Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  What Video Games Are You Currently playing?
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 37   Go Down

Author Topic: What Video Games Are You Currently playing?  (Read 144295 times)

JDW

• A sincere diplomat is like dry water or wooden iron.
    • View Profile
Re: What Video Games Are You Currently playing?
« Reply #465 on: November 29, 2011, 11:56:39 PM »

Been sitting in a dentists chair a lot this week, getting the teeth back on track. Decided to try and take my mind off the pain with some new games. Picked up Drake’s Fortune 3, Dead Island and Skyrim. Put Skyrim into the PS3 and haven’t played other games since. I played Oblivion, loved it, and now Skyrim is here. I usually need to see something funny as hell or new and wonderful as far as game play goes to play these huge open games. I loved the Fallout series, especially going on the alien ship and destroying the little grey people, and then the historical people from the cryro chamber, LMFAO! Loved Just Cause 2, more for the tropical scenes that made me feel all warm in the winter.

But Skyrim, wow, awesome! I became a Redguard and am treated like garbage because I’m not a Nord. I go for magic, light armour and swords/daggers. Trying out blacksmithing, lots of interesting stuff to do in Skyrim. I’m tending to go with the rebel scum, to hell with the empire. I’m at level 21, still won’t go after giants. Then there’s the trolls, ya know, even when you flame them they still come back to bug you, bloody trolls. Bought the house in Whiterum (that’s what I would be drinking like water if I lived there), what a godforsaken place. Discovered the city of Solitude, working up to buy the $25,000 house there. People there are stuck up though, guess I’ll fit in. The graphics for Skyrim kick butt, much better than Oblivion, orcs actually look scary instead of like Shrek.  Killed myself 9 dragons now, got the companion Lydia but she’s a bit of a wimp. She’s died on me a few times and no matter how much I lay my hands on her body and pray to the God’s,  she won’t come back to life, why can’t I just whistle her lovely bottom back to life like I could with my horse in Red Dead Redemption?

Found Sheogorath in one mission and got his Wabbajack, what a great weapon. Not sure what the exact levels for armour are, I’m currently going all elven. In Oblivion near the beginning (level 10) you could go get some amber armour and a sword for soul catching from Umbra, not sure if someone like her exists in Skyrim. Love the new settings, Solitude on a cliff face, going over the waterfalls, ruins I don’t need torches or other light to explore, the freakin Arctic in a video game, cool, just don’t go toe to toe with the mutant walrus.
"Don't know what you got till it's gone."
- Cinderella

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: December 02, 2011, 12:20:26 PM »

Have spent entirely too much time sitting in the car, waiting for one or another of my kidlets to emerge from any number of extra curricular activities, which has left me no time to cuddle up to the xbox 360. It has given me tons of time for Words with Friends and two other iphone apps...

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #467 on: December 11, 2011, 12:38:34 AM »

Been poking around with the ENBseries patch for Skyrim. Trying to build a post process look for personal use. Want it to look more cinematic than vanilla Skyrim. Also playing with subsurface scattering. Here's what I came up with today:

Top is vanilla, bottom is SHAWSCOPE. Will prolly keep playing around with it but I think it looks better.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 04:17:25 AM by John Shaw »
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: December 13, 2011, 02:41:55 AM »

I've got 3 games on the go at the moment. They are Final Fantasy 9, Pokemon Heartgold and God of War.

I hear FF9 is a game I should play. Goes back to old school FF.

Also welcome to the board.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #469 on: December 13, 2011, 07:10:34 AM »

Also welcome to the board.
Check "her" .sig

Spammer Sensors on redline

BonerJoe

« Reply #470 on: December 13, 2011, 11:12:44 AM »

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #471 on: December 13, 2011, 11:39:12 AM »

You guys must have something against Mexican medical and dental care.
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

Tom Foppiano

• View Profile
« Reply #472 on: December 13, 2011, 01:50:56 PM »

I pre-ordered Rage for the PS3 a long time ago, but never opened it until yesterday.

