Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  What are you eating?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you eating?  (Read 68495 times)

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you eating?
« Reply #165 on: January 31, 2009, 11:50:18 PM »

Thanks for the factiod. I'm gonna start writing it like now.

I'm not a grammar nazi.  I just like trivia. 

Where I live, we're all about the Buffalo wings.  We even have contests.  I could take you to at least thirty bars that each have the best friggin wings you've ever had. 

And I gotta say, the nationally recognized Buffalo flavor that you get in bottles is a joke.  I've had it elsewhere when traveling.  Its sorta orange in color, like you get in Hooters.  The good stuff has a slight touch of BBQ sauce flavor, its darker and sweeter.  That orange stuff is nasty. 

Interesting!  I didn't know that you could even get the stuff in bottles.  I guess I don't pay much attention since I only ever can take it once in a while.  I want to try the good stuff!   :shock:
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Bill Brasky

« Reply #166 on: February 01, 2009, 12:23:39 AM »

Thanks for the factiod. I'm gonna start writing it like now.

I'm not a grammar nazi.  I just like trivia. 

Where I live, we're all about the Buffalo wings.  We even have contests.  I could take you to at least thirty bars that each have the best friggin wings you've ever had. 

And I gotta say, the nationally recognized Buffalo flavor that you get in bottles is a joke.  I've had it elsewhere when traveling.  Its sorta orange in color, like you get in Hooters.  The good stuff has a slight touch of BBQ sauce flavor, its darker and sweeter.  That orange stuff is nasty. 

Interesting!  I didn't know that you could even get the stuff in bottles.  I guess I don't pay much attention since I only ever can take it once in a while.  I want to try the good stuff!   :shock:

Yeah, Hooters sells it in the grocery store.  Little fat jars, like a sawed off beer can, but glass.  Theres a brand called Nance's that is typical Buffalo, not bad.  In fact, the "original" Buffalo sauce, from the Anchor Bar is commonly available, they started the whole thing.  A little bar in Buffalo, and thus it began. 

In the heat of the night, back in 1964, Mrs. Bellissimo developed a sauce that has created a national, make that international, sensation. The Anchor Bar in Buffalo, New York is the undisputed home of the Buffalo Chicken Wing.  Frank & Teressa's Original Anchor Bar Buffalo Wing Sauce is the sauce that has taken the humble chicken wing from local reviews to national acclaim

http://www.buffalowings.com/anchorbar.html

Bill Brasky

« Reply #167 on: February 01, 2009, 12:38:01 AM »

Most businesses try to bring you in with the "we have the best wings" claim. It's such bullshit. If yer fuckin' drunk enough, it will taste good enough.

I never fall for that crap. I just eat it.

Some are better than others.  Its not just the sauce, its how they cook the wings.  The oil has to be 375 degrees, the wings have to be room temp at cooking, they cannot be precooked or re-dipped to heat them up for the customer.  They can't be too small, or too big.  They definitely can't be frozen, ever.  They cannot be cooked in an oven, ever.  Black pepper should not be used to give the sauce a zing, ever. 

Wings are like Scotch.  You could do them a lot of ways, then its just whiskey.   

Bill Brasky

« Reply #168 on: February 01, 2009, 01:42:27 AM »

Most businesses try to bring you in with the "we have the best wings" claim. It's such bullshit. If yer fuckin' drunk enough, it will taste good enough.

I never fall for that crap. I just eat it.

Some are better than others.  Its not just the sauce, its how they cook the wings.  The oil has to be 375 degrees, the wings have to be room temp at cooking, they cannot be precooked or re-dipped to heat them up for the customer.  They can't be too small, or too big.  They definitely can't be frozen, ever.  They cannot be cooked in an oven, ever.  Black pepper should not be used to give the sauce a zing, ever. 

Wings are like Scotch.  You could do them a lot of ways, then its just whiskey.   

The most secret ingredient to "wings" is Led Zeppelin music playing in the background. You know it's true, Brasky. It's totally psychological. Every single time I've been to some god damn place, It's always the same: "Oh ya....we got the best wings in town!" ...and the party always falls for it, as if this time...it's going to be different. But, it's always the same.

The only real way to know if the food is good at some place is to notice how big the line-up is on a Friday night. If people are waiting in line, outside...IN THE FUCKING COLD, then it would prolly be a good idea to check that place out sometime on a Tuesday afternoon.

Actually, the best place I know has no seats.  Its a tiny hole, take out only.  They've been selling pizza, wings, and hoagies (heros, subs, whatever) for about ten years. 

--

edit

--

They survive by delivering.  I've been in a couple places where they delivered, they always treat people cool.   
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 01:47:21 AM by nusquam »

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 03, 2009, 06:48:01 PM »

Ugh, nothing.  Had a corporate meeting today and got stuffed full of junk food.   :x
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #170 on: February 03, 2009, 07:14:52 PM »

Home made almond chicken.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

Andy

• Verbose.
  • Ask me later.
    • View Profile
    • My Blawg
« Reply #171 on: February 04, 2009, 12:15:19 PM »

Chocolate Cake & Potato Crisps.

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 04, 2009, 12:19:34 PM »

Lay's kettle cooked jalapeno chips and Sabra roasted garlic hummus.
Have a perfect red d'anjou pear sitting here too, but that's for after my run.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Dylboz

• What a deal! A few bucks a month makes me an
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Only Anarcho-Capitalism is consistent with the NAP
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 04, 2009, 12:26:48 PM »

If I say "puppies," does that make me a pussy?
Religion is metaphysical statism. I will be ruled by no man on earth, nor by any god in heaven.

Please check out my blog!
Dylboznia

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 04, 2009, 05:27:20 PM »

Home made almond chicken.

That sounds good.  I realize it involves almonds and chicken, but I eat so much chicken that things get bland and I end up refusing to eat since I don't want the same thing all the time.  In other words, I'm curious as to if you'll give up the recipe for that.   :D

Lay's kettle cooked jalapeno chips and Sabra roasted garlic hummus.
Have a perfect red d'anjou pear sitting here too, but that's for after my run.

That sounds good too.  I'd die if I ate jalapeno anything, but something a bit spicy sounds really appetizing.  I've been in these meetings for yesterday and today and it's like, all they have are donuts, cookies, candy, etc.  It's gross. 
         -George W. Bush

dmr235

« Reply #175 on: February 04, 2009, 05:29:02 PM »

Ugh, nothing.  Had a corporate meeting today and got stuffed full of junk food.   :x

Who do you work for?

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 04, 2009, 05:30:17 PM »

Who do you work for?

Sunglass Hut/Luxottica.  Nothing exciting. 
         -George W. Bush

dmr235

« Reply #177 on: February 04, 2009, 05:36:45 PM »

Who do you work for?

Cool

BonerJoe

« Reply #178 on: February 04, 2009, 07:02:05 PM »

Who do you work for?

Cool

Hansen.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #179 on: February 04, 2009, 07:05:14 PM »

Who do you work for?

Cool

Hansen.

Heh. I dunno, though. This guy can capitalize words.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  What are you eating?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 32 queries.