Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  What is a woman's role today?
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is a woman's role today?  (Read 5060 times)

Rillion

• View Profile
Re: What the woman's role today?
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2010, 08:59:24 PM »

You're basically right. Women have redefined themselves so that if they want, they could either work, or stay at home. Men have done no such thing, and most of us, and the womenfolk still hold us to the dehumanizing standards of the fifties where were basically ATM's to our families.

I'll have to inform my friend the stay-at-home dad and his breadwinner wife.  And my boyfriend, who would laugh his ass off if I told him that I'm going to be a full time home-maker and he has to provide for me.  

...and of course, this is the typical situation...NOT!

I'm pretty sure it's not typical for men these days to be ATMs to their families, yes.  They're usually at least co-ATMs.  

LOL!  If I was responding to his comments, it would have been in a response to him.

Umm, I know.  I was referring to my boyfriend laughing at me for demanding that he support me financially.   Stay-at-home dads may not be typical, but I'm pretty sure dual income households are. 
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  What is a woman's role today?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 31 queries.