Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  What are you drinking tonight?
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you drinking tonight?  (Read 363529 times)

Riddler

Re: What are you drinking tonight?
« Reply #1770 on: October 31, 2010, 08:06:45 PM »

Aluminum is a lot better than glass at protecting the beer from sunlight.  That's the only big difference I can think of.  I think it just keeps the beer fresher.

aluminum is also stellar for memory retention...  al's-something........
i think.....
or was it pumpkins?

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: October 31, 2010, 08:27:40 PM »

Herded the big group of 6th graders out of my house about 30 mins ago, so am enjoying big glasses of a New Zealand white while enjoying the view of my guillotine and passing out candy.

That was your pumpkin guillotine?

Wow.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #1772 on: October 31, 2010, 08:29:54 PM »

Having a few Red Stripes and hanging out with the gf giving out candy to the beggars. Only had 2 so far. Usually lots more by this time.

Also, the gf thought it would be ok to let her son go running round the neighborhood with a real 29" wood chopping axe as part of his costume. I said "hell, as long as he's careful with it and doesn't go swining it around all willy nilly I dont see a prob" Its really dull anyway. We'll see what happens though.
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: November 01, 2010, 07:31:58 AM »

Herded the big group of 6th graders out of my house about 30 mins ago, so am enjoying big glasses of a New Zealand white while enjoying the view of my guillotine and passing out candy.

That was your pumpkin guillotine?

Wow.

Thanks. I was quite happy with how it turned out. I did have to tie the blade tightly, as the kids wouldn't leave it alone once they realized it "worked"
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Robin

• I may be a bastard, but I'm not a fucking bastard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: September 15, 2011, 03:39:36 PM »

cotton candy vodka shots  :)
But now I'm on a mission to mend. Everything that broke and make it glisten again. Strip down, redesign, construct, and improve. While the rest procrastinate I'll be making my move.

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: September 15, 2011, 03:47:08 PM »

Welcome back Robin!

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Bill Brasky

« Reply #1776 on: September 17, 2011, 02:20:19 AM »

Amstel Light. 

I needed a couple sixers after wrecking-ball'd someone's door. 

Stop at local corner upscale Beautiful People hangout.  Prerequisite 25y/o douchebag is in knotted tie and coat ensemble over yonder.  It's 12:05, and I gave him a perfunctory laugh.  He has two big red gin blossoms on his face, high color.  Chubby blonde kid, core temp is probably about 104 in that coat.  He'll be okay. 

Bar girl (cute):  "Whats up?"

Me (not cute):  "Hey, not much.  Got sixpacks to go?"

Yep.

Like, whatchu got?

Everything...  (she begins the list..)

How about two sixes of Amstel?

Amstel Light, she says. 

"I know, you can't get "Amstel" in America, only "Amstel Light".", I reply.  I'm tall and ugly and hairy, and you can smell the leather of my awesome coat, hear it creak like a battleship.  I have laid the groundwork for her to bring Amstel Light to people who request Amstel, authoratitatively, and then impart the wisdom "They don't sell Amstel in America."  Knowledge is power.  I have empowered her, and for that she is grateful.  Outwardly she shows no sign.  I sense Aztec blood, they are a stoic people.  She will make a fine Lieutenant in the Uprising.

That, then?

Yeah, two.

She goes away for a while, comes back..  "Twenty-One" she exclaims over the din.  I look haggard, my coat is older than her.  I know she's not asking me for ID.

That means, these sixes are 10.50 each.  I wince. 

You got white Sambvvka, cold?

Yep. 

Lets have one..

She brings it, I knock it down.  I give two twenties, tell her keep a five.  She smiles, says thanks.

Brings change, I stuff it away.  "That guy looks ridiculous," I say, indicating the jacketed heat-stroke victim.  She smiles, says yep.

Off I go.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #1777 on: September 18, 2011, 04:07:42 AM »

Double Dewars, rocks.  She wasn't shy about it, so I had four or five of those.

Then I had two Sam Octoberfests, and switched to Lager thereafter.

