Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  What are you eating?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 27   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you eating?  (Read 68430 times)

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you eating?
« Reply #240 on: February 09, 2009, 03:07:49 PM »

Whole Foods chicken salad (that I made…and added extra banana peppers) YUM

And my favorite dessert: Kinder surprise egg

Is this something that you pick up from the prepared section and just messed with to make it better?  The only Whole Foods even remotely close to here is like 40 miles away (Sort of close to where I work though).  I've been curious for a while now because I hear various people talk about the place on here and I'm jealous because I don't have one close by.   :lol:

I just had to Google Kinder surprise eggs.  Crazy shit.  Never heard of it before.   :shock:
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Keels

• FTL Shriner
  • I like...
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 09, 2009, 03:15:27 PM »

Is this something that you pick up from the prepared section and just messed with to make it better?  The only Whole Foods even remotely close to here is like 40 miles away (Sort of close to where I work though).  I've been curious for a while now because I hear various people talk about the place on here and I'm jealous because I don't have one close by.   :lol:

I just had to Google Kinder surprise eggs.  Crazy shit.  Never heard of it before.   :shock:

They have a salad bar...they also have a sushi bar (Chef Yamada has become my BFF). You can pile whatever you like, but you pay by weight...so I totally cheat and I put my dressing into a separate cup ;)

I love Whole foods because the food is fantastic and fresh...I'm not really into the "green" movement just for the sake of being green, which alot of people that shop there are. I just don’t like my food to be processed 30 times before I eat it.

and Kinder Surprise are SOOOO hard to find here in the U.S. I luckily have an "in" at the local European store and I gets mine for free. I love the toys, its like Christmas everyday! The chocolate is super good also.
I'll take you out for a meal with Mr and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #242 on: February 09, 2009, 03:21:06 PM »

1 Large Slightly-overcooked vegetable dumpling.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 09, 2009, 03:23:49 PM »

They have a salad bar...they also have a sushi bar (Chef Yamada has become my BFF). You can pile whatever you like, but you pay by weight...so I totally cheat and I put my dressing into a separate cup ;)

I love Whole foods because the food is fantastic and fresh...I'm not really into the "green" movement just for the sake of being green, which alot of people that shop there are. I just don’t like my food to be processed 30 times before I eat it.

and Kinder Surprise are SOOOO hard to find here in the U.S. I luckily have an "in" at the local European store and I gets mine for free. I love the toys, its like Christmas everyday! The chocolate is super good also.

Oh damn.  A salad bar sounds tasty.  We were at a corporate meeting for work last week and one of the other managers had hummus and pita chips from Whole Foods.  I've never had hummus, but it looked pretty good.   :lol:
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 09, 2009, 03:25:25 PM »

Don't do it, Lindsey! Once you shop at Whole Foods, you'll never be happy with regular grocery stores again. Before you know it, you'll be seeking out an actual farmers market, because it is the only way to improve upon the crispy / juicy / flavor / freshness of your favorite fruits & veggies. (That, and because the farmers market has  the super healthy goodies at much, much lower prices.)

Seriously though, go. Keely's right - the prepared food section and salad / olive / sushi bars are quite lovely. I do my own prep, so don't get much from that section, but for just one person, it would be a godsend. Healthier and tastier than fast food, and cheaper than a restaurant.

Speaking of prepared food, my leftover moroccan lamb stew & couscous is on the stove.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Keels

• FTL Shriner
  • I like...
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 09, 2009, 03:27:24 PM »

Oh damn.  A salad bar sounds tasty.  We were at a corporate meeting for work last week and one of the other managers had hummus and pita chips from Whole Foods.  I've never had hummus, but it looked pretty good.   :lol:

EAT HUMMUS NOW!

It's so tasty and it makes you full really fast. Pretty low in calories too, really high in fiber.

I love the roasted red pepper, it’s delicious! 
I'll take you out for a meal with Mr and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 09, 2009, 03:29:12 PM »

Don't do it, Lindsey! Once you shop at Whole Foods, you'll never be happy with regular grocery stores again. Before you know it, you'll be seeking out an actual farmers market, because it is the only way to improve upon the crispy / juicy / flavor / freshness of your favorite fruits & veggies. (That, and because the farmers market has  the super healthy goodies at much, much lower prices.)

Seriously though, go. Keely's right - the prepared food section and salad / olive / sushi bars are quite lovely. I do my own prep, so don't get much from that section, but for just one person, it would be a godsend. Healthier and tastier than fast food, and cheaper than a restaurant.

Speaking of prepared food, my leftover moroccan lamb stew & couscous is on the stove.

Yeah...since I'm one person I'm thinking that it might be a nice thing to try out.  I love salad bars...so much.   :D

EAT HUMMUS NOW!

It's so tasty and it makes you full really fast. Pretty low in calories too, really high in fiber.

I think that's what kind this lady had.  It was sort of dark reddish looking... :lol:
         -George W. Bush

BonerJoe

« Reply #247 on: February 09, 2009, 03:29:59 PM »

Hostess Zingers, chocolate covered pretzels, and smoked cheddar cheese popcorn.

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 09, 2009, 03:30:38 PM »

EAT HUMMUS NOW!

I bought cedars artichoke & spinach hummus yesterday. It is really good, too. The red pepper or roasted garlic would be my favorites, though.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 09, 2009, 03:32:48 PM »

Holy shit.  It's a feast.   :lol:

EAT HUMMUS NOW!

I bought cedars artichoke & spinach hummus yesterday. It is really good, too. The red pepper or roasted garlic would be my favorites, though.

All of that sounds REALLY good. 
         -George W. Bush

Riddler

« Reply #250 on: February 09, 2009, 04:27:33 PM »

sounds like bluto's lunch tray (from animal house)

BonerJoe

« Reply #251 on: February 09, 2009, 04:31:14 PM »

I pig out once a year, might as well make it tasty.

Riddler

« Reply #252 on: February 09, 2009, 04:40:28 PM »

today's the day?
where's the roasted pig?
filet mignon?
bbq ribs?
cheeseburgers?

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 09, 2009, 04:44:10 PM »

today's the day?
where's the roasted pig?
filet mignon?
bbq ribs?
cheeseburgers?

Maybe he does it over the period of a week. 
         -George W. Bush

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 09, 2009, 05:05:14 PM »

today's the day?
where's the roasted pig?
filet mignon?
bbq ribs?
cheeseburgers?

Or the bread pudding, drizzled with rum, then topped with sauteed ginger peaches and fresh whipped cream?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 27   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  What are you eating?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 32 queries.