Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  What Video Games Are You Currently playing?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 37   Go Down

Author Topic: What Video Games Are You Currently playing?  (Read 144453 times)

cavalier973

• You can't take the sky from me
    • View Profile
Re: What Video Games Are You Currently playing?
« Reply #105 on: May 01, 2010, 06:20:33 PM »

I just reinstalled the original NWN.  I have it and both expansion packs, but by the time I would've gotten around to playing the expansions, I was playing online and then I got NWN 2.  I'm thinking I might start playing through NWN and the expansions in my free time...meaning I'll probably give up half way through the original campaign because I have no free time :P

I mostly play NWN on the War of the Rings server under the "team" tab.  I get my tail handed to me everytime, but the challenge always draws me back.  It's hard to play using my laptop, though, because the function keys don't work right.
For God and Free Trade

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 01, 2010, 07:10:17 PM »

I just reinstalled the original NWN.  I have it and both expansion packs, but by the time I would've gotten around to playing the expansions, I was playing online and then I got NWN 2.  I'm thinking I might start playing through NWN and the expansions in my free time...meaning I'll probably give up half way through the original campaign because I have no free time :P

I mostly play NWN on the War of the Rings server under the "team" tab.  I get my tail handed to me everytime, but the challenge always draws me back.  It's hard to play using my laptop, though, because the function keys don't work right.

Yeah, I've played on some random servers and generally don't have a good time.  I used to play on The Vast, but they had server issues that drove me away and it wasn't very well populated near the end of my time there.  They also used more "realistic" gameplay, so you needed to have food in order to rest (which would get used up), and there was almost no magic...not exactly my cup of tea generally but the other players were nice enough so I stuck around for a while.  I'm not really interested in online RPG play anymore because I just don't prioritize video gaming high enough to have any regular time to put aside and play.

BobRobertson

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 02, 2010, 02:02:04 PM »

"I regret that I am now to die in the belief that the useless sacrifice of themselves by the generation of 1776 to acquire self-government and happiness to their country is to be thrown away by the unwise and unworthy passions of their sons, and that my only consolation is to be that I live not to weep over it."
-- Thomas Jefferson, April 26th 1820

soliscjw

• this is my pride and joy her name is Kahlan
    • View Profile
    • Just my own webpage
« Reply #108 on: May 02, 2010, 02:47:40 PM »

I am still playing World of Warcraft and it is great

Robin

• I may be a bastard, but I'm not a fucking bastard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 02, 2010, 04:21:47 PM »

@those of you who are playing WoW.... What realm?????

Let's guild up!!  :D
But now I'm on a mission to mend. Everything that broke and make it glisten again. Strip down, redesign, construct, and improve. While the rest procrastinate I'll be making my move.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 02, 2010, 05:35:01 PM »

You play American realms?

I have an account on EU realms with an 80 level character, but have suspended it until Cataclysm comes out.  At that point I was thinking of starting a new character anyway, so I might just leave that and start up an entirely new account on American since you can't transfer them.  I'd be happy to guild up then if you're willing and able.   :)

Trillian

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 02, 2010, 07:03:03 PM »

I'm in a US Realm, Burning Blade. It's been since the beginning of the semester though since I've played.

Robin

• I may be a bastard, but I'm not a fucking bastard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 03, 2010, 02:07:59 AM »

yeah we are on Us realms now, just screwing around until Cataclysm comes out. I have a few toons on Maiev and we just started leveling on Blood Hoof. All horde right now, I played Ally when I first started WoW but it's been so long I wouldn't know what to do with an Ally toon now haha
But now I'm on a mission to mend. Everything that broke and make it glisten again. Strip down, redesign, construct, and improve. While the rest procrastinate I'll be making my move.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #113 on: May 03, 2010, 02:44:11 AM »

I played Ally when I first started WoW

:x

FOR THE FORSAKEN HORDE!!!
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #114 on: May 03, 2010, 12:14:50 PM »

Nethack
http://www.nethack.org/
Awesome!!
I'm dgoddard on http://www.alt.org/nethack -- always a chaotic Monk, or a Tourist.
Haven't played there much lately though (too much work takin' up my gaming time)

Every Halloween night, after the kiddies are in bed, I join the devnull tournament. The amount I play the rest of the month depends on work and family and stuff.
http://nethack.devnull.net/

BobRobertson

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 03, 2010, 04:03:48 PM »

Every Halloween night, after the kiddies are in bed, I join the devnull tournament. The amount I play the rest of the month depends on work and family and stuff.
http://nethack.devnull.net/

I usually get farther playing a monk than any other, but ranger has been fun.

Joining the tournament would be a waste of time for me. I never get past 10-12th levels. Ever. Not in 12 years of playing the bloody game.

I have gotten quite good at the sokoban levels, though. Repetition.
"I regret that I am now to die in the belief that the useless sacrifice of themselves by the generation of 1776 to acquire self-government and happiness to their country is to be thrown away by the unwise and unworthy passions of their sons, and that my only consolation is to be that I live not to weep over it."
-- Thomas Jefferson, April 26th 1820

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #116 on: May 03, 2010, 06:49:42 PM »

Joining the tournament would be a waste of time for me. I never get past 10-12th levels. Ever. Not in 12 years of playing the bloody game.
The tournament is fun because they add cool mods to the program. Last year(?) it was the pacman level. Big fun.

And in 20 years of playing nethack and reading spoilers, I think I've ascended 3 times. Not an easy game, dude.

cavalier973

• You can't take the sky from me
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 03, 2010, 11:24:46 PM »

The tournament is fun because they add cool mods to the program. Last year(?) it was the pacman level. Big fun.

And in 20 years of playing nethack and reading spoilers, I think I've ascended 3 times. Not an easy game, dude.

Did you ascend without going into Xplore mode?

I suck at NH because I always choose the knights.  And knights suck.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 11:26:29 PM by cavalier973 »
For God and Free Trade

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #118 on: May 03, 2010, 11:41:46 PM »

Did you ascend without going into Xplore mode?
Yes. eXplore is not a real game.

I never played a Knight. But, can they suck worse than Tourists? I only got PYEC like 4-5 times in thousands of games. I did ascend as a Tourist once or twice, though (can't remember -- like I said, I've been playing ~20 years)

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #119 on: May 03, 2010, 11:46:23 PM »

I've only managed to ascend twice. Both times with Valkyries, so I can exactly brag.

But that's alright, because I made a whole frigging tileset that people like.

DON'T YOU FUCKING SAY IT GODDARD. :-P

"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 37   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  What Video Games Are You Currently playing?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 32 queries.