Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  What are you drinking tonight?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 121   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you drinking tonight?  (Read 365417 times)

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What are you drinking tonight?
« Reply #270 on: September 30, 2008, 04:07:00 PM »

I've wanted to try that for a while.  I like things involving pumpkin. 

Me too. I'm going with a Breakfast for Dinner theme tonight. This should go well with that.
Reminds me... need to add more cinnamon, and maybe a touch more brown sugar to the apples on the back burner.

joy, dear, are you cooking & drinking again?

Cooking, yes. The drinking will have to wait until after I pick the midgets up from school. I can't train my daughter up properly if I don't let her see me the cooking while drinking... in heels, with freshly starched apron tied over my skirt, of course.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Riddler

« Reply #271 on: September 30, 2008, 04:09:34 PM »

that's a great look...
like the broad lady in your avatar...
nice

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 30, 2008, 04:12:29 PM »

I heading down to Murphy's Taproom for Taproom Tuesday with a couple other freestaters later and I'll have something on tap.  Any suggestions?
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 30, 2008, 04:12:39 PM »

that's a great look...
like the broad lady in your avatar...
nice

There's a reason I picked her, you know. Off to play taxi driver... then Donna Reed.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 30, 2008, 04:16:46 PM »

Lets see it is a Tuesday.  Tuesday's are for tequila.  A nice margarita sounds just about right.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 30, 2008, 06:09:26 PM »

Me too. I'm going with a Breakfast for Dinner theme tonight. This should go well with that.
Reminds me... need to add more cinnamon, and maybe a touch more brown sugar to the apples on the back burner.

So what exactly IS for dinner?  Because apples + cinnamon sounds yummy.  Also, let me know how the beer is. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 30, 2008, 06:26:06 PM »

Also, I found some of their stuff on a website, since there are no distributors close to me.  The raspberry beer they call Fort sounds pretty good.  I may have to acquire some of that, and the punkin ale to try. 

Here's the website, if anybody is interested.  Just scroll down to the letter D. 

http://www.liquidsolutions.biz/home/SearchABook.asp
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 30, 2008, 07:30:42 PM »

So what exactly IS for dinner?  Because apples + cinnamon sounds yummy.  Also, let me know how the beer is. 

Cheese omelette & biscuits all around
Steamed asparagus & hollandaise sauce, grownups
Cinnamon apples and brown sugar/maple breakfast sausages, kidlets & anyone who wanted to add meat to meal.
Should have stuck with my original plan of applewood bacon.
(Cinn. apples for grownups too, but not until later)

The Punkin Ale was okay. Not great. Kind of plain ale, with hint of sweetness and spice in the taste. (Appropriate place to use term "meh", I think.)

I like Blue Moon's Harvest Moon Pumpkin Ale much better. You can smell the spices while you drink it, and it's quite a pleasant thing. It would have been perfect with cheese omelette and bacon - or the sausage I ended up using.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 07:32:28 PM by joy »

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 30, 2008, 07:44:03 PM »

Cheese omelette & biscuits all around
Steamed asparagus & hollandaise sauce, grownups
Cinnamon apples and brown sugar/maple breakfast sausages, kidlets & anyone who wanted to add meat to meal.
Should have stuck with my original plan of applewood bacon.
(Cinn. apples for grownups too, but not until later)

The Punkin Ale was okay. Not great. Kind of plain ale, with hint of sweetness and spice in the taste. (Appropriate place to use term "meh", I think.)

I like Blue Moon's Harvest Moon Pumpkin Ale much better. You can smell the spices while you drink it, and it's quite a pleasant thing. It would have been perfect with cheese omelette and bacon - or the sausage I ended up using.

Apples sound tasty right about now.  Where can you find the Harvest Moon stuff? 
         -George W. Bush

BonerJoe

« Reply #279 on: September 30, 2008, 07:46:09 PM »

I'm drinking babies.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 30, 2008, 07:46:43 PM »

-George W. Bush

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 30, 2008, 07:52:31 PM »

If you find a place selling Blue Moon products, the Harvest Moon should be out any day now, if it's not already. Is usually an October/November thing around here.

My favorite time to drink it these last few years has been while doing the hours long cleanup after Thanksgiving dinner. I like it anytime, but that is my favorite.

And this year, since I'm not cooking... I'll be drinking it all damn day. Might even stash one in a cooler with my snacks, to chug before my support crew drives me home from my race.

BonerJoe

« Reply #282 on: September 30, 2008, 07:54:14 PM »

If you find a place selling Blue Moon products, the Harvest Moon should be out any day now, if it's not already. Is usually an October/November thing around here.

It's in pretty much any grocery store that carry's the Coors line. Blue/Harvest Moon are Coors products.

Larger liquor stores will have at least a couple more "spiced" ales this time of year.

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 30, 2008, 08:00:41 PM »

It's in pretty much any grocery store that carry's the Coors line. Blue/Harvest Moon are Coors products.

Larger liquor stores will have at least a couple more "spiced" ales this time of year.

Damn. I did not need to know that's a coors product. I like it. I don't want to have that info stuck in my head while drinking.

There are a couple of the spiced winter ales I've tried and liked, but I think I remember noticing those closer to christmas. I can't remember the names, but I will be on the lookout for the labels late next month.

One winter brew I'm looking forward to is Samuel Smith's. It's not spiced, but it is quite warming after a long day outside in the cold. (And by long day in the cold, I meant the walk from my truck into the pub.)

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 30, 2008, 08:04:12 PM »

I'll check ABC next week or so and see what I can find.  Thanks for the info.   :D
         -George W. Bush
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 121   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  What are you drinking tonight?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.