Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  What are you eating?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you eating?  (Read 68236 times)

Elitist Bitch

• The 12th Cylon
  • So say we all.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you eating?
« Reply #330 on: February 28, 2009, 11:20:57 AM »

I'm thinking of snagging some Wendy's on the way to work. McDonald's is still serving breakfast and there's just no reason for that.
Sometimes, you have to roll a hard six.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 28, 2009, 11:40:25 AM »

I'm thinking of snagging some Wendy's on the way to work. McDonald's is still serving breakfast and there's just no reason for that.

Blasphemy!  Breakfast is the only good thing at McDonald's. 

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 28, 2009, 12:34:19 PM »

A small percentage of your McDonald's purchase goes to support gun control legislation.  AND...  McDonald's is nasty, while the breakfast is edible it is still inferior to all competitors.  Unfortunately, Chipotle grill is owned by the same guys, that makes me sad.

Russell Griswold

« Reply #333 on: February 28, 2009, 01:08:10 PM »

A small percentage of your McDonald's purchase goes to support gun control legislation.  AND...  McDonald's is nasty, while the breakfast is edible it is still inferior to all competitors.  Unfortunately, Chipotle grill is owned by the same guys, that makes me sad.
]

Shit. I didn't know that.  :(

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 28, 2009, 01:25:20 PM »

A small percentage of your McDonald's purchase goes to support gun control legislation.

Where did you read this?

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 28, 2009, 01:55:26 PM »

I didn't, my brother who thinks the NRA is completely above reproach in all things told me they were on the blacklist several years ago, he doesn't eat there for that reason, I just checked and couldn't confirm it.  Maybe they're off it now.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 28, 2009, 02:35:53 PM »

I didn't, my brother who thinks the NRA is completely above reproach in all things told me they were on the blacklist several years ago, he doesn't eat there for that reason, I just checked and couldn't confirm it.  Maybe they're off it now.

I eat at McDonald's about once or twice a year anyway, so it's not a huge deal....was just curious. 

Russell Griswold

« Reply #337 on: February 28, 2009, 03:31:33 PM »

I really like Chipotle, so I'd like to know for sure. I'll look into this. If this is true, then it's a bunch of McBullshit.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 03:33:53 PM by Jizzy »

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 01, 2009, 08:41:02 PM »

Tonight was black bean chili and cinn-oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.

I'm currently scouring my past recipes and a couple of cookbooks, working on a plan & shopping list for this week. Will be fixing separate kid and grown up meals most of the week, as I'm swearing off meat. I've been feeling increasingly "icky", and I think the everyone eats the same dinner plan is causing it. I've been eating meat/poultry 4-6 times a week ever since we started it at the first of the year, and I just don't have the general sense of well-being as before.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 04:06:04 PM by Laetitia »
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

MasterShake

• View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 01, 2009, 08:46:06 PM »

My wife.

No, just kidding .

Had steak marinated in garlic, onion, olive oil, basalmic vinegar, which was made into a sauce to put on top of some french fries.  Mmm.  I love to cook.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 01, 2009, 08:54:19 PM »

Nothing, yet.  I'm fucking starving, and I can't think of anything that sounds good to eat.  Plus it's Sunday night, I'm out of groceries, and everything is pretty much closed here.  Motherfuckers.   :lol:
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

MasterShake

• View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 01, 2009, 08:59:49 PM »

Motherfuckers. 

Isn't that the hamburger place that has the topping bar and...

Oh wait.. that's Fuddruckers...

My bad.

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 02, 2009, 04:27:58 PM »

Black Bean Chili (Photo posted last night):

Start with 1-1/2 cup dry black beans, soaked overnight, rinsed, then simmered with a couple cloves of garlic for an hour (no salt!) and rinsed again.
Or, just use 2 cans of black beans (but rinse VERY well, to avoid a lot of the bean aftermath)

1 Large Red Onion, chopped
1 Sweet Onion, chopped
4-8 Garlic Cloves, chopped
2-4 Jalapenos, seeded & chopped
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 Cups Broth (I use homemade vegetable stock, but store chicken/veg/beef is good)
14 oz Can of Diced Tomatoes
1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
Salt & Pepper to taste.

Cook 1/2 the onions in olive oil over medium low heat until tender. *Add the remaining onions and garlic, raise temperature to medium high and cook until veggies begin to brown.
Stir in Jalapenos, chili powder, salt and pepper. After 2-3 minutes, add tomatoes and broth.
If using beans which were soaked & simmered, add now, and simmer for 30 minutes, covered. Remove lid for final 30 minutes, allowing some of the liquid to cook off.
If you're using canned beans, wait until the vegetables have been simmering for 30 minutes before adding, and then just let them simmer for that last 30 minutes.

*I read about staging the vegetables when I was working my way through cajun recipes a while back. I do this with many dishes. (Dirty rice, corn chowder, vegetable curries are examples) You end up with onions/garlic which are sweet from having been started slower, as well as the sharper taste from the batch which browned quickly. It does seem to add depth to the flavor.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 02, 2009, 05:37:11 PM »

I had some elk yesterday...I was in Utah skiing.  It's too bad that state is overrun by crazy, freedom-hating religious extremists.  Otherwise, it's a nice place :)

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 02, 2009, 05:39:49 PM »

I thought the folks in Utah were supposed to be very pro-freedom.
Don't they want everybody to have the freedom to be just like them?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  What are you eating?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 31 queries.