Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  What part of legal immigration dont you understand?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: What part of legal immigration dont you understand?  (Read 3927 times)

Terror Australis

• Bitcoin Evangelist
  • FTL AMPlifier
  • People cannot be coerced into freedom.
    • View Profile
    • Bitcoin
User generated content + bitcoin = http://witcoin.com

Ben

• View Profile
Re: What part of legal immigration dont you understand?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 06:40:40 AM »

hmmm well I have no hope of getting in.

not related to anyone and not skilled.
People are so brainwashed by government and media lies that they'll actually argue their own rights away.

Riddler

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 07:57:24 AM »

i hope those douchebag authors made one up for mexico, too.
& show the much stiffer felony-related penalties that go along w/ being ''illegal'' there.

not holding breath

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 08:19:18 AM »

I bet a few women would beg to differ about the skilled part, the way you got that tongue hanging out. :lol:
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 08:19:49 AM »

& show the much stiffer felony-related penalties that go along w/ being ''illegal'' there.

not holding breath

I'm not sure whether you're joking or serious.  That was made by Reason for the express purpose of showing how ridiculous our legal immigration process is.

Terror Australis

• Bitcoin Evangelist
  • FTL AMPlifier
  • People cannot be coerced into freedom.
    • View Profile
    • Bitcoin
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 08:33:02 AM »

I bet a few women would beg to differ about the skilled part, the way you got that tongue hanging out. :lol:

All Aussies can breathe through their ears. :wink:
User generated content + bitcoin = http://witcoin.com

Riddler

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2010, 03:51:33 PM »

not holding breath

I'm not sure whether you're joking or serious.  That was made by Reason for the express purpose of showing how ridiculous our legal immigration process is.

yeah, i get it.
its also to posture for open borders/let everybody in, no questions
fuck that

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2010, 04:05:48 PM »

not holding breath

I'm not sure whether you're joking or serious.  That was made by Reason for the express purpose of showing how ridiculous our legal immigration process is.

yeah, i get it.
its also to posture for open borders/let everybody in, no questions
fuck that

It implies no such thing as "open borders/let everybody in, no questions."  (That is my stand, though.)

The author may simply believe the process should be less cumbersome.  If you're uncomfortable with the results of your favored policy, check your premise, and your conscience.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2010, 04:44:20 PM »

My argument is thus:  Unless they're gonna un-document me, and leave me the fuck alone, they should streamline the procedure of documentation for a segment of populace who are coming here anyway.

Maybe I'm jealous.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2010, 05:00:12 PM »

My argument is thus:  Unless they're gonna un-document me, and leave me the fuck alone, they should streamline the procedure of documentation for a segment of populace who are coming here anyway.

Maybe I'm jealous.

I understand your sentiment.  

I'm not jealous.  They risk being caged and dumped God-knows-where, and they work damned cheaply, fearing being turned in.  They probably see some pretty poor working conditions, too.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2010, 08:06:40 PM »

My argument is thus:  Unless they're gonna un-document me, and leave me the fuck alone, they should streamline the procedure of documentation for a segment of populace who are coming here anyway.

Maybe I'm jealous.

I understand your sentiment.  

I'm not jealous.  They risk being caged and dumped God-knows-where, and they work damned cheaply, fearing being turned in.  They probably see some pretty poor working conditions, too.

Yes and no.  For example, a legitimate small place owned by a legal guy, often they'll hire their compadres by word of mouth.  Kinda like the paki's staff the store with family and friends.  The owner is on the books, and says he works the whole place from open to close.  He doesn't technically get taxed on his own wage, he gets taxed on his profit of running the store, whatever he declares. 

To an illegal, a few bucks an hour is better than none, and its cheaper for the employer.  If he can pay 5 off the books, and seven-fifty to a taxed worker, which is better for him? 

When I lived in my former city, which had a high concentration of foreigners from varying countries south of Texas, it was littered with small stores and businesses.  Stores that sold bread and smokes, supported by the few surrounding blocks.  There were discount furniture businesses, mattress stores, body shops, used car lots, carpet cleaners, fast food storefronts, and tons of ladder trucks for home repair.  The community supports itself.  A lot of which is off-the-books transactions, cashbox style.  In other words, agorism - largely cash based, but not entirely. 

