Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Tonight's dinner selection:
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 63   Go Down

Author Topic: Tonight's dinner selection:  (Read 172948 times)

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Tonight's dinner selection:
« Reply #795 on: March 01, 2010, 05:17:51 PM »

I had the meatballs at Ikea over the weekend. Simple, cheap, but yummy.

They are tasty.

Mine took a lot longer to fix, and cost more than the Ikea serving, but I don't have to sit in rush hour traffic with the whole family for an hour or more each way to get them.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #796 on: March 01, 2010, 07:03:33 PM »

Beef vegetable soup.  Beefy, vegetabley, and soupy.  Home made, by me.  Better than a sharp stick in the eye. 

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: March 01, 2010, 08:11:57 PM »

Steak Quesadillas with sour cream and salsa.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #798 on: March 06, 2010, 12:16:57 PM »

Vegan soups based on green split peas is what I'm all about the past few days, trying the infinite ingredient variations.  Adding other legumes or potatoes is mediocre, carrots are OK, but the ingredient that works best is chopped asparagus added to the thin green goodness along with chopped onions and other spices like 5 minutes before it's done cooking.  Whole-grain pasta added ~8 minutes before it's done cooling works too.

The Green Bastard

• From Parts Unknown
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: March 06, 2010, 07:26:51 PM »

Vegan soups based on green split peas is what I'm all about the past few days, trying the infinite ingredient variations.  Adding other legumes or potatoes is mediocre, carrots are OK, but the ingredient that works best is chopped asparagus added to the thin green goodness along with chopped onions and other spices like 5 minutes before it's done cooking.  Whole-grain pasta added ~8 minutes before it's done cooling works too.

This would be delicious served with grain-fed veal cheeks.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 07:29:26 PM by The Green Bastard »

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #800 on: March 08, 2010, 11:31:46 PM »

In Soviet Russia we ate wieners (what in America would be called a hot dog) not as fast food but as an entrée, usually with a side-dish of green peas:

Man, I could eat two dozen wieners and still want more!  That's how I got fat, and that's one of the reasons why now I'm a vegan.  So now I'm eating green peas mixed with spicy mustard, but no wieners.  Oh, man, how I crave me some wieners!  I'm going wiener crazy here!  I'm thinking about hot juicy wieners like every 1.5 seconds tonight!  Mmmmm  mmmmm.... 
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 11:35:14 PM by Alex Libman »

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: March 09, 2010, 10:01:11 PM »

Roast chicken, roasted vegetables, and instant potatoes. Om nom nom.
ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER

inane

• View Profile
« Reply #802 on: March 10, 2010, 02:45:25 AM »

two stips of cheap chuck, sliced and cooked in a wok with orange bell pepper, baby bok choy, onion, peas,carrots, and rice. good stuff.
Astrology is as vacuous as the space it worships.
-Perry DeAngelis

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: March 10, 2010, 10:00:54 AM »

I think I will be making orange chicken and fried rice.  Frozen from TJ's.  It's gonna be a long day.
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: March 10, 2010, 04:26:40 PM »

Ginger/Basil meatballs (chicken, actually) with fried rice and garlic green beans.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Robin

• I may be a bastard, but I'm not a fucking bastard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: March 13, 2010, 04:43:21 AM »

i have tried ground chicken before to cook spaghetti with and could not get it right.... is there some special secret to cooking ground chicken. i can use turkey just fine but i ALWAYS have a problem with chicken.
But now I'm on a mission to mend. Everything that broke and make it glisten again. Strip down, redesign, construct, and improve. While the rest procrastinate I'll be making my move.

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: March 13, 2010, 08:17:34 AM »

i have tried ground chicken before to cook spaghetti with and could not get it right.... is there some special secret to cooking ground chicken. i can use turkey just fine but i ALWAYS have a problem with chicken.

Dries out too easily. I get around that by using fresh herbs & finely grated veggies - usually onion & carrot - to add extra moisture, along with a little bit of olive oil or melted butter. The milk & breadcrumbs can help too, but I often have only Very Vanilla Silk in the house, so go with the veggies.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: March 13, 2010, 09:06:10 AM »

Dries out too easily. I get around that by using fresh herbs & finely grated veggies - usually onion & carrot - to add extra moisture, along with a little bit of olive oil or melted butter. The milk & breadcrumbs can help too, but I often have only Very Vanilla Silk in the house, so go with the veggies.

Boyfriend's mom makes these meatball-type deals with ground chicken.  There's usually some veggie-looking stuff in there, and I think she fries them in a large skillet...but she likes to add a few drops of water at the end to kind of steam them and keeps the lid on.  It works and they're pretty tasty.
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: March 14, 2010, 06:29:33 PM »

Chicken Parmesan, Roasted Veggies (Eggplant, Zucchini, Red Pepper), and Honey Whole Wheat Challah, straight from the oven.

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: March 20, 2010, 06:52:01 PM »

Chocolate Chip Pie.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 63   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Tonight's dinner selection:

// ]]>

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 32 queries.