Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  US Nuclear Arsenal
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: US Nuclear Arsenal  (Read 3061 times)

FreddyFreeman

• View Profile
US Nuclear Arsenal
« on: July 25, 2012, 01:30:52 AM »

If all the people in the US that call themselves 'the government' all of a sudden said 'ok, you Voluntaryists are right, we were wrong, no more state from this day forward." What would become of the US nuclear arsenal? Who would take control of it and (god forbid) decide when or if it needed to be used?
Also, just to be clear I'm not making a case for the state. I get the whole 'just because you can't imagine how the cotton will be picked' argument. Just wondering if anyone has any creative ideas regarding this?

alaric89

• View Profile
Re: US Nuclear Arsenal
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 08:07:13 AM »

They would probably be sold off in auction to pay down the dept. I think the rockets would be useful to some of those private space programs. The payload is probably useful in some industries. People are already snapping up the sylos to use for living space.
 I wonder, are there any billionair geniuses with wishes of world destruction outside of movies? Most of history's real world destroyers could barely tie their own shoes. In movies there are a lot of bad guys that would evidently bust their ass for decades to create a mass of wealth and resources just to blow it all up over jealousy or some nonsense.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 08:56:25 AM by alaric89 »

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 12:30:06 PM »

Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

jerry

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 04:32:42 PM »

Take them apart and it it as fuel for nuclear powered cars, which we would be driving today if the govt hadn't banned private research in the field since the 1940's.

Ylisium

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 04:37:27 AM »

As unlikely as it is that will ever happen, I guarentee that the military will do something with it. Wether they shoot them all off to the moon, bury them or rais up a cult generations long that guard the big boom sticks from the hording masses, they'll do something.

Seriously, I most of those guys are very civically minded, they're not just going to leave those weapons in place. Once the beureaucrats take off, they'll just shake there heads and try and figure something out.

FreddyFreeman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 02:16:13 AM »

They would probably be sold off in auction to pay down the dept.

If there's no more government then there is no more obligation to pay any debt is there? Certainly no debt I feel obligated to pay, anyway. I do like your idea of auctioning the weapons/material though. The last act of the government should be to cut a check to every person whose money they stole with the proceeds of that auction.

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 01:03:17 PM »

Many long term bonds should be payed off anyway. The governmental assets being sold off to ligitimate buyers from ligitimate sellers would assure that said assets were not misused by thieves or organised crime. I think land holdings should also be sold off. Giving away everything to whoever can steal would be a awful idea. I am pretty sure the government owes more then they have, but anything left over after the liquidation could simply be returned to people who payed into the government.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  US Nuclear Arsenal

// ]]>

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 32 queries.