Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Were you hit in the head as a kid?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Were you hit in the head as a kid?  (Read 6311 times)

CaL DaVe

• No hay igual.
  • Que onda guero?
    • View Profile
Were you hit in the head as a kid?
« on: October 20, 2009, 08:31:30 PM »

I was quite a few times. I've been hit by the following.

bat
air born brick (stitches required)
knuckle sandwich
swing set (stitches required)
baseball
kung-fu foot

Post what you have been hit with, or not. But be prepared, you may be asked to tell the story.
Pocho

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
Re: Were you hit in the head as a kid?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 08:41:22 PM »

Yes.  Quite a bit during sports games with basketballs, soccer balls, even a football a few times.

Also I was beaten as a child. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Bill Brasky

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 08:54:10 PM »

Windshields, mostly. 

BonerJoe

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 09:07:19 PM »

I hit a fucker with a golf club by accident once. Even though he was a shithead and I should have done it on purpose.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 09:20:00 PM »

Imagine someone with a professional swing, like Tiger, nailing a dude right in the melon.  Probly take a big hunk out of it. 

blackie

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 09:33:33 PM »

I hit my head on pavement a couple times.

Once while playing the fainting game. Motherfuckers just let me drop when I blacked out.

The other time I was stacking milk crates and climbing them to try to get on the roof of a store.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 09:53:00 PM by blackie »

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 09:38:25 PM »

My head has made the impact way more often than receiving it :)

Rocks
Pavement
Half Pipe (that was the worst probably)
Windsheild
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2009, 09:59:32 PM »

I have been hit in the head multiple times by the ground, AKA falling. As a kid, we used to play tackle football on the cement courtyard around the house, and I also had a few concussions from that.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2009, 10:20:40 PM »

In Soviet Russia, the head hits you!

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2009, 10:25:02 PM »

I got hit hard by a wall once. I was chasing my kid brother, and when he jumped out of the way just before I tackled him, I smashed into the wall really hard. All day long, my neck hurt, and by the afternoon I noticed from my shadow on the ground that my head was cocked at a right angle to my body. For years, my jaw clicked from that impact.

I once had a girlfriend who got hit in the head by a flying block of ice at a football game. It knocked her out, and afterwords she suffered periodic fainting spells. She'd be fine, and then just fold up and collapse to the ground. I had to carry smelling salts to revive her, which she hated. She would be really weak afterwords for a few minutes, and sometimes I had to carry her. Once, I had to carry her five blocks to the car after a movie. People thought she was drunk!

Another time, while parked on Molholland Drive admiring the lights of LA, she passed out a hundred feet from the car. I picked her up and started walking back. A squad car pulled up, and the cops jumped out. "Put the girl down and get down on the ground right now!" I guess it looked just a tad suspicious.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

davann

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2009, 11:12:07 PM »

Imagine someone with a professional swing, like Tiger, nailing a dude right in the melon.  Probly take a big hunk out of it.  

I believe that would be called a divet and it is golf etiquette to replace one's divets by putting it back and firmly pressing on it with ones foot.

continued

I was hit in the head with baseball bat by my brother on purpose. We used to fight allot. Come to think about it I was hit in the head by many different types of sports equipment. Tennis racket, golf club and even a horse shoe. We were also very active in sports.

My uncle used to get beat in the head by his father as child. Years later at age 35 or so he suddenly collapsed after bowling and was in a comma for 6 months. Turns out one of those strikes year prior had done some damage. He has never been the same. Complete personality change. Now he talks about wanting to die all the time. The comma along with a portion of his gray matter removed to reduce swelling left him in bad shape. I don't blame him for that type of talk.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 11:55:55 AM by davann »

Bill Brasky

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2009, 11:45:07 PM »

Imagine someone with a professional swing, like Tiger, nailing a dude right in the melon.  Probly take a big hunk out of it. 

I believe that would be called a divet and it is golf etiquette to replace one's divets by putting it back and firmly pressing on it with ones foot.

Haha. 

I can't look at a ball washer without thinking impure thoughts. 

CaL DaVe

• No hay igual.
  • Que onda guero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2009, 11:57:32 PM »

I hit a fucker with a golf club by accident once. Even though he was a shithead and I should have done it on purpose.

I saw a dude get hit in the temple with a field hockey stick swung at full force durring a high school PE class. Guy was out cold, and bled like a mother chicken. He came to about 30 seconds after.
Pocho

CaL DaVe

• No hay igual.
  • Que onda guero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2009, 11:58:50 PM »

Windshields, mostly. 

You have a job as a crash test dummy or something? Why so many?
Pocho

CaL DaVe

• No hay igual.
  • Que onda guero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2009, 12:07:22 AM »

My brick story: I was about 6 and we were playing monsters in the backyard. My sisters were hiding from my 13 year old cousin and I in a playhouse my dad had built us. They shored up the door with loose bricks to keep us out. While breaking into the playhouse, my cousin grabbed the brick with two hands, spun in circles to gain momentum, and released....

I remember waking up in my dad's pickup truck on the way to the hospital with towels on my forehead.

I still have a scar on my forehead just above my right brow. Makes me look tough.  :x
Pocho
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Were you hit in the head as a kid?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.