Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  What Video Games Are You Currently playing?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 37   Go Down

Author Topic: What Video Games Are You Currently playing?  (Read 144266 times)

mrapplecastle

• autonomist
    • View Profile
Re: What Video Games Are You Currently playing?
« Reply #180 on: October 20, 2010, 06:30:52 PM »

about to try out arcania:gothic 4

slayerboy

• Untitled
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 20, 2010, 11:41:22 PM »

I've been going crazy on Minecraft. Apparently if you explore an entire world, it would equal 1.5 earths. I used a program (Cartographer) to map out the little section that I explored. Its probably less than a mile.

I must be doing it wrong...I can't get past much.  Worst money I've ever spent.  Oh...wait....I took out student loans just so I could quit college 5 times.

Seriously though, Minecraft looks interesting, I just haven't been able to do much other than pick up flowers and throw them.  And get stuck in ditches. With no way out.  And watch it get dark.  And then quit the game and restart only to do the same exact fucking thing.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #182 on: October 20, 2010, 11:48:54 PM »

I've been going crazy on Minecraft. Apparently if you explore an entire world, it would equal 1.5 earths. I used a program (Cartographer) to map out the little section that I explored. Its probably less than a mile.

I must be doing it wrong...I can't get past much.  Worst money I've ever spent.  Oh...wait....I took out student loans just so I could quit college 5 times.

Seriously though, Minecraft looks interesting, I just haven't been able to do much other than pick up flowers and throw them.  And get stuck in ditches. With no way out.  And watch it get dark.  And then quit the game and restart only to do the same exact fucking thing.

Lol. Its all about figuring things out on your own. If you want a hint though, go pound a tree into bits. Then hit "i" and  place a log in the 4X4 square area. Try different combinations and shapes. Also, dont have the game on peaceful, and try to outwit the creepers at night :) The creepers are the best and worst part of the game.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 21, 2010, 12:37:27 AM »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylVtj-1Ccgg[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qss4uy6C_g0[/youtube]

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #184 on: October 21, 2010, 01:20:12 AM »

Go with a cave and a latter plus door. Creepers can blow up a house like its nothing and you cant see it coming. In my main one I built a latter up a cliff to a special walkway that goes to an inner chamber protected by a door. Creepers have actually fallen off the cliff and blown up the outer surface before so I put a wall around the top of the cliff and covered the hillside with waterfalls. Its rather complex but awesome. I'm working on minecarts right now.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Riddler

« Reply #185 on: October 21, 2010, 05:34:04 AM »

''minecraft''?
who the fuck did the graphics?
the guys from the 1970's atari games?

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #186 on: October 21, 2010, 10:18:27 AM »

LOL
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

AOD_Horseman

• Yours Truly
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 21, 2010, 03:40:47 PM »

Finally got Just Cause 2 after a few months of sitting atop my Gamefly list. Whole thing's a blast, blow up evil (Southeast Asian) government infrastructure, drive or fly anything, and best of all a grappling hook and parachutes that defy all physics. You can't beat grabbing a guy with your hook, then hooking that line to a propane tank, shooting it, and watching it fly off into the sky.
Bushi no ichi-gon

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 21, 2010, 06:58:01 PM »

wow.  Minecraft is addictive as fuck.  And yeah the graphics suck.  I've built a couple subterranean castles so far that extend far above ground at key points as well.  Problem is when I die I can't find them and have to build another one.  I guess eventually I'll have enough of them littered throughout so that it won't be a problem.

Finding iron is a bitch though.  I dig forever and then get like 10 ingots worth, which isn't even enough to fund the pickaxes.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 21, 2010, 08:09:23 PM »

I just got a PS3 and got a couple games for it to tide me over until Gran Turismo 5 comes out.  I'm also excited for the new Tron game and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2.  So far I've got:

Dragon Age: Origins (liking it, though the maps don't make much sense to me)
Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time (a little tedious so far, but I only played through the first 15 minutes or so)
Super Street Fighter 4 (very, very good)
Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection (a bunch of old Sega Genesis games including Shining Force 1 and 2...awesome)
Sports Champions (I got all the Move shit...it's pretty fun)

Stuff currently on my "to get" list: Katamari Forever and Bayonetta.  Does anyone have any more suggestions?

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #190 on: October 21, 2010, 10:32:28 PM »

wow.  Minecraft is addictive as fuck.  And yeah the graphics suck.  I've built a couple subterranean castles so far that extend far above ground at key points as well.  Problem is when I die I can't find them and have to build another one.  I guess eventually I'll have enough of them littered throughout so that it won't be a problem.

Finding iron is a bitch though.  I dig forever and then get like 10 ingots worth, which isn't even enough to fund the pickaxes.

Yeah iron is tough. You have to just walk along caverns until you find it or you'll be going through pickaxes like crazy. I think theres a way to get your respawn to change, but its a game hack and could screw up the game (maybe, who knows?) after the game switches to Beta. I started my homebase very close to my respawn on purpose and now I'm building (And having fun figuring out) a minecart track across the ocean to a more suitable and resourceful base. If you dont want to lose your sense of direction print out a few maps using Cartographer (search the minecraft forum) or build a giant lighthouse using torches and ladders (I've done both on my main). Getting lost sucks worse underground though and I still havent worked out a system for that other than dig up to the surface and get my bearings.

slayerboy

• Untitled
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 21, 2010, 10:44:39 PM »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylVtj-1Ccgg[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qss4uy6C_g0[/youtube]

Thanks!  I also found some stuff on the forums.  Holy fuck this shit is addicting as hell.

Also, aren't zombies supposed to burn up during the day?  I have a few roaming around, blowing me up and a couple got in my cave and fucked all my shit up. I finally got him dead using a torch.  Now I need to rebuild all the fucking tools i had because when the fucker killed me the first time he blasted my chest, forge, and crafting table.  At least my wooden door is in tact! :P

Best thing I did was put torches all around the area on the outside on higher ground where my cave is.  I might try the lighthouse idea.  The dude who is making this game is seriously undercharging.  No, the graphics are not amazing, but think of it as digital legos.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 21, 2010, 10:49:49 PM »

Finished Call of Pripyat last week.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

mrapplecastle

• autonomist
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 21, 2010, 10:50:39 PM »

Finished Call of Pripyat last week.
I wish it was longer.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 21, 2010, 10:52:31 PM »

No kiddin.

Did you play the 1st two?

Anybody tried Borderlands?
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 37   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  What Video Games Are You Currently playing?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 32 queries.