Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  What Video Games Are You Currently playing?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 37   Go Down

Author Topic: What Video Games Are You Currently playing?  (Read 144292 times)

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
Re: What Video Games Are You Currently playing?
« Reply #300 on: April 15, 2011, 03:07:12 AM »

so how do i use an original seed to check his world out?

If you want to see what he BUILT then download the file he uploaded and put it in your save file.

If you want to see his world without buildings or construction, start a new save file and paste the seed ID where it says "seed".

Do you even have the game or are you just being weird?

I have it (the linux version), but I'm new at both Minecraft and Linux. I haven't played with any the seeding and I don't see the file he uploaded (Maybe, I missed it). So, the Minecraft file is currently stationed on my desktop. I just right click, open in sun java and boom, digging to my heart's content. I've tried to avoid any kind of wiki or tutorial so as not to spoil the novelty for as long as I can.  I'm currently trying to make a pool of lava flow into a lake I built (difficulty with the water system and poor initial design on my part). I've seen the IP slot for multiplayer if anyone wants to get together and build, I'm game in the evenings (central time for a coupla more months).

You have to pay some monies to get a private server going :(

We could always start a build-it-n-pass-it site though. Build for a day, then upload it and pass it on to someone else.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #301 on: April 15, 2011, 03:07:55 AM »

[img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

atomiccat

• FTL AMPlifier
  • Anarchy will Reign when pigs fly... Look a pig!
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 11, 2011, 03:39:49 AM »

I beat little big planet 2 single player since PSN is still down and Ive been playing section 8 Prejudice on my xbox, which is a pretty good shooter for 15$ if you liked the first section 8

and ian said on a recent show that he got a new game and I am wondering what game it is if he or anyone knows.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #303 on: May 11, 2011, 01:34:10 PM »

I best little big planet 2 single player since PSN is still down and Ive been playing section 8 Prejudice on my xbox, which is a pretty good shooter for 15$ if you liked the first section 8

and ian said on a recent show that he got a new game and I am wondering what game it is if he or anyone knows.

Minethings duh :P

atomiccat

• FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 11, 2011, 02:45:51 PM »

I play fortress craft on the xbox, but Minecraft on my comp doesn't want to work. i updated java and my video card drivers and it still doesn't work

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #305 on: May 11, 2011, 02:52:07 PM »

Nothing

Sony cant get their internetz safe, so im doing real stuff lately.
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #306 on: May 11, 2011, 10:33:44 PM »

I play fortress craft on the xbox, but Minecraft on my comp doesn't want to work. i updated java and my video card drivers and it still doesn't work

Ah bummer man. You tried both the online version and the downloaded one?

LTKoblinsky

• View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 11, 2011, 10:44:55 PM »

Do NOT buy Two Worlds II. Waste of my money.  Back to Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

My wife's new site. Covers fashion, motherhood, our journey to NH, and soon activism.

lucidhawk

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 12, 2011, 09:26:30 AM »

Playing "Splosion Man" on XBLA and "Outland" , both are pretty decent sidescroll platformers.

One of these days I'd like to get back into Red Dead Redemption and Fallout Vegas.
"The arguments that were used to perpetuate slavery are identical to the arguments that are used to perpetuate the existence of the state."

LTKoblinsky

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 29, 2011, 11:56:50 AM »

so, Shaw, how's your base coming along?

OK, so I'm trying to open your world, but I'm using Ubuntu (only OS available right now) and I cannot find where the save f  fixed

How did you get so much resources? What mining technique did you use? I've dug down to the bedrock and started just clearing out everything and have only found 6 diamonds and maybe 30-50 iron.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 12:37:07 PM by LTKoblinsky »

My wife's new site. Covers fashion, motherhood, our journey to NH, and soon activism.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #310 on: May 29, 2011, 02:50:22 PM »

OK, so I'm trying to open your world, but I'm using Ubuntu (only OS available right now) and I cannot find where the save f  fixed

How did you get so much resources? What mining technique did you use? I've dug down to the bedrock and started just clearing out everything and have only found 6 diamonds and maybe 30-50 iron.

Iron is easy. Find caves and explore them. You'll find more iron that way than you will by digging it all out. Caves are littered with coal and iron.

For diamond you dig down to bedrock, go up about 10 squares, and start digging strips out with two spaces in between.

Imagine you are looking at a wall -

##*##*##*##*##
##*##*##*##*##
##*##*##*##*##

#- is an intact wall. * is dug out.

Make the dug out areas 5x high. Go in a straight line. Dig as  far back as you wanna go and then start on the next line. You will get the maximum number of goody blocks for the least amount of digging this way. The highest concentration of diamond is from layers 10 - 16 up from bedrock.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

LTKoblinsky

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 29, 2011, 03:06:19 PM »

Iron is easy. Find caves and explore them. You'll find more iron that way than you will by digging it all out. Caves are littered with coal and iron.

For diamond you dig down to bedrock, go up about 10 squares, and start digging strips out with two spaces in between.

Imagine you are looking at a wall -

##*##*##*##*##
##*##*##*##*##
##*##*##*##*##

#- is an intact wall. * is dug out.

Make the dug out areas 5x high. Go in a straight line. Dig as  far back as you wanna go and then start on the next line. You will get the maximum number of goody blocks for the least amount of digging this way. The highest concentration of diamond is from layers 10 - 16 up from bedrock.

That's what I'm figuring out.  Thanks for the help. BTW, you any good with the Redwire?

yamnuska

« Reply #312 on: May 31, 2011, 07:45:58 PM »

Nothing, my PS3 seems to be kaput, I never did the whole PS3 multiplayer thing, it turns on, the light turns green, then it beeps and turns off. I have so much saved on it, dammit.

atomiccat

• FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 01, 2011, 03:22:47 AM »

Nothing, my PS3 seems to be kaput, I never did the whole PS3 multiplayer thing, it turns on, the light turns green, then it beeps and turns off. I have so much saved on it, dammit.

try air dusting the ps3, if you don't have a extra fan hooked up it might have over heated

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #314 on: June 02, 2011, 12:01:50 PM »

Somebody really knows how to sweet-talk me into accepting a truce. Needless to say, I am about to continue kicking his ass and stealing all his resources. Motherfucker had the nerve to attack me 3 times just because I attacked him once. Shoulda kept his head down.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 37   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  What Video Games Are You Currently playing?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 32 queries.