Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  What are you eating?
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you eating?  (Read 68235 times)

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you eating?
« Reply #390 on: October 08, 2010, 11:40:15 PM »

Nothing.  I'm not hungry.  I ate at 8 this morning and haven't been hungry yet.   :shock:

I want some of what yer taking!

Meridia.  It's a prescription appetite suppressant.  Wildly expensive.   :x

They banned it today. Heart attacks.

http://www.businessweek.com/lifestyle/content/healthday/644146.html

Sucks.  I have a prescription for Phentermine now that I haven't filled yet.   People that are fat are also at increased risk of heart attack and stroke.  We're all gonna die from something. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 09, 2010, 04:59:52 PM »

Finished my first 200 mile relay (12 person team-31 hrs) today, so I'm eating anything I damn well please.
(Had 2 granola bars, grilled chicken sandwich and pretzel chips during the 18 hours that had my N Georgia legs)

So far:
Greek yogurt w/honey & granola
Bacon Egg & Cheese Panini and Venti Latte
Bowl of beans & rice (at finish)

Planning something with fish and a couple of margaritas tonight. Then sleep. Kinda punchy.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 09, 2010, 05:27:34 PM »

Sucks.  I have a prescription for Phentermine now that I haven't filled yet.   People that are fat are also at increased risk of heart attack and stroke.  We're all gonna die from something. 

They don't really give any percentages in the article. I don't get it. Weight reduction usually improves heart health - is the drug killing more than half the people taking it?

If doctors are monitoring patient's progress on a new drug, can they not catch any heart issues before they become life threatening? Millions of women take a drug every day which is know to increase risk of stroke, and I don't see anybody clamoring for a ban of all birth control pills. They warn about interactions, possible complications of age, and say "get regular checkups".
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 09, 2010, 07:53:28 PM »

They don't really give any percentages in the article. I don't get it. Weight reduction usually improves heart health - is the drug killing more than half the people taking it?

If doctors are monitoring patient's progress on a new drug, can they not catch any heart issues before they become life threatening? Millions of women take a drug every day which is know to increase risk of stroke, and I don't see anybody clamoring for a ban of all birth control pills. They warn about interactions, possible complications of age, and say "get regular checkups".

When I was on it I had a full panel of blood tests I think every three months, and the doctor would always ask me how I felt, and listen to things going on inside me for any abnormalities.  I didn't really feel any adverse effects from it.  But my thought is as stated previously.  The drug is not meant for people to take it at the highest dose and still go to McDonald's twice a day to try and win Monopoly there.  It's really to help kickstart your metabolism and curb your appetite so that you can see results quicker, and keep a higher level of motivation.  The way it was explained to me, was that it certainly is not meant for long-term therapy.  It's like any other diet aid - to help you learn better behaviors, and eventually you won't need it.  It's usually only prescribed 3 months at a time anyway. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  What are you eating?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 31 queries.