Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  What are you eating?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you eating?  (Read 68455 times)

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What are you eating?
« Reply #270 on: February 10, 2009, 12:05:28 PM »

I am also popping a couple of Excedrin Migraine, then heading off to chase it with a bison burger.
Or grilled salmon, not sure yet.

Are you serious?   :lol:
Yep. See my addendum to post.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Elitist Bitch

• The 12th Cylon
  • So say we all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 10, 2009, 12:09:17 PM »

I'm hungry, but for some reason I've been feeling quite guilty about eating more than once a day.
Sometimes, you have to roll a hard six.

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 10, 2009, 12:10:20 PM »

I'm hungry, but for some reason I've been feeling quite guilty about eating more than once a day.
Why? Does some evil person murder a kitten or puppy each time you do?
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 10, 2009, 12:10:43 PM »

I'm about to be eating an english muffin.  Probably with peanut butter.  That's what I usually eat for breakfast, but we shall see. 

it's lunch now..
i said so

So it is.  I guess I'll change the plan now.  Since I still haven't gotten up to find anything.  Perhaps I will have some tomato soup instead. 

I am also popping a couple of Excedrin Migraine, then heading off to chase it with a bison burger.
Or grilled salmon, not sure yet.

Are you serious?   :lol:
Yep. See my addendum to post.

Oh lawd.  Must be one of those days. 

Are you fucking cracked?  You weigh like three pounds.  Eat up. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Elitist Bitch

• The 12th Cylon
  • So say we all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 10, 2009, 12:11:26 PM »

I don't think so. I just struggle with eating. Obviously, if you've ever seen a picture of me. I should have some delicious breakfast food with my coffee.
Sometimes, you have to roll a hard six.

Keels

• FTL Shriner
  • I like...
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 10, 2009, 12:15:05 PM »

Yah, I live on Excedrin...I hate taking meds for any reason, but my migraines are debilitating for me. Like I can't even talk. It sucks...so I catch it early.

I’m getting them a lot lately because believe it or not a handful of espresso beans and 2 cups of coffee is actually me trying to "cut-back" on my caffeine consumption.  :( sucks.

We should have an Excedrin migraine club...only hot girls with headaches allowed...
I'll take you out for a meal with Mr and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 10, 2009, 12:17:39 PM »

Yah, I live on Excedrin...I hate taking meds for any reason, but my migraines are debilitating for me. Like I can't even talk. It sucks...so I catch it early.

I’m getting them a lot lately because believe it or not a handful of espresso beans and 2 cups of coffee is actually me trying to "cut-back" on my caffeine consumption.  :( sucks.

We should have an Excedrin migraine club...only hot girls with headaches allowed...

I get the same way.  I don't get them nearly as bad anymore, but when I was a kid they were horrific.  My parents took me to the hospital once when I was like, three for them and the ER staff thought I had a brain tumor or something.  I remember having to get all different kinds of scans and stuff.  Ick.  I fucking hate headaches, and I will fill myself up with pills until it goes away. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 10, 2009, 12:36:28 PM »

Update:  California Pizza Kitchen's BBQ chicken pizza "for one" is in the oven for lunch.   :D
         -George W. Bush

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 10, 2009, 01:40:44 PM »

I don't think so. I just struggle with eating. Obviously, if you've ever seen a picture of me. I should have some delicious breakfast food with my coffee.

This is one issue where I think we can lay a lot of the blame on society. The actual nutrition and fitness we're taught as young girls flies out the window when we're bombarded with images of media "perfection", not to mention the food & body image issues we absorb from our mothers, aunts, sisters from the time we're born. Boys get the message "get active, don't eat so much crap" for health & weight; girls get the "deny yourself" message. It sets so many up for a lifetime of feeling like they're powerless about food, which manifests itself in guilt and being a control freak about food, or into guilt and giving up on trying. It sucks!

Sorry for the rant. I'm the daughter of a woman who has had a lifetime of food & weight issues, and was herself the daughter of a woman with body image issues (good weight, but controlling about food.) I still fight the guilt & bullshit that started as a child, and am trying my utmost to avoid passing those things onto my daughter.

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 10, 2009, 01:44:16 PM »

Update:  California Pizza Kitchen's BBQ chicken pizza "for one" is in the oven for lunch.   :D

Update: went to Ted's Montana Grill - Salad with basil vinaigrette dressing, cedar plank salmon, squash casserole, country style green beans and a big ass oatmeal raisin cookie.

