Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  What Video Games Are You Currently playing?
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37]   Go Down

Author Topic: What Video Games Are You Currently playing?  (Read 144328 times)

GrossObeseBugEyed

• View Profile
Re: What Video Games Are You Currently playing?
« Reply #540 on: May 07, 2012, 12:46:03 PM »

After playing Skyrim for weeks on end, i finally got tired of it. Playing New Vegas now, it def has high replay value.

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #541 on: May 07, 2012, 05:45:34 PM »

My son just started on that Skyrim. I am even more clueless on whats going on in that one then usual.

GrossObeseBugEyed

• View Profile
« Reply #542 on: May 07, 2012, 06:28:05 PM »

It will probably get "Game of the year", which means it was awesome. It is a free roam game where you live and interact in a massive, fictional, middle earth type world. You may choose to do evil, good or a little of both. He will be playing it for a LONG time, lol.

That being said, one of the main parts of the game is liberty oriented. You must choose one of 2 sides. One is the Imperial Empire: They have intergrated themselves and their culture into a land that is not theirs, but that they want for strategical purposes. They have also forbidden the natives from worshiping their own gods and some other rituals. The other side is the liberty side, the Stormcloaks: They are rebelling against the Empire because they want to live their lives the way they choose, not what others choose. Seeing any paralells? Ask your son who he chose and why, it might lead to an interesting discussion.

Or i said way to much and you wanted a shorter answer lol, its a really good game.

Coconut

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: May 07, 2012, 07:27:44 PM »

Except the stormcloaks are racist... Oh right.

Anyway, after finishing the main quest of skyrim I realized it was all just the same combat in slightly different settings. I stopped playing. Maybe the civil war line is worth it, but I don't know.

It is interesting to explore though, so It's a fine game. Just time for me to stop after some time.

GrossObeseBugEyed

• View Profile
« Reply #544 on: May 07, 2012, 08:54:44 PM »

Yeah i got sick of it after a while. I like the Bethesda's Fallout series as well. Any game where i can run around freely,  looting the aristocrats and/or assholes, i will play and enjoy. Fable is a little to restrained for me.

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #545 on: May 08, 2012, 02:53:23 PM »

I usually take game advice from P&TG. I bought my kid Red Dead Redemption thanks to Puke. I was even ready for the avatar switch. My son actually came from his room crying and I knew what to say.
I was going to run with GrossObeseBugEyed (change that will ya)'s advise. Then Nick chimed in and confused me.

miamiballoonguy

• Twisted Balloons For All Occasions
  • Have Balloons, Will Travel!
    • View Profile
    • The Miami Balloon Guy's Home Page
« Reply #546 on: May 08, 2012, 04:27:25 PM »

Android Games:  Tap Fish, Contract Killer: Zombies.  Mac Game:  Every few months I work on my character on the Open Source MMORPG Deliantra.  That is an extremely involved game based on Crossfire but has so much content that it is very difficult to get to it all.  I've got a character that I work on every few months that has a billion and a half experience points and I'm only at lvl 80.  But I'm at the 101st position on the high score chart, so basically I need to get a life.
"People keep asking me, 'Balloon Guy, what kinds of things can you make?' and I'm like, 'I used to make a Charlie Chaplin balloon, but my Jewish Friends told me to stop making it.  They all thought it looked like Hitler.'

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #547 on: May 08, 2012, 06:37:52 PM »

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #548 on: May 09, 2012, 03:24:36 AM »

On topic as usual Fred.

I've been continuing on Minecraft. Untamedtears server, where I can chat with ancaps as I will.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: May 09, 2012, 09:06:40 AM »

I'm majorly addicted to Bloons TD5
http://ninjakiwi.com/Games/Tower-Defense/Play/Bloons-Tower-Defense-5.html

New challenges every day and lots of tracks = me ruv U long time

That's a seriously fun game.

Ben

• View Profile
« Reply #550 on: May 09, 2012, 05:37:37 PM »

Star Wars : The Old Republic. When it was finally released over here in early March, I bought it and basically haven't played anything else. Its caused me to get a little more anti-social than I usually am.
People are so brainwashed by government and media lies that they'll actually argue their own rights away.

GrossObeseBugEyed

• View Profile
« Reply #551 on: May 10, 2012, 07:31:09 AM »

Yeah, when I start playing a game that I really like, it is certainly an amplifier for anti-social behavior.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  What Video Games Are You Currently playing?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.