Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  What Video Games Are You Currently playing?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 37   Go Down

Author Topic: What Video Games Are You Currently playing?  (Read 144287 times)

Level 20 Anklebiter

• Small, but deadly
    • View Profile
Re: What Video Games Are You Currently playing?
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2010, 10:46:21 AM »

Fallen Earth. :3

I hear thunder but there's no rain, this kind of thunder breaks walls and window pane

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2010, 02:40:20 PM »

New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Picross DS
Plants Vs. Zombies
Audiosulf
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

MasterShake

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2010, 09:50:34 PM »

New Super Mario Bros -- DS
Legends of Exidia -- DS
Sonic Rush -- DS
Iron Chef America: Supreme Cuisine -- DS
Mario Vs. Donkey Kong: Mini Marios -- DS
Big Brain Academy -- DS
Brain Age -- DS

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2010, 02:50:02 PM »

Bubble Tanks tower defense.
Very good TD implementation, and I'm mesmerized by the music.

I tried that. It was fun. I was addicted for a couple of days. Fortunately I was cured when I reached the level that never ends and I built perfect defenses that could stop everything. I actually just walked away and let the game play itself for 20 minutes. After that, I was cured.
"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2010, 03:43:11 PM »

I am sad to say I did the same things and was not cured.  :(
It's addictive... but not as much as NetHack, which I no longer allow myself to play, except for the yearly tournament
http://alt.org/nethack/

atomiccat

• FTL AMPlifier
  • Anarchy will Reign when pigs fly... Look a pig!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2010, 04:24:25 PM »

I am currently playing

ModernWarfare2 - 360
Battlefield 1943 - 360
Call of duty :WAW - 360
Dungeons and dragons online - PC
Tropico 3 - PC
Battlefield bad company 2 beta- PC
And random GBA / sega roms on my hacked psp

ciscokid1024

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 16, 2010, 06:54:03 PM »

I mostly play solitaire and Tower Defense flash games but recently I wanted to give my kids some less violent video game alternatives so for the PS3 I got them Flowers, Critter Crunch, and Little Big Planet.
Flowers and Critter Crunch you can buy online and then download. Flowers is a very cool game where you are a flower petal and you fly around using the PS3 motion detector and transform kinda dead areas into green, flowery areas. It is fun and different.
Critter crunch is an amusing, fast paced puzzle game and it's only $6 to download.
Little Big Planet is a game where the players can design their own puppet person and then run and jump around and get points, bonuses, and new puppet clothes. You can also create your own maps. My kids like it and I think they will play it for a while.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2010, 05:00:20 AM »

Most Tower Defense games are not violent at all. And I think they teach an intuitive sense of economics: my 5-year-old knows that it is better to save your money and invest in upgrades of your best towers, than to waste money on bombs which explode and then are gone.

Investing, baby.

ciscokid1024

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2010, 08:30:39 AM »

I didn't mean to say Tower Defense games were violent. I was just saying I like to play them.

I was trying to say that my teenage son and almost teenage daughter like to play first person shooters like Halo and I wanted to try to find them some less violent alternatives. I don't tell them what games they can or can not play I just wanted to give them some less violent options. Especially my son who really likes the violent games like Gears or War.

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2010, 03:37:34 PM »

What's wrong with violent video games again?  I think I got my first violent video game at age 12, it was Wolfenstein 3D for 3DO.  Great game, and you got to kill Nazi Zombies.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 17, 2010, 03:53:46 PM »

Most Tower Defense games are not violent at all. And I think they teach an intuitive sense of economics: my 5-year-old knows that it is better to save your money and invest in upgrades of your best towers, than to waste money on bombs which explode and then are gone.

Investing, baby.

First time I played one of these games, that's pretty much dead-on the advice my two youngest children game me. I was tickled they'd figured it out... if only I could get them to apply that bit of wisdom to skipping candy & plastic crap purchases and saving up for the DSi they want so badly.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

ciscokid1024

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2010, 03:51:56 PM »

What's wrong with violent video games again?  I think I got my first violent video game at age 12, it was Wolfenstein 3D for 3DO.  Great game, and you got to kill Nazi Zombies.

I don't think anything is wrong with violent video games per se. I am trying to act and think more peacefully so I am trying to lessen the amount of violent themed entertainment and sports that I watch.

Since I wanted to buy my kids some new video games I thought it would be a good idea to give them some games that aren't as violent to play. They can play whatever games they like, I just want to give them an alternative.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 27, 2010, 10:11:16 PM »

Metro 2033 is good. It's one of those "rat maze" or "rails" games (where there looks to be interesting places to go, but you can't since there's an invisible barrier there).. but still good. Read some reviews where they say it's nothing like Stalker, but it's actually quite a bit like that game.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #88 on: April 28, 2010, 07:36:00 AM »

The free flash strategy game I'm playing lately:
http://apps.facebook.com/backyardmonsters/

Yes, it's a facebook game; no, it's not freakin' farmville or mafia wars.
Yes, the first week or so there is not much to do -- it's not a time-sink addictive-clicky game; it's a strategy game for people with lives.
I'm about 2 days from having the "initial player protection" come off, then I'll be able to kill and be killed, based on the defenses I've built up to that point.

inane

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 28, 2010, 10:22:02 AM »

I've been hooked on Team Fortress 2 lately.
Astrology is as vacuous as the space it worships.
-Perry DeAngelis
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 37   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  What Video Games Are You Currently playing?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.