The Excedrin has fully kicked in now, and I would like to take a nap. But - sigh - I have a little league baseball flyer to format.

Keels

• FTL Shriner
  • I like...
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 10, 2009, 01:49:41 PM »

Update: went to Ted's Montana Grill - Salad with basil vinaigrette dressing, cedar plank salmon, squash casserole, country style green beans and a big ass oatmeal raisin cookie.

The Excedrin has fully kicked in now, and I would like to take a nap. But - sigh - I have a little league baseball flyer to format.

Fucking kick-ass mom. I pale in comparison to your mommy skills.

My 3 year old is lucky if I remember to pack a snack for her pre-school lunch. I envy good mommies; I just don't feel like I have it in me. :(

Maybe it was because my mom was shit at being a mom too…I was cooking dinner for me and my little sis when I was 6 due to my mom’s sex/drug addictions.

I think I’m an ok mom, I do my best, but I always see those mom’s who are always creating shit, making smiley faces out of broccoli, going to PTA meetings and cooking healthy breakfast, lunch, and dinners for their kids and it amazes me how they do it.

Kudos to you.  :)
I'll take you out for a meal with Mr and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 10, 2009, 01:51:47 PM »

This is one issue where I think we can lay a lot of the blame on society. The actual nutrition and fitness we're taught as young girls flies out the window when we're bombarded with images of media "perfection", not to mention the food & body image issues we absorb from our mothers, aunts, sisters from the time we're born. Boys get the message "get active, don't eat so much crap" for health & weight; girls get the "deny yourself" message. It sets so many up for a lifetime of feeling like they're powerless about food, which manifests itself in guilt and being a control freak about food, or into guilt and giving up on trying. It sucks!

Sorry for the rant. I'm the daughter of a woman who has had a lifetime of food & weight issues, and was herself the daughter of a woman with body image issues (good weight, but controlling about food.) I still fight the guilt & bullshit that started as a child, and am trying my utmost to avoid passing those things onto my daughter.

This makes me think of my grandmother.  Whenever I stay with her (she lives in Indianapolis), I cannot go in to the kitchen without following me making sure that I'm not eating anything.  It's ridiculous.  Sometimes I just want a glass of water without somebody shoved up my ass while I'm trying to enjoy a vacation.

And my mother is a whole different story.  She's about 5'11 and a size three.  Thin as a board.  Eats like a pig at dinner and shoves her face with desserts with her husband in front of the television, but doesn't really eat during the rest of the day.  Great. 
         -George W. Bush

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 10, 2009, 01:57:08 PM »

Thanks, Keely, but I don't get mommy credit for the flyer. This is for a client. They're doing a fundraiser for the town's little league program. I'm charging, but then donating the $ back to the group (tax deductible - yea!)

I do read to 2nd & 4th grade classes each week, work in the library (now called media center) at the middle school, rotate between class parties for the kids (down to two, now that the big kid's in jr. high), and pack healthy lunches every morning, usually with homemade bread. Can I claim mommy credits for that?

And... you're daughter's three. You've not been at this very long. I was the same way, about 11-12 years ago. It gets easier with practice.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 10, 2009, 02:01:11 PM »

I think I'd like to be Joy's kid.   :lol:
         -George W. Bush

Keels

• FTL Shriner
  • I like...
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 10, 2009, 02:05:33 PM »

Thanks, Keely, but I don't get mommy credit for the flyer. This is for a client. They're doing a fundraiser for the town's little league program. I'm charging, but then donating the $ back to the group (tax deductible - yea!)

I do read to 2nd & 4th grade classes each week, work in the library (now called media center) at the middle school, rotate between class parties for the kids (down to two, now that the big kid's in jr. high), and pack healthy lunches every morning, usually with homemade bread. Can I claim mommy credits for that?

And... you're daughter's three. You've not been at this very long. I was the same way, about 11-12 years ago. It gets easier with practice.

Homemade bread??? Damn, and yes it totally counts, and pls. adopt me. :)

Thanks for the encouragement; luckily she is still too young to know I suck...LOL.

Update: I just ate 4 strawberries and a teriyaki bowl with brown rice. Deriscious.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  What are you eating?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 32 queries.