Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  What Video Games Are You Currently playing?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 37   Go Down

Author Topic: What Video Games Are You Currently playing?  (Read 144286 times)

Rillion

• View Profile
Re: What Video Games Are You Currently playing?
« Reply #195 on: October 21, 2010, 10:53:26 PM »

Anybody tried Borderlands?

It's not really my style, but my friends who have played LOVE it. 

mrapplecastle

• autonomist
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 21, 2010, 10:55:04 PM »

No sir.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #197 on: October 21, 2010, 10:59:58 PM »

While we're  on the topic, any of you Minecraft players know any good ways to make a trap for the spider mob spawner I found? I built a trap that will drown all the spiders and float the items to me, but it doesnt do it automatically, only if I wait for the spiders to spawn, open the trap, then close it again and wait for more to spawn. That is a tedious way to get items I only want because they're free.

Those guys who are green and get you in the sunlight are called "creepers" and they're scary as hell when you're working and all of a sudden you get blown up by one that snuck up on you. Sssssssssssssssssss...BOOM! I build all my buildings with them specifically in mind. I make it so they cant get in, and if they blow up a wall of my base there is at least 3 layers of rock between where they can get to and the inside of my base. Even underground I build little separate rooms just in case. Currently no mobs can climb ladders or swim underwater so if you make your base with that in mind it can be safe. Also, you can make your house real deep underground with a straight tube covered in ladders ending nearer the bottom mobs will see you at the bottom and fall down it to their deaths but you will be slowed down from falling by the ladders automatically.  You can even make waterfalls "suggest" that mobs jump down the tube  :twisted:
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 22, 2010, 12:10:51 AM »

Those guys who are green and get you in the sunlight are called "creepers" and they're scary as hell when you're working and all of a sudden you get blown up by one that snuck up on you. Sssssssssssssssssss...BOOM! I build all my buildings with them specifically in mind.

slayerboy

• Untitled
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 22, 2010, 11:51:34 PM »

Those guys who are green and get you in the sunlight are called "creepers" and they're scary as hell when you're working and all of a sudden you get blown up by one that snuck up on you. Sssssssssssssssssss...BOOM! I build all my buildings with them specifically in mind.

:lol:

So, i did some exploring.  Dug a hole in the ground, used ladders instead of trying to create stairs to get down.  This seems to work out good.  So, I'm building my lair, multi-leveled, just in case the creepers do manage to survive the fall down the hole.  So I'm digging away, spending "days and nights" toiling away at making a walkway to a more central area.  I decide to use the ladder hole approach thing to go deeper, next thing I know I'm in this huge fucking cavern.  I blocked the water flowing in, found lots of coal and iron.  I was happier than a pig in shit toiling away at getting that space setup.

Alll of a sudden I hear creepers.  WTF...I'm too far underground.  I turn around and theres about 5 creepers running towards me.  That didn't end well.  They must have fallen through another hole or something and I gave up on it.  I copied the save file before I dug the second ladder hole, so i might attempt again, but this time making a room to block off the creepers in that cavern.

This game is fucking epic.  Seriously, this is one time when graphics don't mean shit.  Stupid, mindless game with no story and it's more of an addiction than WoW has been.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #200 on: October 23, 2010, 12:28:42 AM »

Alll of a sudden I hear creepers.  WTF...I'm too far underground.

No, you're not. They spawn down there, in the caves, along with zombies, spiders, and blobs.

Remember, monsters fear the light and thrive in the darkness...  *HINT*
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #201 on: October 23, 2010, 01:30:59 AM »

No, you're not. They spawn down there, in the caves, along with zombies, spiders, and blobs.

Glass roofs and torches ftw. Also, creative use of obstacles. I'm currently working on my newest base and I plan on attempting several traps and walls made creatively out of water, cacti, and hopefully lava (havent found any lava on that base yet since there's enough minerals in high up caves to not necessitate a trip to the bedrock).  My minecart track is halfway to my future base and I'm quite proud of it however simple it may be.

Future site of my next base:
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

slayerboy

• Untitled
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 23, 2010, 03:56:14 AM »

/facepalm

I be a dumbass

Anyways. Found some interesting stuff.
Quote from: http://crafthub.net/2010/10/22/minecraft-halloween-update-preview/
Yes, the flying white things there are the Ghasts. They shoot fireballs at you, and according to Notch, ‘When there are this many Ghasts, you don’t survive for long‘. Specially considering that that red-ish block there burns forever. Yup. Lots of Ghasts throwing fireballs on you and rock that burns forever. That makes sense. It’ll be great to be trapped by lots of flying, crying creatures in a hell-ish dimension full of lava waterfalls. Yes, seriously, it’ll be amazing.

You see that obsidian doorway there? That’s a portal. To make one, make a frame out of obsidian, and set fire to the space inside it. Walk in, you’re in Hell (Notch might rename it; a wise decision, since some people might think it’s somehow related to religion and that wouldn’t be good for his bussiness). If you want to get back to the normal world, you’ll have to make another portal – and there’s the catch. Place the portal just a bit away from the entrance one, and bam, you’re really far. In PCGamer’s Tom Francis’ words, ‘Make one 10 meters away, and you’ll find yourself 160 meters ahead in the real world when you get back‘.

He also tells us that there will be six new blocks – five will have new functions. Also coming with the Halloween update are the biomes, one of the features fans have requested the most. Deserts, forests, snowy mountains. Looks like Minecraft’s already gorgeous landscapes will be even better.

I also found this, some really interesting ideas here: http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=14998

Cyro

• FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 23, 2010, 05:28:26 AM »

New Vegas update:

"Awesome, I just launched a religious cult of ghouls into orbit... Holy fuck, it's 3.30 in the morning!"

Coffee is now essential for continued employment.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 24, 2010, 10:56:31 AM »

Players apparently trying to force Minecraft development by threatening DDOS attacks. 

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #205 on: October 24, 2010, 02:26:44 PM »

Players apparently trying to force Minecraft development by threatening DDOS attacks. 

They cant wait the one week left until the halloween update? Damn. The longer Notch waits to go to Beta the better because it means the game will remain half price. I'm not some indy person who wants there to be as few users as possible, the more, certainly the better.

Rillion

• View Profile

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #207 on: October 27, 2010, 05:01:38 PM »

That issssssssssssssssssssssssssss awesome!

slayerboy

• Untitled
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 28, 2010, 11:03:27 PM »

Obvious Halloween costume is obvious:

Freakin sweet.

Also, I think I am slightly more addicted to this game than I am with WoW. I even have a damn Android app!  The dev just needs to allow day/night timer to run in the background now.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #209 on: October 28, 2010, 11:18:32 PM »

Obvious Halloween costume is obvious:

Freakin sweet.

Also, I think I am slightly more addicted to this game than I am with WoW. I even have a damn Android app!  The dev just needs to allow day/night timer to run in the background now.

The next update will include a craftable watch! Thats why I never throw away anything in the game. Slime balls, redstone, gold. It may not be used by me in the game now, but I'll figure out a use for it later.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 37   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  What Video Games Are You Currently playing?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 33 queries.