Andy

• Verbose.
  • Ask me later.
    • View Profile
    • My Blawg
« Reply #1778 on: September 18, 2011, 06:52:11 AM »

She goes away for a while, comes back..  "Twenty-One" she exclaims over the din.  I look haggard, my coat is older than her.  I know she's not asking me for ID.

Huh? Why are you wincing?

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: September 18, 2011, 11:05:44 AM »

Amstel Light. 

I needed a couple sixers after wrecking-ball'd someone's door. 

Stop at local corner upscale Beautiful People hangout.  Prerequisite 25y/o douchebag is in knotted tie and coat ensemble over yonder.  It's 12:05, and I gave him a perfunctory laugh.  He has two big red gin blossoms on his face, high color.  Chubby blonde kid, core temp is probably about 104 in that coat.  He'll be okay. 

Bar girl (cute):  "Whats up?"

Me (not cute):  "Hey, not much.  Got sixpacks to go?"

Yep.

Like, whatchu got?

Everything...  (she begins the list..)

How about two sixes of Amstel?

Amstel Light, she says. 

"I know, you can't get "Amstel" in America, only "Amstel Light".", I reply.  I'm tall and ugly and hairy, and you can smell the leather of my awesome coat, hear it creak like a battleship.  I have laid the groundwork for her to bring Amstel Light to people who request Amstel, authoratitatively, and then impart the wisdom "They don't sell Amstel in America."  Knowledge is power.  I have empowered her, and for that she is grateful.  Outwardly she shows no sign.  I sense Aztec blood, they are a stoic people.  She will make a fine Lieutenant in the Uprising.

That, then?

Yeah, two.

You got white Sambvvka, cold?

Yep. 

Lets have one..

She brings it, I knock it down.  I give two twenties, tell her keep a five.  She smiles, says thanks.

Brings change, I stuff it away.  "That guy looks ridiculous," I say, indicating the jacketed heat-stroke victim.  She smiles, says yep.

Off I go.

I have to admire your ability to put sentences together...maybe you sound a little like Fred Reed?....http://www.fredoneverything.net/

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: September 18, 2011, 05:22:02 PM »

Just tipped a shot (or 3) of vodka into my limeade, along with a splash of club soda.

It makes me happy while cooking. Is also excellent painkiller - have bit of metarsalgia* from the last few long runs.

*inflammation in the joints of the forefoot... or as I said this morning "my big toe balls hurt", causing 12 year old boy to choke on his orange juice and laugh his ass off.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: September 18, 2011, 07:20:26 PM »

Modelo- a Mexican beer. They messed up everything in making it. Even the pull tab doesn't work right. It was worth a try tho.

-Dennis Goddard

Robin

• I may be a bastard, but I'm not a fucking bastard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: September 19, 2011, 07:30:46 PM »

Welcome back Robin!
why thank you, it's good to be back!!

Tonight I am drinking some Löwenbräu pils!
But now I'm on a mission to mend. Everything that broke and make it glisten again. Strip down, redesign, construct, and improve. While the rest procrastinate I'll be making my move.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #1783 on: September 20, 2011, 12:14:52 AM »

Huh? Why are you wincing?

Because a sixpack should not be ten-fifty.  Ever. 

Local bars should keep 12's for about 14bucks.  Doesn't really matter what it is.  Pabst, even.  Its the unspoken rule here on the Dirty Boulevard.

tranced

• View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: September 20, 2011, 01:12:42 AM »

Because a sixpack should not be ten-fifty.  Ever. 

Local bars should keep 12's for about 14bucks.  Doesn't really matter what it is.  Pabst, even.  Its the unspoken rule here on the Dirty Boulevard.

I'm driving about 30 mins this weekend up to frankenmuth, mi to snag up possibly one of the last 6 packs of dogfish head 120min ipa in this area.  I consider it a steal at $48/6pack.  I'd expect it to sell for around $11/bottle if you can find it before the next release in November.  Of course I need to restock my triple hops and ipas as I've focused on my wheats trying to find brews the wife likes for the past 6 months.
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  What are you drinking tonight?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 32 queries.