Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  What is your best Liberty Quote?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: What is your best Liberty Quote?  (Read 7664 times)

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
Re: What is your best Liberty Quote?
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2006, 03:31:40 PM »

Yeah. Alright you primitive screwheads, listen up. See this? This is my boomstick! It's a twelve gauge double barreled Remington, S-Mart's top-of-the-line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids Michigan. Retails for about $109.95. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop Smart. Shop S-mart. Ya got that?! Now I swear, the next one of you primates, even touches me... Ya! (BOOM) (BOOM) --Bruce Campbell as Ash in "Army of Darkness"
I love that movie. 
Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2006, 05:10:41 PM »

"I HEARTILY ACCEPT the motto,—"That government is best which governs least"; and I should like to see it acted up to more rapidly and systematically. Carried out, it finally amounts to this, which also I believe,—"That government is best which governs not at all"; and when men are prepared for it, that will be the kind of government which they will have."  --Henry David Thoreau, Civil Disobedience. 

"There are just two rules of governance in a free society: Mind your own business. Keep your hands to yourself."
--PJ O'Rourke

"The state is the great fictitious entity by which everyone seeks to live at the expense of everyone else."
--Frederic Bastiat

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will."
--Frederic Bastiat

"The statesman who should attempt to direct private people in what manner they ought to employ their capitals, would not only load himself with a most unnecessary attention, but assume an authority which could safely be trusted, not only to no single person, but to no council or senate whatever, and which would nowhere be so dangerous as in the hands of a many who had folly and presumption enough to fancy himself fit to exercise it."
--Adam Smith

Driven

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2006, 09:12:48 PM »

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

battlesysadmin

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2006, 01:09:48 AM »

This could come right after Joy's D.H. quote:

Freedom suppressed and again regained bites with keener fangs than freedom never endangered. – Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 B.C.)

Let's prove this to be true.

Stepchild

• If you won't step up, shut up! Support FTL!!
  • Sure I might die here, but the money is tax free!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2006, 02:50:56 AM »

"Kill Whitey!"
No I am not a soldier. I am a contractor here in Iraq and for those of you that bash us remember we are the "Free Market" workers willing to put our lives on th line here to earn the Tax free $. This allows me to better support the Pro Freedom m

hitman47

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2006, 06:04:45 AM »

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
  --Thomas Jefferson

Flatty

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2006, 08:08:12 AM »

Sadly, Liberty only exists in ones mind..........(Flatty)

Longshot7

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2006, 12:41:28 PM »

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees-Emiliano Zapata Salazar

ladyattis

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2006, 12:54:04 PM »

"Intellectual freedom cannot exist without political freedom; political freedom cannot exist without economic freedom; a free mind and a free market are corollaries." -- Ayn Rand

-- Bridget

lepidoptera

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2006, 02:32:20 PM »

"Intellectual freedom cannot exist without political freedom; political freedom cannot exist without economic freedom; a free mind and a free market are corollaries." -- Ayn Rand

-- Bridget

Although, China seems to be a counter-example...

CDXX

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2006, 02:51:00 PM »

"Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, & county commissioners."  — Edward Abbey

“The masters, whether they be priests or kings or capitalists, when they want to exploit you, the first thing they have to do is demoralize you, & they demoralize you very simply by kicking you in the nuts." - Kenneth Rexroth

"Our problems stem from our acceptance of this filthy,  rotten system." — Dorothy Day

Driven

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2006, 11:25:29 PM »

"He who will not reason, is a bigot; he who cannot is a fool; and he who dares not is a slave." -- William Drummond

pc

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2006, 06:58:20 PM »

"A little rebellion now and then is a good thing." -- Thomas Jefferson

"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government." -- Thomas Paine

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2006, 07:29:22 PM »

While in Iraq someone wrote some quote from Abraham Lincoln on the platoons bulletin board.  I couldn't let that stand so underneath it I wrote

Sic Semper Tyrannus
--John Wilkes Booth.

It ticked some people off but fuck them.

Driven

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2006, 12:34:58 AM »

These are my favorite quotes to inspire activism.

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the Atmosphere". -- Thomas Jefferson

"Still, if you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed, if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not so costly, you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance for survival. There may be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no chance of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves". --Winston Churchill

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public". ---Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"The question is not whether we will be extremists, but what kind of extremists we will be...The nation and the world are in dire need of creative extremists." --Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

"God grants liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it." -- Daniel Webster (1834)

"Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did, and it never will. Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them; and these will continue till they have resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress." -- Frederick Douglas
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  What is your best Liberty Quote?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 32 queries.