Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  What Video Games Are You Currently playing?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 37   Go Down

Author Topic: What Video Games Are You Currently playing?  (Read 144379 times)

Rillion

• View Profile
Re: What Video Games Are You Currently playing?
« Reply #135 on: June 22, 2010, 05:16:09 PM »

So the new 250 gb Xbox 360 arrived this afternoon.  My first thoughts are that aesthetically I still like the 120 gb version more, but everything else seems to be superior.  The console is noticeably quieter and smaller, though the power brick really doesn't look much smaller to me.  The included controller seems slightly smaller than the old ones, and is entirely black except for the buttons.  The joystick and direction pads are black, but thankfully they didn't decide to make the controller glossy to match the console!  That would've been an smudge fest within seconds. 

I was somewhat disappointed that unlike the older version the power cable and AV cable are not grey, because that distinguished them from the mass of other black cords coming out the back of our entertainment center.  But that's a minor complaint. 

I guess it's cool that the there's now a beeping sensor rather than a button that you use to open the drawer?  It beeps both when you open it and close it.  Doesn't make much difference to me one way or the other, but if the button has been causing problems for you then that might be a relief. 

Setting up wifi was a breeze-- it auto-detects your network and you enter the WEP key, and you're good to go.  Netflix will stream if you have a Netflix account and you have Xbox Live Gold, but you have to download an application and activate it through their web site.   

We got a month's subscription to Gold with the SanDisk USB drive we bought to transfer profiles and games from the old console to the new one.   Getting used to it is going to take a while for me though, I think, since I haven't played that way in.....well, ever.  Rarely even used vent in WoW with my guild.  The idea of roaming around in a game with a bunch of strangers talking to each other is kind of intimidating.  I know that sounds silly to you people who have been doing it forever, but for me it's weird, okay?  ;)   I logged into Red Dead Redemption multiplayer and some guy was singing like a loon.  Anonymity makes people behave oddly. 

The included headset seems equally flimsy as the one that came with the other Xbox, just all black in comparison to the old version's black and grey.  I assume I'll be buying a more substantial version sooner or later.

All in all, this purchase seems like a no-brainer for a person like me who is entirely new to the XBox 360 and has no other consoles (well, aside from an original XBox).  If you've already got one that is in reasonably good shape, it might be a harder decision for you.  The $90 trade-in deal from GameStop seems like a good way to go.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #136 on: June 22, 2010, 06:20:33 PM »

I'd lose to her long time. 

Not much for vids, my life is a video game.  This is Jeanette Lee, not just another pretty face - one of the best pool sharks that ever chalked a cue. 

Sorry for disrupting, I just like billiards and darts.  Volunteering my unwelcome two cents.  Back to your regularly scheduled thread, already in progress.

Red Dead looks fun, glad y'all are diggin it. 

inane

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 23, 2010, 03:22:23 AM »

I started playing team fortress 2 recently. Good times.
Astrology is as vacuous as the space it worships.
-Perry DeAngelis

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 31, 2010, 06:21:45 PM »

Portal, for the first time.  On the Xbox.  Weird. 

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #139 on: July 31, 2010, 11:44:51 PM »

Portal, for the first time.  On the Xbox.  Weird. 

Portal on the PC, was so amazing. I got such a thrill once I finished it.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 01, 2010, 04:00:24 AM »

Starcraft 2 is my new heroin.

Its really out!??!?!?!?
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 02, 2010, 06:11:17 PM »

Re: SC2 

I entered a contest to win a collector's edition, but otherwise I'll probably get it next year or so.  Too many other games to play right now, and I know I'll suck at the multi-player mode so there's no big rush to get it at the same time everybody else is. 

Am enjoying the hell out of DeathSpank, though.   :)

Osborne

• Worshipful Grand Conspirator
    • View Profile
    • Sakal/CAI
« Reply #142 on: August 02, 2010, 06:15:48 PM »

I'd lose to her long time. 

Not much for vids, my life is a video game.  This is Jeanette Lee, not just another pretty face - one of the best pool sharks that ever chalked a cue. 

Sorry for disrupting, I just like billiards and darts.  Volunteering my unwelcome two cents.  Back to your regularly scheduled thread, already in progress.

Red Dead looks fun, glad y'all are diggin it. 

Mmmm, the Black Widow.

Need to come visit Osborne sometime. Used to play darts and pool every day in school, but haven't had anyone to play with in years.  :(

cavalier973

• You can't take the sky from me
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 03, 2010, 03:13:57 AM »

Its really out!??!?!?!?

Yes. It was released on the 27th. It is awesome.

Do the Terrans still speak with a Southron accent?
For God and Free Trade

cavalier973

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 03, 2010, 03:16:51 AM »

I've started playing Pirates! again.  The most recent one.  One of the interesting things about the older Pirates! Gold was that you could make more money trading between ports than you could going on account.  This new one, however, basically mandates that you engage in mass theft to advance to the better levels.
For God and Free Trade

yamnuska

« Reply #145 on: August 03, 2010, 03:52:45 AM »

PS3: Dragon Age Origins

Just Cause 2

Like them both

PC: Age of empires 3: I get to kill the british.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #146 on: August 04, 2010, 10:44:54 PM »

Mmmm, the Black Widow.

Need to come visit Osborne sometime. Used to play darts and pool every day in school, but haven't had anyone to play with in years.  :(

That'd be real cool.  If I'm ever allowed to leave the state, I'll surely find the skinny-half of my Mali and make the trek.

Once upon a time, I was actually half decent.  Better on a bar table than a pro-size.  Although, these days, probably suck on both. 

My last hangout, the owners kid took a shine to me.  Ten years old, played better than just about any decent guy.  Kid was a born hustler.  He'd come over, tug on my sleeve, I'd look down from my stool..  theres this kid with an open handful of quarters.  Arite, you rack.  Ethan, I think. 

They used to keep him entertained by having a TV over in the quiet corner playing Sponge Bob DVDs, he'd hang over there with fries and a coke, his stick.  Tell ya what, its annoying getting beat by a kid who has one eye glued to fuckin' Sponge Bob, in between shots. 

the hermit

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 05, 2010, 02:35:45 AM »

PS3: Dragon Age Origins

Dragon Age is much, much better on PC.

ANY game is 100x better on pc.  been playing the new starcraft....waiting on diablo 3.  played wow for the last 5 years...just cant even look at it any more ;)  if you havent played battlefield 2142 get it... http://battlefield.ea.com/battlefield/bf2142/
best game(s) ever?....the ultima series...(early 80s)  the ultima games changed my life....that was when games was just being born..long live Lord British!  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Garriott

but ultima 4 was probably my favorite game of all time.  played ultima 4-10
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultima_IV:_Quest_of_the_Avatar
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 02:45:03 AM by the hermit »

the hermit

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 05, 2010, 02:42:57 AM »

yeah its really good...ive finished the single player campaign but i just cant figure out the multiplayer....by the time i get my barracks built the other guy has about 10,000 meanies swarming me.

cavalier973

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 05, 2010, 04:09:14 AM »

yeah its really good...ive finished the single player campaign but i just cant figure out the multiplayer....by the time i get my barracks built the other guy has about 10,000 meanies swarming me.

You forgot to cheat.

Is your avatar from Baron Munchausen?
For God and Free Trade
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 37   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  What Video Games Are You Currently playing?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.