Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Video: Ian Arrested
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Video: Ian Arrested  (Read 18771 times)

ForumTroll

Re: Video: Ian Arrested
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2010, 10:20:09 AM »

What's this about meat - is it in reference to my vegan agorist diet?

This:

http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=21188.msg246896#msg246896

I do not eat sentient beings with central nervous systems. I believe that doing so is a violation of the NAP. And yet I manage not to be an in-your-face asshole about my extreme vegetarian beliefs....

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2010, 10:22:53 AM »

I don't give a rat's ass how famous anyone is in Keene.  In fact, given Ian's comments about how he thinks the sensationalism (of what may be the wrong kind, in many of the recent situations) is "for the show" and how it plays into his latest behavior, I've been considering pulling my AMP.   Since he's "the state's bitch" now, there's a chance it may take a different form, but there is at least one other in the position of "goading," instead of just "living free."  

I used to unreservedly recommend FreeTalkLive to the uninitiated.  I have recently hesitated, because FreeTalkLive is now definitely out for recommending to some of the people I talk to.  The whole reason for amping was to spread the message I thought helped.  Since it's been Free Keene Live to a large extent (something I've pointed out repeatedly, and dropped my AMP once before) and Keene has gotten as ugly as impressive, changes seem to be on the horizon.

What's this about meat - is it in reference to my vegan agorist diet?

This:

I do not eat sentient beings with central nervous systems. I believe that doing so is a violation of the NAP. And yet I manage not to be an in-your-face asshole about my extreme vegetarian beliefs....

Oh shi--

I'm not sure what beings that refers to, but if they don't have the capability to contract, I'm not caring.

Added:
"sure"
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 12:52:58 PM by What's the frequency, Kenneth? »

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2010, 12:21:52 PM »

I'll eat anything that has a face and 2 eyes, cept people of course.
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

Alex Libman

« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2010, 01:33:02 PM »

Hmm, I get "The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you."

Looks like he doesn't eat meat for all the wrong reasons.  The rational reasons not to eat meat are grounded in nutrition and economics.  It would be kinda hard to keep a pig farm in space!  In the future everyone will be a vegan, but people will torture animals for fun and to prove that they're vegan for rational reasons, which obviously have nothing to do with any silly construct like "animal rights".

ForumTroll

« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2010, 01:38:01 PM »

I'm not sure what beings that refers to, but if they don't have the capability to contract, I'm not caring.

By this line of thinking, though...my mind is wandering towards things like cannibalizing mentally handicapped people...

ForumTroll

« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2010, 01:38:51 PM »

Hmm, I get "The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you."

You have to be a FSP participant to get access to that forum section.

Alex Libman

« Reply #81 on: August 11, 2010, 01:46:15 PM »

I used to be.  Serves me right for cycling accounts so much.  I can't stand writing in access-restricted forum sections, because I want everything I ever wrote to be archived for all time, but I still want to be able to read them.

Stoker

« Reply #82 on: August 11, 2010, 02:17:27 PM »

In the future everyone will be a vegan

"We" (the vast majority of humanity) will probably all be eating little non-descript crackers made out of genetically engineered Goo and Frankengrains at some point if things keep going in their present direction. They might even have special high protein ones colored Green. They could call them Soylent Green...

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 11, 2010, 07:46:07 PM »

By this line of thinking, though...my mind is wandering towards things like cannibalizing mentally handicapped people...

...as a species...

ForumTroll

« Reply #84 on: August 11, 2010, 08:04:27 PM »

...as a species...

<Alex Libman>BUT WHAT IF SCIENTIFIC ADVANCES GIVE ANIMALS BRAINS AS FUNCTIONAL AS HUMANS!?<Alex Libman>

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 11, 2010, 09:22:59 PM »

...as a species...

<Alex Libman>BUT WHAT IF SCIENTIFIC ADVANCES GIVE ANIMALS BRAINS AS FUNCTIONAL AS HUMANS!?<Alex Libman>

We'll deal with that when it happens (as if.)

Alex Libman

« Reply #86 on: August 11, 2010, 11:04:55 PM »

(1)  You used a second opening tag instead of a closing tag.

(2)  I'd never say something like that, and I've addressed that argument on some of the countless threads where I've argued against "animal rights" (ex).

(3)  Eating animal flesh is very inefficient.  In the modern world, it cuts your agricultural productivity down to about 20% of what it could have been.  In space, where animals will also need to be provided oxygen and other life support considerations, the productivity would drop below 1%.  Plus there are considerations of nutrition (i.e. diseases of affluence), risk of pandemics (ex. swine flu), food security, and so on.  Irrational habits are best dealt with ASAP.

(4)  Wasn't this thread originally about Keeneiac heroism?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 11:07:21 PM by Alex Libman »

Terror Australis

• Bitcoin Evangelist
  • FTL AMPlifier
  • People cannot be coerced into freedom.
    • View Profile
    • Bitcoin
« Reply #87 on: August 12, 2010, 06:59:00 AM »

lmao I actually thought the same thing.
User generated content + bitcoin = http://witcoin.com

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #88 on: August 12, 2010, 09:10:06 PM »

lmao I actually thought the same thing.

yo tambien
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Riddler

« Reply #89 on: August 12, 2010, 09:50:07 PM »

most animals don't dig on the ''NAP'', deenis
lions
tigers
& bears
oh my
niggas use you for food, given the chance, just as mankind was made to use them.
deer, rabbits, sundry small animals? tuff tits = survival-o-the-fittest.
you ''vegans'' have  a good 1...
jus stay the fuck out of my way, when i reach for a porterhouse.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Video: Ian Arrested

// ]]>

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 32 queries.