Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  What the Hell is going on in here?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: What the Hell is going on in here?  (Read 48143 times)

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
Re: What the Hell is going on in here?
« Reply #120 on: July 07, 2012, 11:10:05 PM »

Good deal man.

Hope business booms.
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 09, 2012, 12:43:02 AM »

Put the photos in the AMP part. Have a comment thread in the open section.
I am tired of Mark complaining about the AMP money going down, that might fix that.
Thank You.
Al.

Not a bad suggestion.  I don't think it would help all that much though.  As far a the amp money going down I think a recent thread by Denis explaining his thoughts are probably the thoughts of a lot of others.

As far as the BBS itself, I wish it was as active as it used to be.
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

DragQueen

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 09, 2012, 06:59:56 AM »

*see above*
a change of command structure would do a great deal toward that end
refresh button....that sort of thing

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 09, 2012, 09:35:01 AM »

*see above*
a change of command structure would do a great deal toward that end
refresh button....that sort of thing

I don't think it's that simple. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

hen567mcb

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 09, 2012, 05:48:04 PM »

Good job man keep it up......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Best regards,
hen567mcb | high risk merchant account
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 02:58:45 PM by hen567mcb »

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 09, 2012, 07:27:41 PM »

Fred, I'm not sure what you're talking about.  I haven't deleted any posts.  And there are no cheesecake photos. 
         -George W. Bush

FTL_Mark

• I'm a Moderator now, but I don't want to hear your whining!
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 10, 2012, 12:10:34 PM »

I am tired of Mark complaining about the AMP money going down, that might fix that.
Thank You.
Al.

Not a bad suggestion.  I don't think it would help all that much though.  As far a the amp money going down I think a recent thread by Denis explaining his thoughts are probably the thoughts of a lot of others.

I am not certain that is true. For everyone that thinks that Ian's activism is bat-shit insane, there is someone that thinks the opposite. Most Not-For-Profits are down in donations these days, many at a far greater percentage than AMP. I think it is just indicative of the economy right now. Besides, if people don't like Ian's activism but do like mine (getting elected as a State Delegate, completing the 1st 1K, setting up the best recruitment program for the FSP yet, ect) why would they pull their AMPs? That doesn't make sense. It is a 2-person show and we do different stuff. If one dislikes what one host does, one shouldn't punish the other host.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 12:15:56 PM by FTL_Mark »
No one has conjectured that I could quite possibly be a Libertarian posing as an Anarchist trying to pretend to still be a Libertarian; or what I like to call an Anarcho-Hustler.

FTL_Mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 10, 2012, 12:16:43 PM »

Nice to hear from you again, Lindsey, btw.
No one has conjectured that I could quite possibly be a Libertarian posing as an Anarchist trying to pretend to still be a Libertarian; or what I like to call an Anarcho-Hustler.

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #128 on: July 10, 2012, 01:31:04 PM »

Thank You.
Al.

Not a bad suggestion.  I don't think it would help all that much though.  As far a the amp money going down I think a recent thread by Denis explaining his thoughts are probably the thoughts of a lot of others.

If one dislikes what one host does, one shouldn't punish the other host.

I'm not speaking for myself here, but maybe its the same thing going on that happens with the complaint dept. at a large corporation. They rarely get calls from customers about positive experiences, but get flooded with negative ones all the time.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 10:36:26 PM by Turd Ferguson »
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 10, 2012, 02:41:56 PM »

... if people don't like Ian's activism but do like mine (getting elected as a State Delegate, completing the 1st 1K, setting up the best recruitment program for the FSP yet, ect) why would they pull their AMPs? That doesn't make sense. It is a 2-person show and we do different stuff. If one dislikes what one host does, one shouldn't punish the other host.

Mark, you're such a statist - practically a community organizer. :wink:

Ian is louder about his activism. He also tends to be involved in things which push buttons, whether for good or bad.
The person working the slow and steady route goes unnoticed. Even though there are probably former AMPers who support what you're doing, there is no way to send AMP money to support you and your activism without also supporting Ian and his.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 10, 2012, 05:04:23 PM »

...and it's not necessarily the activism...it's the "libertarian macho flash," as Ian obviously knows it from having read Michael Cloud's book.  It's going out of his way to make the message as unpalatable as possible, and BROADCASTING it, to boot, that's counterproductive to libertarian persuasion.  Those of us who suggest he just lighten it up a bit and think about his choices (like not just supporting borderline activism, but producing a movie on it, and making a big deal about it on air.)  There are a lot of fellow travelers who, instead of being persuaded to principled liberty, will decide it's for nut jobs.

FTL_Mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 10, 2012, 09:02:14 PM »

...and it's not necessarily the activism...it's the "libertarian macho flash," as Ian obviously knows it from having read Michael Cloud's book.  It's going out of his way to make the message as unpalatable as possible, and BROADCASTING it, to boot, that's counterproductive to libertarian persuasion.  Those of us who suggest he just lighten it up a bit and think about his choices (like not just supporting borderline activism, but producing a movie on it, and making a big deal about it on air.)  There are a lot of fellow travelers who, instead of being persuaded to principled liberty, will decide it's for nut jobs.

You do know that FTL gets incredible ratings in the markets from which we can get ratings right? Where are these horrified people? I can tell you that they are not in Florence, AL; Indianapolis, IN; Charleston, SC or any other place we have gotten ratings from. I have to disagree that FTL makes the message of liberty unpalatable, or if Ian does, then I counter-balance it successfully.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 10, 2012, 09:26:07 PM »

You do know that FTL gets incredible ratings in the markets from which we can get ratings right? Where are these horrified people? I can tell you that they are not in Florence, AL; Indianapolis, IN; Charleston, SC or any other place we have gotten ratings from. I have to disagree that FTL makes the message of liberty unpalatable, or if Ian does, then I counter-balance it successfully.

People doing outlandishly idiotic things gets ratings.  There's no disputing that.  It does not persuade.  It discredits the message.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 10, 2012, 10:23:40 PM »

Everyone here has some good points.  I like the discussion here on the forum, and we catch the show occasionally on XM, but I do find the antics of the extreme activist crowd a turn off.  I do think Mark balances it well.  You will never please anyone, but if what you are doing is working, then keep on keepin' on.   8)
         -George W. Bush

hen567mcb

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 11, 2012, 10:11:16 PM »

Thanks every one here discussion is going really better. but i think Laetitia balance is well going. keep it up..
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  What the Hell is going on in here?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 32 queries.