Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Tonight's dinner selection:
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 63   Go Down

Author Topic: Tonight's dinner selection:  (Read 173567 times)

Bill Brasky

Re: Tonight's dinner selection:
« Reply #615 on: August 15, 2009, 03:24:28 PM »

7.1m is ridiculous and completely unnecessary. 

100% true...it's obnoxious & can't have ANY flavor at that point
i had a mishap w/ dave's insanity sauce once.
never had it b4 & put @ teaspoon on the side of the plate....ate most of it w/ my 1st forkful of stuffed peppers....
i was on the floor, in the fetal position,stripped down to my long underwear w/in 5 minutes. the wife had to bring me a glass of milk & a slice of white bread....
i hate annoyingly/unnecessarily hot sauces...
(btw, a buddy took the barely used bottle on an ice-fishing, guy weekend....he said they were eating it on crackers, trying to one-up the next guy....they finished the bottle....how's the rectum doing???)

That'll learn ya.

Yeah, flavor.  There is really none.  Its too diluted by the time you bring it down to a tolerable level, even if you like extreme heat.  Heat is not flavor. 

If you want flavor, you've gotta make the food flavorful in whatever way you want without the stuff, then add the stuff to bring the heat.  You can't rely on the stuff to bring the flavor at all.  I usually use some kind of green bell pepper to bring a recognizable taste to it.  You can usually taste that around the heat.  It kinda ties the theme together. 

Sometimes I'll go old school and use real habaneros and forgo the bottled heat.  But that fucks up the deal for the women-folk and kids.  Its usually better for everyone to make the pot nice, and then corrupt your own bowl from daddy's bottle of pain. 

CaL DaVe

• No hay igual.
  • Que onda guero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: August 15, 2009, 03:54:45 PM »

Home made french bread sandwiches for lunch, not dinner.

Pocho

atomiccat

• FTL AMPlifier
  • Anarchy will Reign when pigs fly... Look a pig!
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: August 15, 2009, 05:29:01 PM »

i'm having this

SWISS STEAK   

2 cuts round steak or sirloin steak
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 cut flour
1 package brown gravy mix
1 package onion soup mix
1/4 to 1/2 cup oil
2 cups water

Cut steak into serving size pieces. Mix salt, pepper and flour in zip lock bag. Add steak pieces and shake to coat. Brown steak in small amount of oil. Scrape pan for drippings. Remove steak pieces and place in 9 x 11 pan.

Add remaining flour to drippings. Add soup mixes and water to make gravy. Pour gravy over steak.

Cover and bake at 250°F degrees for 2 hours.

Serve with potatoes, rice or noodles as desired.

atomiccat

• FTL AMPlifier
  • Anarchy will Reign when pigs fly... Look a pig!
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: August 15, 2009, 05:50:22 PM »

And yesterday I had Mostacholli

MOSTACHOLI CASSEROLE   

1 lb. Italian sausage
1/2 c. chopped onion
1 (16 oz.) can tomatoes
1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
1/3 c. water
1/4 tsp. pepper
8 oz. Mostacholi noodles, cooked and drained
3 c. shredded Mozzarella or cheddar cheese
1 1/2 c. cottage cheese
1 tsp. marjoram leaves or ground marjoram
1/4 c. Parmesan cheese

Brown sausage and add onion. Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, water, and seasonings. Cover and simmer 30 minutes. Combine cottage cheese, Mozzarella/cheddar cheese and marjoram. In 9 x 13 baking dish, layer 1/2 noodles, meat sauce, and then cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.

Riddler

« Reply #619 on: August 15, 2009, 11:39:16 PM »

Yeah, flavor.  There is really none.  Its too diluted by the time you bring it down to a tolerable level, even if you like extreme heat.  Heat is not flavor. 

If you want flavor, you've gotta make the food flavorful in whatever way you want without the stuff, then add the stuff to bring the heat.  You can't rely on the stuff to bring the flavor at all.  I usually use some kind of green bell pepper to bring a recognizable taste to it.  You can usually taste that around the heat.  It kinda ties the theme together. 

