Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Twilight Zone
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Twilight Zone  (Read 1301 times)

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
Twilight Zone
« on: July 11, 2006, 06:23:03 PM »

You may agree with Vernon Robinson, You may not, but he does have an extremely creative and powerful ad on his side.

http://vernonrobinson.com/twilightzone3.shtml

Vernon Jordan is the Republican Candidate for Representative in North Carolina's 13th District. His ad, above, is truly refreshing and interesting.

Here is a quote from a campaign fund-raising plea:

I am the President of the Carolina Education Opportunity Fund, a nonprofit organization that provides scholarships to private schools for 250 children from low-income homes who would otherwise be sentenced to attend the pre-prison, pre-welfare, training grounds otherwise known as inner-city public schools. After graduating from the Air Force Academy and taking my MBA in Quantitative Methods, I served as an Intelligence Officer and Missile Combat Crew Commander for thirteen years.

Needless to say, I didn't amass any personal wealth when I was a military officer or when I was a college business professor at a public university for ten years or when President George H.W. Bush appointed me to a position in his administration or when I served on the Winston-Salem City Council for eight years. As for my wife, she works as a librarian at the public library. We now have three children, two of whom we adopted.

Simply put, we are people of modest means because I've dedicated my life to public service ever since I was an Eagle Scout.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ralph Neas (People for the American Way) is the political assassin who is credited by liberals and blamed by conservatives for defeating President Reagan's nomination of Robert Bork to the Supreme Court. Now Neas has pledged to do whatever it takes to take me out!

Neas' allies in the liberal media have already begun their vicious attacks. While the Fox News Channel called me "the new face of the Republican Party" and "a rising star," MSNBC host Keith Olbermann told his audience that my ads are so "bigoted" that I am the runner-up in his "the worst person in the world contest."

And Neas' fellow left-wing Democrat politicians have already begun their name-calling and ad hominem insults. While The Wall Street Journal called me "the next black Republican Congressman," the Democrat Party's nominee for Associate Supreme Court Justice called me "a good slave" and "an Uncle Tom."

"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
Re: Twilight Zone
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 06:54:47 PM »

Don't like his positions but that was a good commercial.  Too bad it was for a conservative loony
Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Twilight Zone

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 32 queries.