And holy shit is it an awesome game. The graphics are absolutely outstanding. The sky and surrounding mountains/valleys look totally real, while the characters, guns, and buildings look cartoonish (in an artistic, fun way.)

I haven't played more than an hour or so, but so far its really fun. I strongly recommend Rage and I think Amazon has it for $30 or so.
It might not be very big around, but it sure is short!

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: December 14, 2011, 01:58:04 AM »

Skyrim main quest completed.

Steam says 263.6 hrs. Probably give or take 50 hours of me pausing the game and doing something else.

I am level 65. You can get to 80 if you grind all of your skills to 100.

Holy fuck what a game. Will prolly set it down and replay it in a while.

One poignant moment - My Dead Thrall (A permanent zombie summon) was waiting by one of the king's sides just hanging out after I returned from the end game scenario. She'd been with me for many game hours, along with a gal named Brelyna from the wizard's college.

She never had a name. She was a random high powered vampire who I aced and flippantly decided to bring back as a ZOMBIE VAMPIRE. She was... fucking amazingly ass kicking. I was attacked by two random dragons at the same time, and she managed to kill one of them herself.

So anyway, after completing the main questline tonight, I actually started to feel bad for this lady. I mean, bummer fucking life, right? She was just some chick walking along and BAM, some asshole vampire biteded her and she spent who knows how many years living like an animal in a dungeon, only to have me come along and fuck up what little she had left by not only killing her, but then bringing her back as a slave.

And fuck yeah she was totally conscious of it all. Once in a while during battle she would moan "I must kill you..." as she stomped the ever living shit out of some badguy.

So after the main quest, Brelyna and I walked her over to a cairn near a fairly splendid looking dungeon exterior called Labrynthia. I disenchanted the summon and put her to rest in a small stone dome, crossing her arms over her chest.

Almost got choked up and felt sad for pixels tonight.

In summation: WORTH 60 BUCKS.

The unnamed vampire in her final resting place. Brelyna standing over her. Thank you nameless vampire girl. Q_Q

« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 04:03:36 AM by John Shaw »

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: December 14, 2011, 02:29:43 AM »

A followup. She's resting behind that dome on the left. *Sniff* A dragon is doing a flyby and giving his respects in the upper right.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 02:49:14 AM by John Shaw »

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: December 14, 2011, 03:23:34 AM »

Epilogue -

And that young man went on to marry Brelyna, even though the bags under her eyes had bags of their own. She had a good heart and a winning personality. He wore his clothing of office as was expected. She chose to carry a large battle axe for no particular reason, considering that she is totally unskilled in its use and is a wizard by trade. (wtf) Maybe it was a gentle warning about the marriage vows.

And they lived happily ever after, he, sitting by the hearth, while she made and sold potions, even though they had almost 150k Septims to retire on. THE END.

And for the record, I chose to marry her in the end because of this:

Skyrim - Brelyna Accidentally the Whole Spell (MINOR SPOILER)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 03:37:44 AM by John Shaw »

Bill Brasky

« Reply #476 on: December 19, 2011, 05:21:17 AM »

Thats cool. 

I'm still learning to wield magic in one hand, and a sword in the other.  Its pretty frustrating.

I get confused because I don't read all the bullshit. 

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: December 19, 2011, 07:50:52 AM »

Love your fairytale ending to the story, Shaw.

Skyrim is on my christmas wish list, but I'm not sure Mr. Joy believes me when I said I wanted it, after how disappointed I was with Fable III, the last game I asked for.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #478 on: December 19, 2011, 08:56:29 AM »

Skyrim is a very "big" game, Joy.

Personally, I plan to spend about two years on it.  I don't think I'll ever "finish" it.

That doesn't mean I don't like it.

Its a universe.  Its a world.  

If you want a place to game, basically forever, this is the shit.

People like Shaw will finish it.  I hold no illusions of being in the same gamer ability.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #479 on: December 19, 2011, 09:02:58 AM »

Its a universe.  Its a world.  

If you want a place to game, basically forever, this is the shit.

It sounds like World of Warcraft minus the social element and minus new content regularly being added.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 37   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  What Video Games Are You Currently playing?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 32 queries.