Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  What are you eating?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you eating?  (Read 68440 times)

BonerJoe

Re: What are you eating?
« Reply #300 on: February 19, 2009, 07:53:04 PM »

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 19, 2009, 08:00:54 PM »

Trust me on the M&Ms. When you have the hot popcorn the chocolate melts and is x-tra gooey when you bite into them, in addition, the chocolate won't get all over your hands.

Doesn't the dye in the shell coating get all over the place? I can see it keeping the chocolate from getting everywhere, but it seems like the hot oil would cause the coloring to smudge.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

CaL DaVe

• No hay igual.
  • Que onda guero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 19, 2009, 08:30:26 PM »

Trust me on the M&Ms. When you have the hot popcorn the chocolate melts and is x-tra gooey when you bite into them, in addition, the chocolate won't get all over your hands.

Doesn't the dye in the shell coating get all over the place? I can see it keeping the chocolate from getting everywhere, but it seems like the hot oil would cause the coloring to smudge.

It does. But I think that is easier to deal with than melted chocolate. Lets not forget that the candy shell tastes good too. Give it a shot, you will see what I mean.
Pocho

Russell Griswold

« Reply #303 on: February 19, 2009, 08:49:48 PM »

I poured out a bag of Skittles today, and some M&Ms were in there. Strange...  :shock:

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 19, 2009, 09:39:28 PM »

It does. But I think that is easier to deal with than melted chocolate. Lets not forget that the candy shell tastes good too. Give it a shot, you will see what I mean.

I just wash my hands afterwards.   :lol:
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Russell Griswold

« Reply #305 on: February 20, 2009, 10:45:44 AM »

Tenía dos bagels y una Coca-Cola.

NHArticleTen

« Reply #306 on: February 20, 2009, 11:41:04 AM »

animal crackers

Keels

• FTL Shriner
  • I like...
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 20, 2009, 11:48:58 AM »

Went to Sprouts...

Bought garlic mashed potatoes with roasted turkey breast meal.

It's like Thanksgiving. YUM

Also had...

1 honey crisp apple (best in the whole world)
1 bottle of Mint Yerba Mate tea
1 slice of Jeans Posh Pantry Lemon cooler cake

Damn, that's a pretty big and delicious lunch.  :)
I'll take you out for a meal with Mr and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 21, 2009, 09:04:16 PM »

Black and white chocolate chip cookies.  I'm not eating them at the moment, but I made them earlier this evening. 

Someone posted this recipe in a thread on TotalFark.com, and I thought it was interesting, so I picked up some Oreo cookies at the store the other day and decided to try it out.  I tasted one when I took them all out of the oven, and they're pretty tasty. 

http://heyjude.typepad.com/blog/2008/12/black-and-white-chocolate-chip-cookies.html
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 21, 2009, 10:00:55 PM »

Black and white chocolate chip cookies.  I'm not eating them at the moment, but I made them earlier this evening. 

Someone posted this recipe in a thread on TotalFark.com, and I thought it was interesting, so I picked up some Oreo cookies at the store the other day and decided to try it out.  I tasted one when I took them all out of the oven, and they're pretty tasty. 

http://heyjude.typepad.com/blog/2008/12/black-and-white-chocolate-chip-cookies.html

I'm intrigued. DD would love these. She & I needed to bake cookies for this week's lunches tomorrow anyway - may as well be these.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 22, 2009, 09:23:46 AM »

I'm intrigued. DD would love these. She & I needed to bake cookies for this week's lunches tomorrow anyway - may as well be these.

I put them in for the suggested 13 minutes, and they turned out a bit on the crispy side.  They're a nice combo of both at 10-11 minutes for me.  Your oven will obviously be different, so I would advice doing a test couple of cookies on these.  They were kinda wacky.   :D
         -George W. Bush

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 22, 2009, 12:36:44 PM »

Thanks for the tips on the bake time. My oven is kind of wimpy. I'll try 12 minutes, and adjust up to 15 if needed.
BTW, kids are competing to be the official cookie crusher. I may be able to their dreams of eating large amounts of broken Joe Joes (Trader Joe's Oreos) to get them to finish cleaning out under their beds. If so, will be major win.

And, in the spirit of sharing recipes, here's one I just received via RSS feed that seems perfect for you:
http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/chile-lime-tequila-popcorn-recipe.html
From the description:
Fresh popcorn is tossed with melted butter, lime juice, jalapeno peppers, red pepper flakes, cumin and a splash of tequila.
This is happening around here next Movie Night.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 22, 2009, 01:50:47 PM »

Thanks for the tips on the bake time. My oven is kind of wimpy. I'll try 12 minutes, and adjust up to 15 if needed.
BTW, kids are competing to be the official cookie crusher. I may be able to their dreams of eating large amounts of broken Joe Joes (Trader Joe's Oreos) to get them to finish cleaning out under their beds. If so, will be major win.

And, in the spirit of sharing recipes, here's one I just received via RSS feed that seems perfect for you:
From the description:
Fresh popcorn is tossed with melted butter, lime juice, jalapeno peppers, red pepper flakes, cumin and a splash of tequila.

Oooh, that looks yummy.   :D
         -George W. Bush

Njal

• Anarcho-Rodent
  • Being better than you for 30 years!
    • View Profile
    • High North Alliance
« Reply #313 on: February 22, 2009, 02:55:33 PM »

From the description:

Oooh, that looks yummy.   :D

I love that butterfly...
Don't be that guy.

rabidfurby

« Reply #314 on: February 22, 2009, 07:52:15 PM »

I used white chocolate chips. Good shit.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  What are you eating?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 33 queries.