Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  What Video Games Are You Currently playing?
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 37   Go Down

Author Topic: What Video Games Are You Currently playing?  (Read 144459 times)

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
Re: What Video Games Are You Currently playing?
« Reply #480 on: December 19, 2011, 01:49:15 PM »

It sounds like World of Warcraft minus the social element and minus new content regularly being added.

Very similar in many ways, but let me add some pluses -

Plus better graphics

Plus better and more cohesive story

Plus shittons more freedom to do what you want because there are no character classes (If you want to be good at something, just do it and you get better at it.)

Plus an actual sense of accomplishment when gaining new skills and developing your character

Plus better balanced in regards to how quests are given and what you can and can't do at any particular time - (Specifically how quests aren't locked to your level, and that the game modifies itself on the fly to accommodate your character's level. If you never even go to the town of Shitcock until you get to level 40 or something, all of the quests you get when you go to that place will still be viable and fun, because they will be scaled to your level, rather than being snorefest low level shit.)

Plus advancing your skills will actually get you goodies that are better than what the game world can give you. Specifically blacksmithing and enchanting and alchemy. If you max out those skills you can have 100 points in all three (The max) and make potions in alchemy that temporally increase your skill in blacksmithing that will enhance items to ridiculous quality, and then suck down another potion that can increase your enchanting abilities and combining that with the maxed out enchanting perk so's you can put two powers into a magic item and KAPOW you have frigging artifact weapons that do multiple shit.

Way better than grinding PVP for months to get a set of armor that gives ten more points of stamina. Especially in a game world like WOW where other people will kick you from a group and yell at you for not wearing the "Right" item set or some bullshit.

And finally - Plus not having to deal with the other RL people who in most cases are horrible and nasty. I played WOW for a few years and ended up almost never entering a dungeon or PVP arena or any other group activity because of how obnoxious other people acted. I eventually played with my beloved bride but only two people can't run a dungeon all that well either.

Oh shit, one more plus - No monthly fee. I payed my sixty bones and got more enjoyment out of Skyrim in a month than I did in three or four years on WOW.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

Tom Foppiano

• View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 19, 2011, 02:04:48 PM »

I haven't bought Skyrim yet, but I will soon.

Haven't even beaten Oblivion or New Vegas. Love first person RPGs.
It might not be very big around, but it sure is short!

atomiccat

• FTL AMPlifier
  • Anarchy will Reign when pigs fly... Look a pig!
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: December 20, 2011, 01:08:53 PM »

If they added a online dueling arena and maybe a co-op for 1 or 2 people to join your world, or even just join your dungeon, I would say that skyrim might just be the best game ever

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 20, 2011, 05:20:08 PM »

I haven't got Skyrim yet - I'm a cheap bastard.

I got Just Cause 2 off Amazon for $2.50 (it was a 10gb download) and its hard - haven't played a video game since old Sega shit.

Maybe I need to get a joystick controller to make it easier...

atomiccat

• FTL AMPlifier
  • Anarchy will Reign when pigs fly... Look a pig!
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 21, 2011, 08:37:05 PM »

If your that cheap you want some free indie games? I bought the bundles, but dont like any of the games :P

http://www.humblebundle.com/?key=pdSwxZhAZF8S

http://www.indieroyale.com/bundle/key/4EE6D987E2DF7

Ben

• View Profile
« Reply #485 on: December 22, 2011, 03:13:59 AM »

I want to play Star Wars - The Old Republic. Unfortunately it won't be available here until March 4th. I tried buying the download from the official site but it won't let me do that either. I'm considering buying it off Amazon but still not sure. I've heard server queues are horrendous, so I probably still wouldn't get to play anyway.

Shaw and Brasky, you've convinced me. Skyrim sounds good. I'll have to give that one a try.
People are so brainwashed by government and media lies that they'll actually argue their own rights away.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

JDW

• A sincere diplomat is like dry water or wooden iron.
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: December 30, 2011, 06:57:33 AM »

So I go and gets myself to level 32 on Skyrim and the lag starts, oh boy. Went and read the reviews on Amazon, should of did that before springing for the PS3 version of this game. Fuck Bethesda, fucking assholes knew damn well the game had issues on the PS3 but they release it anyways, pricks. Can't really play the game anymore, lag is horrible, crashes happen all the time, it got worse the further I got in the game. This really sucks ass, loved playing it but this lag and crash show really takes the piss. I loved Oblivion and had no problems with it, I wonder if this is a case of a gaming company thinking they are to big to give a fuck, oh will they rue the day. And the patch, yea right, did nothing for me. If you haven't bought Skyrim yet and own a PS3 then don't, the game has issues, heard it's on the X-box as well, but so far so good for the PC. On to playing Dead Island, and, hey, it works.
"Don't know what you got till it's gone."
- Cinderella

Tom Foppiano

• View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 30, 2011, 03:08:41 PM »

I loved Oblivion and had no problems with it,

Then you must have the normal version of the game. I have the GOTY edition and am stuck being a vampire. Basically, once you are bitten, you cannot go back to being normal. It is a widely known issue on the ps3 and Bethesda doesn't give a fuck.

I mean, how hard is it make a patch for this one little problem? I actually have to buy the normal edition and complete the quest with that version in my console. Fucking ridiculous.
It might not be very big around, but it sure is short!

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #489 on: December 30, 2011, 05:07:30 PM »

Isn't that how vampirism works?

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: December 30, 2011, 07:11:31 PM »

If Rage allowed the player to roam freely, it'd be great. As it is now.. it's only good... and really too easy on the "Normal" setting.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: December 31, 2011, 09:16:17 AM »

I guess this is one advantage to not playing enough video games to justify buying them immediately.  I'm still playing Final Fantasy XIII...but I think I'm almost done!

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #492 on: December 31, 2011, 12:52:28 PM »

http://www.reddit.com/r/Anarcho_Capitalism/comments/mi6dd/anarchocapitalist_minecraft_server/

I'm still playing on the anarcho-capitalist minecraft server. PM me if you join so I can tell you how to find your way to civilization from spawn, and perhaps my island fortress location far from civilization.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

SonicThePorcupine

• The gloves are on, time to check your prostate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: December 31, 2011, 04:14:07 PM »

The problem with making your base far from civilization is trade. It's hard to bring money from far away to town. You could die and lose it all.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #494 on: December 31, 2011, 04:26:02 PM »

The problem with making your base far from civilization is trade. It's hard to bring money from far away to town. You could die and lose it all.

Its worth the trade-off to me. I lost way more to griefers when I was in civilization than I could possibly lose now. Hell even the security of having a farm that nobody will touch is nice.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 37   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  What Video Games Are You Currently playing?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 32 queries.