Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  What happens when you obey a bad law?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What happens when you obey a bad law?  (Read 4770 times)

Jiperly

Re: What happens when you obey a bad law?
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2006, 12:25:58 AM »

Naw, they're assholes.

Its funny- the week this oringially was posted, Ian bitched that week about how cops pulling you over for "good driving" is wasting yours and everyones time and money. How is intentually blocking a major highway any different?

Want to complain about this? Protest in a way so that you don't hold up the 150+ people behind you trying to get somewhere. Its just an asshole move.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2006, 12:39:35 AM »

I generally disagree with the rules themselves.  So, to me, using them correctly to show how stupid they are is an interesting concept.  Imagine if you were in a real good, cash based independant business.  Maybe a real estate broker in private practice.  I'm only sayin it for the money.  Imagine paying your income taxes in pennies.  Its legal currency.  So, if you made a million bucks last year, and have to pay 350,000 in taxes... that would be 35 million pennies, or around thirty five thousand kilos, if a penny weighs a gram.  I would love to see someone do that. 

Jiperly

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2006, 12:54:22 AM »

I'd give them an additional 5 pennies if they chucked them through the front windows of the IRS.......

bushwacker

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2006, 08:36:42 PM »

Bill, I'm pretty sure someone's done this before and they probably don't take it and then will punish you if you don't give them something convenient w/in a certain ammount of time. Personally, I say just do what I do and don't feed those trolls in the first place. So far no one has come for me, so I'd say they are nearly all bark and very little bite.

anarchy

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2006, 06:04:00 AM »

Great video.

Evenstar

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2006, 11:31:52 PM »

I love the idea.  Yeah, sure, it would probably bother me to be stuck behind them if I didn't know why they were doing what they were doing, but it sure seems a good way to protest to me... by obeying the law.

Now, they really ought to have gotten a TON more publicity beforehand, though.. like calling all the local police stations and media and the like.  It would have been interesting to see what excuse was given by police officers for pulling over people for driving at (and actually slightly above in at least one case) the speed limit.  (Or how they chose to respond if they didn't pull over people who were OBVIOUSLY impeding the flow of traffic, but just by driving at the speed limit.)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  What happens when you obey a bad law?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 30 queries.