Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  What are you eating?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you eating?  (Read 68425 times)

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you eating?
« Reply #315 on: February 22, 2009, 08:08:41 PM »

I used white chocolate chips. Good shit.

Heyyyyyyyyy, now there's an idea.  I love white chocolate.  I will definitely try that next time I make them (Which will be next month when the Jizzy comes to visit).   :D
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

BonerJoe

« Reply #316 on: February 22, 2009, 08:10:37 PM »

Someone bake me a batch and mail them to me.

Russell Griswold

« Reply #317 on: February 22, 2009, 08:10:50 PM »

Mmmmm, white chocolate.  :D

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 22, 2009, 08:12:10 PM »

Well if we get together when Jizz is here, then you can have some then.  I'm making a whole bunch of cookies, but these will be one variety. 

Furbuster, how were yours on cook time? 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 22, 2009, 08:24:21 PM »

Batch # 3 just went into the oven. Pretty good. Kids are super happy. I used half white and half semi-sweet chocolate chips, to stick with the black & white thing. A bit too sweet for my tastes, but that's easily fixed by slapping two of them together with crunchy peanut butter.

Thanks for the recipe, Lindsey.

*Ack! Can't get the photo link to load. Will get to it, after I finish reading the next chapter of Battle of the Labyrinth to the kidlets.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 08:53:41 PM by Laetitia »
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 22, 2009, 08:32:20 PM »

Batch # 3 just went into the oven. Pretty good. Kids are super happy. I used half white and half semi-sweet chocolate chips, to stick with the black & white thing. A bit too sweet for my tastes, but that's easily fixed by slapping two of them together with crunchy peanut butter.

Thanks for the recipe, Lindsey.

*Ack! Can't get the photo link to load. Will get to it, after I finish reading the next chapter of Battle of the Labyrinth to the kidlet.

I had used milk chocolate chips in mine.  I will definitely pick up white chocolate chips for the next batch though.  How did the cooking time end up working out for you? 
         -George W. Bush

rabidfurby

« Reply #321 on: February 22, 2009, 08:38:44 PM »

Well if we get together when Jizz is here, then you can have some then.  I'm making a whole bunch of cookies, but these will be one variety. 

Furbuster, how were yours on cook time? 

About 11 minutes. I pulled them out while they were still gooey, so that by the time they cooled, they were crunchy, but still chewy on the inside.

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 22, 2009, 08:56:40 PM »

I had used milk chocolate chips in mine.  I will definitely pick up white chocolate chips for the next batch though.  How did the cooking time end up working out for you? 

12 minutes is just about perfect. The cookies which started as slightly smaller scoops of dough are crunchy/chewy, and the slightly larger ones came out chewy/crunchy. Works great for the preference split around the house.

Oh! Should mention mine were with whole wheat flour. Some cookie recipes don't take that substitution well, but these did.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Keels

• FTL Shriner
  • I like...
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 27, 2009, 09:01:17 AM »

Some fucker in my office just cooked the yummiest smelling shit on the earth. Smells like all my favorite foods wrapped into one smell. I was sooo not going to eat today too... just suck on these cepacols and call it even. Now I feel the urge to go to Einstein's.

:x
I'll take you out for a meal with Mr and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche.

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 27, 2009, 11:31:56 AM »

Someone told me yesterday they will make give me a knuckle sandwich. Anyone ever had one of these? Are they any good? Whats in a knuckle sandwich?
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Andy

• Verbose.
  • Ask me later.
    • View Profile
    • My Blawg
« Reply #325 on: February 27, 2009, 01:56:27 PM »

Someone told me yesterday they will make give me a knuckle sandwich. Anyone ever had one of these? Are they any good? Whats in a knuckle sandwich?

They're pretty good, make sure to ask for ketchup.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 27, 2009, 10:23:32 PM »

I have twelve boxes of girl scout cookies.   :lol:

I bought them to share though.  The 'rents are hounds when it comes to sweets.  A friend's daughter is a girl scout, so I wanted to help out.  And share with people I like.  Hopefully everyone else will eat them before I do.

I'll probably just have popcorn or tomato soup for dinner.  I'm not too hungry. 
         -George W. Bush

CaL DaVe

• No hay igual.
  • Que onda guero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 27, 2009, 10:25:08 PM »

I had one the other day that was not that great. I would skip it if you can.
Pocho

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 28, 2009, 01:12:29 AM »

Fish Tacos from Rubio's. Gooooood stuff!
"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 28, 2009, 11:01:03 AM »

Nothing.

I'm hoping to graduate to ginger ale soon.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  What are you eating?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.