LTKoblinsky

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2011, 09:51:17 AM »

2008, I was a disillusioned ultra conservative Christian in college. Of course I voted for Obama. Then I read Atlas Shrugged, switched my major to econ, found Ron Paul, and learned a few things about politics., namely: we're fucked.

My wife's new site. Covers fashion, motherhood, our journey to NH, and soon activism.

cavalier973

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2011, 11:13:50 AM »

http://ron-holland.blogspot.com/2011/05/ron-wins-debate-but-will-fed-put-him-in.html

"Today, Paul has won the first of many debates in the 2012 campaign. This time his supporters are too numerous and important to both Fox News and the individual state GOP party leadership for them to again ban him from the debates regardless of how much they want to silence his freedom and free-market message."
For God and Free Trade

cavalier973

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2011, 11:15:37 AM »

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/quote-of-the-gop-debate-rep-ron-paul-defends-heroin-as-an-exercise-of-liberty/

"While it took a little while for the Republican candidates attending tonight’s debate to get going, the sheer diversity on the panel guaranteed some spirited answers, paramount among them Rep. Ron Paul’s steadfast adherence to civil liberties, which somehow concluded with him supporting legalization of heroin to raucous applause– highlighting the thick tension between conservatives and libertarians on the GOP."
For God and Free Trade
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Whats up with Ron Paul???

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 32 queries.