Sometimes I'll go old school and use real habaneros and forgo the bottled heat.  But that fucks up the deal for the women-folk and kids.  Its usually better for everyone to make the pot nice, and then corrupt your own bowl from daddy's bottle of pain. 

some of the hot sauces i love, are the ones that have an ok level of heat, mixed w/ mango or some such fruit-shit = hot & sweet (''fifi's nasty little secret'' was a good one, but i don see it no more)

and, spot-on w/ the heat level, when cooking for multitudes...i got yelled at for chili only I would eat....gots ta add your own alarm-levels...
carry on, brother

BonerJoe

« Reply #620 on: August 16, 2009, 12:13:07 AM »

I'm eating left over meat sauce, spiced up with cayanne pepper and hot sauce over elbow macaroni. Shit is cash.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #621 on: August 16, 2009, 12:32:20 AM »

I'm eating left over meat sauce, spiced up with cayanne pepper and hot sauce over elbow macaroni. Shit is cash.

I gave up eating pasta with meat sauce.

Now I eat meat sauce with pasta under it. 

--

Man Law #42:  Make your plate like you got a pair. 

BonerJoe

« Reply #622 on: August 16, 2009, 12:33:21 AM »

I like noodles plain, so pretty much.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #623 on: August 16, 2009, 12:54:14 AM »

I like noodles plain, so pretty much.

I like noodles, they're arite.

But a few years ago, I gave up noodle/sauce conformity.  No longer will I subscribe to the appropriate noodle/sauce ratio.  Because I love sauce.  There, I said it!  Fuck the traditional pasta dinner, with a generous layer of sauce o'er top, and a polite sprinkle of grated cheese.  I will not be bound by those chains, and your ill-conceived notions of what constitutes a proper portion. 

How can it be, I ask you, that chili - in all its splendor and glory - is meat and sauce, with beans mixed in?  And yet the same dish a mere continent away is reversed to pasta with sauce as flavor?  BULLSHIT!!

Treat the pasta as chili treats the beans, and you will see life in a whole new light. 

Riddler

« Reply #624 on: August 16, 2009, 09:36:11 AM »

1 cup of freshly grated parm on my meat sauce w/ a  ''sprinkling'' of noodles.
shit, i'd forgo the feckin' noodles & eat it w/ just a nice big piece of garlic bread...
it's gotta be GOOD bread tho... hearty crust

Bill Brasky

« Reply #625 on: August 17, 2009, 01:00:47 AM »

Best steaks of the summer, on the grill. 

I got three excellent Delmonico cuts, one inch thick.  Hammered 'em a little.  No marinade, but a little steak seasoning shit, sprinkle sprinkle. 

Then, some potatoes sliced into the tinfoil packet, onion pepper salt butter butter oregano parsley butter oil salt onion butter pepper and butter.  Burned 'em, exactly perfect. 

Corn on the cob, obvious.  Its fuckin summer. 

Man, those steaks were amazing.  I hooked up the old white-haired nigga rare, perfect.  Medium-well for everyone else. 

CaL DaVe

• No hay igual.
  • Que onda guero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: August 17, 2009, 11:04:56 PM »

Carne Asada Burritos.
Pocho

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: August 17, 2009, 11:33:23 PM »

Leftover pizza from last night.  Not great, but I haven't felt like cooking. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Bill Brasky

« Reply #628 on: August 18, 2009, 03:53:04 AM »

I made an exquisite meat sauce for pasta tonight, with meatballs.  Its heavy on green peppers blended smooth to give a green gardeny flavor. 

I'm gonna serve it to my peeps tomorrow, with big hunks of Italian bread, a green salad, and broken angel hair pasta. 

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: August 18, 2009, 05:20:54 AM »

Girlfriend made homemade tacos and they were bomb.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 63   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Tonight's dinner selection:

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.