Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Tonight's dinner selection:
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 63   Go Down

Author Topic: Tonight's dinner selection:  (Read 173742 times)

CaL DaVe

• No hay igual.
  • Que onda guero?
    • View Profile
Re: Tonight's dinner selection:
« Reply #600 on: March 17, 2009, 08:30:29 PM »

Chicken Sopita. 
Pocho

Bill Brasky

« Reply #601 on: March 17, 2009, 09:07:44 PM »

Beef in bourbon sauce, mashed taters.  Maybe some rolls, I'll have to check the freezer.  And radishes.  I love radishes. 

Yum! What a great main dish for a side of radishes!

I'm like the Forest Gump of radishes. 

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: March 17, 2009, 10:17:34 PM »

Same thing as last night.  I worked open-close today, and I picked up moar chicken because I'm making chicken parm tomorrow night (with white sauce instead of tomato sauce).  It's marinating in the fridge and I'll put it in the oven right before I get in the shower.  I have leftover potatoes and corn. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: March 18, 2009, 12:26:55 AM »

Okay, so I can't be the only one on the board who did the corned beef, cabbage, potatoes thing tonight, right?

I'm so looking forward to the giant sandwich tomorrow.
"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)

CaL DaVe

• No hay igual.
  • Que onda guero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: March 18, 2009, 05:43:22 PM »

Mediterranean Chicken Pizza
Pocho

Bill Brasky

« Reply #605 on: August 14, 2009, 10:43:34 PM »

Wings.  But not just any wings, no.  Some of the best damn wings ever.  Made by Amish people. 

Fresh, farm raised local chicken.  They roast them in these flat baskets kinda like you'd see for trout over a campfire.  They have these big ovens that stand upright, and the baskets hang in racks next to the flame, not above it (indirect heat, keeps 'em from burning).  They do whole birds, ribs, and a few other things like that.  Amazing goodness.

They were mild, so I brought 'em home and zapped 'em up with some Stubbs mixed with a drop of Da Bomb.  I'm finally starting to learn to use that stuff, after ruining more than a few meals. 

Now I'm in the afterglow, with warm heroin-like waves of tranquility radiating downward through my body, emanating from the remnants of Da Bomb on the palate. 

gibson042

• Non-Aggression Principal since 2006
    • View Profile
    • gibson.mp
"WOOOOOP  WOOOOOP  WOOOOP EH EH EH EH HHHEEEOOOO HEEEOOOOO" —Rillion

Elitist Bitch

• The 12th Cylon
  • So say we all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: August 14, 2009, 11:25:00 PM »

I'm having odds and ends. Cottage cheese with sliced avocado on top, maybe a peach.

I'm making chocolate cupcakes with rainbow chip icing.
Sometimes, you have to roll a hard six.

Rebel

• Womanizer
  • FTL AMPlifier Platinum
  • Detroit's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: August 14, 2009, 11:28:46 PM »

Chinese capped off with crab rangoon.

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #609 on: August 14, 2009, 11:49:55 PM »

My wife made kung pao.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

Riddler

« Reply #610 on: August 15, 2009, 10:07:21 AM »

Wings.  But not just any wings, no.  Some of the best damn wings ever.  Made by Amish people. 

i thought those people only built barns n' shit
also, pray tell what ''da bomb'' is??

Bill Brasky

« Reply #611 on: August 15, 2009, 01:31:46 PM »

i thought those people only built barns n' shit
also, pray tell what ''da bomb'' is??

Theres an indoor farmers market here, it used to be a grocery store or a roller rink, something like that back in the day.  Big, empty.  Now its The Market.  Fuckin place is great.  Its all mom-n-pop booths.  Produce, bakery, meats, candy. 

Anyways, a large portion of the players are Amish.  Some sell the butchered meats, some have baked stuff.  Amish make excellent stuff, they don't give a shit about salt and fat, they cook it to taste good - and they live to be a hundred.  Their chicken is the best, hands down. 

I don't know a whole lot about the Amish groups, but I think some are more hardcore than others.  These still wear the garb, but they obviously use cars and electricity.  They Do raise barns, you can hire them to build a house or garage.  They're extremely hard workers, I knew a guy that hired them to build his house and they hammered from sunrise to sundown, and underbid by a LOT. 

--

This is Da Bomb.  Its not the hottest stuff you can get, but for some reason its hotter than stuff I've had thats twice the Scoville.  Peoples taste change over time, so maybe I'm turning pussy in my old age.  I fucked up a number of times and used too much, in chili and jambalaya.  One pea-sized drop per serving, if that.  Its habanero.  I've had this bottle for a year and barely used a tablespoon out of it. 

Riddler

« Reply #612 on: August 15, 2009, 02:09:29 PM »

--

This is Da Bomb.  Its not the hottest stuff you can get, but for some reason its hotter than stuff I've had thats twice the Scoville.  Peoples taste change over time, so maybe I'm turning pussy in my old age.  I fucked up a number of times and used too much, in chili and jambalaya.  One pea-sized drop per serving, if that.  Its habanero.  I've had this bottle for a year and barely used a tablespoon out of it. 

ahh, i should have checked ''mo hotta'' first
these people have everything
check it:

http://www.mohotta.com/category/Top-20-Hottest-Sauces

and the hottest in the world?
7,100,000 scovilles & a c-note
  The Source Hot Sauce Extract

WORLD'S HOTTEST !!! Holy Hell, this is the one! At 7,100,000 Scoville Units, this additive is the hottest we have ever seen, ever...and we have seen them all. Folks, this is no joke, this one could cost you a hospital visit if you are not careful. Use with extreme caution, this is a food additive only!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill Brasky

« Reply #613 on: August 15, 2009, 02:45:44 PM »

--

ahh, i should have checked ''mo hotta'' first
these people have everything
check it:

http://www.mohotta.com/category/Top-20-Hottest-Sauces

and the hottest in the world?
7,100,000 scovilles & a c-note
  The Source Hot Sauce Extract

7.1m is ridiculous and completely unnecessary.  You'd need to measure that by the atom.  The only way it'd be worthwhile is if you're making 20 gal of chili for a festival. 

I usually buy stuff like this from a stand where I can handle the bottles. 

Riddler

« Reply #614 on: August 15, 2009, 02:56:33 PM »

7.1m is ridiculous and completely unnecessary. 

100% true...it's obnoxious & can't have ANY flavor at that point
i had a mishap w/ dave's insanity sauce once.
never had it b4 & put @ teaspoon on the side of the plate....ate most of it w/ my 1st forkful of stuffed peppers....
i was on the floor, in the fetal position,stripped down to my long underwear w/in 5 minutes. the wife had to bring me a glass of milk & a slice of white bread....
i hate annoyingly/unnecessarily hot sauces...
(btw, a buddy took the barely used bottle on an ice-fishing, guy weekend....he said they were eating it on crackers, trying to one-up the next guy....they finished the bottle....how's the rectum doing???)
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 63   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Tonight's dinner selection:

// ]]>

Page created in 0.527 seconds with 32 queries.