I think the "picker" and sweatshop stereotype is largely overblown, if not entirely obsolete.  A lot of those guys are transitory, making their way to a destination, where they'll be absorbed into a more reasonable and more permanent sub-culture of the economy.  If they're hanging out front of Lowes looking for work, they probably won't be there next year.  Not 'cause they got shipped back, but because they found a nitch. 

I was taking a cab ride a few months ago, black driver, older dude who had a Bill Cosby sort-of rap.  He said "Lotta Mex around here, 'eh?  They own a lotta fuckin stores, man.  Blacks been here since 1850, Mex since 1950, and the blacks don't own shit.  You know why that is?"  and I said I didn't, even though I did know his answer...  he said "Because the fucking mexicans will work their balls off, and the blacks won't."  I guess anyone can understand why I didn't want to say that to him, but he said it.  And its pretty true, when it comes to small business city stuff.  When you're on the dole and you work, you wreck it.  Your apartment is no longer subsidized, your daycare is no longer subsidized, no more foodstamp allowance, and your total income actually becomes less when you have a legitimate job.  It doesn't pay to work - everybody's heard that statement about a thousand times. 

As far as getting shipped back, theres an informal policy here with the state cops.  If they pull over a car of illegals, they'll let 'em go because its a paperwork shitstorm, ICE has to get involved.  As long as they're not drug mules, they can go. 

--

Now...  before someone drops the hammer on me and says I hate beaners, thats not true.  I don't fucking care what they do.  I'm worried about me.  My taxes, and what is expected of me.  I'm really not thrilled about paying into a trillion-dollar infrastructure that is floundering and pretending to work on a "problem", when they really don't know what the fuck to do.  Its an unsolvable problem if they continue playing the game the way they are.  Hiring more and more cops and agents, who respond to drug crime and drive around projects with clipboards trying to take a headcount.  Legitimize the situation, document the fuckers, put a turnstile on the border and take their fucking thumbprint, and be done with it. 

We're all supposed to be equal in this country, and I sure don't feel like theres a whole lot of equality happening, if thirty-odd million people can dodge the system and I'm paying upwards of half my paycheck to something that I don't benefit from. 

I like to think that if more people really analyzed where their aggression lays, they'd perhaps realize they don't actually have a problem with the "goddamn mexicans", what they have a problem with is the goddamn system that is fucking them over because they don't know how to deal with a relatively simple problem, and creating different policy will fuck over a few million white guys in a multitude of uniforms.  Its no different than the military industrial complex, the prison industrial complex, you've also got the whole structure designed to deal with immigration and its various problems, and it costs a fuckin' lot of money to run - and messing with it would put a whole shitload of people out of work.  And I'm tired of paying for it.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2010, 09:16:12 PM »

Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2010, 09:27:59 PM »

republican friend - we gotta stop paying for the illegals health care and shit, so we need to guard the borders better

me - well why dont we just end the welfare system, that way they wont come here for welfare, just for work?

republican friend - yeah, good luck with that LOL!!!

me - Oh, so youre saying its gonna be easier to guard the borders with thousands of guards, guard stations, fuel, electricity, insurance, pensions, managers, dogs vehicles weapons etc etc..................ALL AT YOUR EXPENSE?

republican friend - well yeah, but we gotta do something!!!!

me - just get rid of welfare

republican friend - yeah, good luck getting that done

me - GRRRRRRRR..... FUCK IT!!!!!

Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

Bill Brasky

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2010, 06:29:05 PM »

A couple hours ago I was helped out by a fellow I assume is here "illegally". Car fizzled out today and we coasted into a restaurant parking lot where he was waiting to get started at work. I had the hood open and was checking the battery terminals and he came around to see what's up.

He ended up lending me a wrench and a lemon so I could clean the terminals, then gave me a jump. The jump worked, but the car fizzled out again about a minute up the road. "Wrench" , "Lemon" and "Alex" was all the English he spoke. I think maybe we have a new spot to dine at.

A white fella offered to help push my car outta the center lane on up the road, but none of the 4 passing cops gave me and my kids a glance, not even the one in the unmarked car that chased a speeder down right across from us. Not that they're obligated to do so, but it woulda been neighborly.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  What part of legal immigration dont you understand?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 33 queries.