Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Tonight's dinner selection:
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 63   Go Down

Author Topic: Tonight's dinner selection:  (Read 173559 times)

Bill Brasky

Re: Tonight's dinner selection:
« Reply #765 on: February 22, 2010, 06:05:47 PM »

Unstable. 

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: February 22, 2010, 06:07:33 PM »

Unstable. 

Far more stable than the margarita & martini glasses on tall stems. The glass base is rather heavy.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #767 on: February 22, 2010, 06:16:41 PM »

It defies my utilitarian sensibilities.  But if you like it, I will acquiesce with my objections on record. 

Carry on.   

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: February 22, 2010, 06:22:08 PM »

Do y'all like country food?

Bean Soup:
-soak your pinto beans overnight, rinse well, remove any pebbles
-some olive oil in a hot pot
-2 ham hocks, saute them
-diced onion, saute them a little less
-lotsa water
-some salt
-some cumin
-add the beans
-cook 2 hours or so

eat with cornbread:
-some corn meal
-some buttermilk
-an egg
-mix it
-pour into buttered iron skillet
-bake it @ 400 for maybe 20 minutes

have on hand:
-sliced tomatoes
-hot sauce
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

davann

« Reply #769 on: February 22, 2010, 07:14:05 PM »

Just made me some bean soup myself on Saturday. It was great yesterday and should be outta this world tonight! Plus, it is overcast and a little chilly out, perfect weather for bean soup.

I use a different recipe and substitute the corn bread with sourdough.

I made a new recipe for Chili. Mostly the norm but I soak the beans with some jalapenos and habaneros overnight. Drain them in the morning and throw half the beans with the peppers in a blender and blend. Add mixture into chili. Spices it up a bit. I usually do not care for beans in chili but the added heat makes up for it.

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: February 22, 2010, 07:54:24 PM »

Hamburgers with lots of lettuce, tomatoes, and onion.
ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: February 22, 2010, 08:28:07 PM »

I love stemless glasses.  Beyond looking cool, they actually fit in the top shelf of my dishwasher with no fuss.  My flutes and taller wine glasses don't fit on the top shelf at all.

As far as dinner goes, I'm working on clearing out the fridge before I go on vacation.  Bagels and cream cheese it is!

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: February 22, 2010, 08:41:26 PM »

Just made me some bean soup myself on Saturday. It was great yesterday and should be outta this world tonight! Plus, it is overcast and a little chilly out, perfect weather for bean soup.

I use a different recipe and substitute the corn bread with sourdough.

I made a new recipe for Chili. Mostly the norm but I soak the beans with some jalapenos and habaneros overnight. Drain them in the morning and throw half the beans with the peppers in a blender and blend. Add mixture into chili. Spices it up a bit. I usually do not care for beans in chili but the added heat makes up for it.

I'll try that. Never thought of soaking the beans with peppers..
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: February 22, 2010, 10:41:47 PM »

MacD's.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

The ghost of a ghost of a ghost

• Owned by Brasky. Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: February 23, 2010, 02:57:19 AM »

Do y'all like country food?

Bean Soup:
-soak your pinto beans overnight, rinse well, remove any pebbles
-some olive oil in a hot pot
-2 ham hocks, saute them
-diced onion, saute them a little less
-lotsa water
-some salt
-some cumin
-add the beans
-cook 2 hours or so

eat with cornbread:
-some corn meal
-some buttermilk
-an egg
-mix it
-pour into buttered iron skillet
-bake it @ 400 for maybe 20 minutes

have on hand:
-sliced tomatoes
-hot sauce

I love a good bean soup, but I use navy beans.  I saute the ham and onions together until they brown in the pot, then de-glaze the bottom of the pot with hot pepper vinegar before adding the beans and water.  add extra homemade hot pepper vinegar when served.

Robin

• I may be a bastard, but I'm not a fucking bastard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: February 23, 2010, 09:19:50 AM »

have to go to laundromat tonight so i think ima eat in the bowling alley snack bar, they have decent salads and good german beer  :D
But now I'm on a mission to mend. Everything that broke and make it glisten again. Strip down, redesign, construct, and improve. While the rest procrastinate I'll be making my move.

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: February 23, 2010, 09:39:22 PM »

In a move that will shock and repulse Orthodox Jews and fundamentalist Muslims everywhere, April made Shells and Cheddar and mixed in hamburger and soy bacon bits in with it.

However, our heroine has a sick and couldn't eat more than a few forkfuls of it without feeling full :(
ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: February 24, 2010, 01:16:35 AM »

In a move that will shock and repulse Orthodox Jews and fundamentalist Muslims everywhere, April made Shells and Cheddar and mixed in hamburger and soy bacon bits in with it.

However, our heroine has a sick and couldn't eat more than a few forkfuls of it without feeling full :(

When I was on Atkins I used to make this casserole that involved (at later stages low carb pasta), cheese sauce (At that time I think Ragu had a LC version readily available, ground beef, and I would put broccoli and mushrooms in it because they are delicious.  And a shitton of cheese on top.  And I'll be damned, the diet works.  But yours sounds pretty good.  Also, get some canned chili (I like Hormel w/out beans) and dump it in to a box of shells and cheese for the most disgusting, artery clogging pile of delicious ever.  I like to do it all homemade every so often, but sometimes canned/boxed actually tastes better.  Don't know why.

Anyway, delicious, garlicky potato pancakes will be happening in my house tomorrow.  And this weekend I intend to conquer the red meat demon. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #778 on: February 24, 2010, 09:17:41 AM »

Yeah, the diet works. But then, they ALL work, at least to the extent that anyone can stay on them. Aye, that's the rub--very few people (around 5%) can actually stay on a diet long enough for it to do them much good.

The best of the lot is the "don't eat so freakin' much" diet. How can you do that? Well, you just look at the suggested serving size and then don't eat more than it says.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: February 24, 2010, 09:22:38 AM »

Yeah, the diet works. But then, they ALL work, at least to the extent that anyone can stay on them. Aye, that's the rub--very few people (around 5%) can actually stay on a diet long enough for it to do them much good.

The best of the lot is the "don't eat so freakin' much" diet. How can you do that? Well, you just look at the suggested serving size and then don't eat more than it says.

That one was especially hard to stay on.  The common sense (portion control) diet does not work for everyone, by the way.  Some people eat sensibly, exercise, and still don't manage to get thin.  A lot of reasons, mostly hormonal.  Which I'm sure you're aware of since I believe your wife is a nurse.  Anyhow, it's probably the best option for most people out there!  :D
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 63   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Tonight's dinner selection:

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 33 queries.