Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Too many laws...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Too many laws...  (Read 5189 times)

error

• AMP Call-In Line Provider
  • FTL Crew
  • Department of Homeland Stupidity
    • View Profile
    • Department of Homeland Stupidity
Re: Too many laws...
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2006, 11:15:07 AM »

No, but you can convince the judges to come outside for a moment. And I suspect you would need more than one 18-wheeler anyway.

For this sort of demonstration it would come down to either spending a day or two hauling books into the courtroom, or going outside for a few minutes.

Faced with that, I suspect the justices would probably come outside and take a look.

bonerjoe

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2006, 11:29:33 AM »

For this sort of demonstration it would come down to either spending a day or two hauling books into the courtroom, or going outside for a few minutes.

Yes, but this is the whole point.

gavino

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2006, 06:55:33 PM »

Here's a nice one that's still on the books in Massachusetts:

PART IV. CRIMES, PUNISHMENTS AND PROCEEDINGS IN CRIMINAL CASES
TITLE I. CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS
CHAPTER 272. CRIMES AGAINST CHASTITY, MORALITY, DECENCY AND GOOD ORDER
Chapter 272: Section 18. Fornication

Section 18. Whoever commits fornication shall be punished by imprisonment for not more than three months or by a fine of not more than thirty dollars.

----------------

Gee, I'm sure my representatives NEVER EVER fornicated.

If I really want to get myself in trouble, I'd find a young cop not wearing a wedding ring and ask them "Excuse me, are you married? No?  Have you ever had sex? Yes?   I'm sorry, I'm going to have to make a citizen's arrest under Chapter 272, section 18 of the Massachussets general laws...."

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2006, 07:19:08 PM »

Dumb laws are always fun. Here are a few more, from the site http://tjshome.com/dumblaws.php:

In Baltimore, Maryland, it is not legal to take a lion to the movies.

In Oxford, Ohio, it is unlawful for a woman to appear in public while unshaven. This includes legs and face.

In Topeka, Kansas, servers are forbidden to serve wine in teacups.

In the fine state of Nebraska, it is not legal for a tavern owner to serve beer unless a nice kettle of soup is also brewing.

In Riverside, California, kissing on the lips, unless both parties wipe their lips with carbonized rose water, is against the local health ordinance.

In Ocean City New York, It is illegal for men to go topless in the center of town.

An Illinois state law requires that a man's female companion shall call him "master" while out on a date. The law does not apply to married couples.

In Los Angeles, California, it is not legal to bathe two babies at the same time in the same tub.

In Carmel, New York, a man cannot be seen in public while wearing a jacket and pants that do not match.

In the grand city of Ottumwa, Iowa, it is illegal for any man, within the corporate city limits, to wink at any female with whom he is "unacquainted."

In Zion, Illinois, it is illegal for anyone to give cats, dogs, or other domesticated animals a lighted cigar.

The site lists many many more.

"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Too many laws...

// ]]>

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 31 queries.