Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Ways to Celebrate Independence Day
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Ways to Celebrate Independence Day  (Read 8592 times)

Hideaki769

Re: Ways to Celebrate Independence Day
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2009, 08:21:26 PM »

Yea cuz thats gonna get secession going for sure. Great plan kalmia. You may just save our freedoms yet.

JWI

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2009, 08:23:53 PM »

What an unpatriotic bunch!

July 4th is a time to celebrate all that government has given us.  Without people winning popularity contests and using our money for their own goals we simply wouldn't have things.  In fact without government we still be living in caves beating on a rock with a stick!  I hope on July 4th you all reflect on the great things only government can do and what you can do to sacrifice more of your life to help the popularity contest winners.

kalmia

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2009, 08:34:17 PM »

Yea cuz thats gonna get secession going for sure. Great plan kalmia. You may just save our freedoms yet.

It will take a lot to get it going.  People have to think about it for a long time (years?) before they actually consider doing it.

Hideaki769

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2009, 08:38:25 PM »

One word now probably wouldnt stay in the back of their mind for years. People would rather sit on there ass drinking a beer watch some tv and live within there comfort zone. If things get so bad to the point where they are forced out of that zone then maybe they would actually consider otherwise they'll soon as forget what you said the next day, week, or month depending on the person and whether or not they consider you insane and how "patriotic" they see themselves.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 08:40:13 PM by Hideaki »

blackie

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2009, 09:30:16 PM »

Bill Brasky

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2009, 09:53:48 PM »

Sharpen your knives.

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2009, 10:15:37 PM »

Will go for a quiet run near home, listening to either FTL or Liberty Conspiracy podcasts, while being very glad I didn't send in the Peachtree Road Race application.

BBQ and swimming with the family... and by swimming I mean sitting on the side of the pool reading the last two chapters of A Nation of Sheep and drinking icy cold beverage. (probably Fat Tire Mothership Wit)

We'll probably head off to see the fireworks in one of the smaller towns, and avoid the traffic mess near the big Atlanta displays.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2009, 10:18:20 PM »

July 4th is a time to celebrate all that government has given us.  Without people winning popularity contests and using our money for their own goals we simply wouldn't have things.  In fact without government we still be living in caves beating on a rock with a stick!  I hope on July 4th you all reflect on the great things only government can do and what you can do to sacrifice more of your life to help the popularity contest winners.

This is by far the best satirical posts I have seen in a very long time. :lol:

Hideaki769

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2009, 10:23:43 PM »

This is by far the best satirical posts I have seen in a very long time. :lol:

I like witty satire but that wasnt and just kinda bland imo. Then again i'm not one for satire myself.

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2009, 10:36:05 PM »

Ironically, one must go to our local Indian reservation to do any traditional celebration with fireworks.

I recall a cartoon in Reason Magazine years ago. One guy asked another, "How are you going to celebrate the Birth of Freedom this Forth?"

"I don't know," replies his friend. "I haven't gotten my orders yet."
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2009, 10:45:20 PM »

Mail your local politician a list of grievances.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

kalmia

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2009, 11:09:55 PM »

One word now probably wouldnt stay in the back of their mind for years. People would rather sit on there ass drinking a beer watch some tv and live within there comfort zone. If things get so bad to the point where they are forced out of that zone then maybe they would actually consider otherwise they'll soon as forget what you said the next day, week, or month depending on the person and whether or not they consider you insane and how "patriotic" they see themselves.

We have to keep talking about it.

Happy Secession Day

Secession Day

blackie

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2009, 11:08:53 AM »

My 5yo want to make the classic round bombs.

I'm thinking paper mache over a balloon, home made black powder, and cannon fuse.

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2009, 11:24:44 AM »

I'm thinking paper mache over a balloon, home made black powder, and cannon fuse.

It's very dangerous to make your own black powder.  VERY dangerous.  You'd need to do a lot of research before you even attempt to start that project.

If you do decide to use BP to make a bomb, use very little.  BP is very explosive.  I'm talking 2 grains maximum.  You do not want to blow your hands/arms off.  BP is VERY DANGEROUS.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

kalmia

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2009, 12:26:33 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Ways to Celebrate Independence Day

// ]]>

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 33 queries.