Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Tonight's dinner selection:
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 63   Go Down

Author Topic: Tonight's dinner selection:  (Read 173640 times)

Bill Brasky

Re: Tonight's dinner selection:
« Reply #555 on: March 09, 2009, 09:19:38 PM »

Oh, and this stuff goes in the taco meat.  Which, I feel compelled to add, is HAMBURGER!

Although in the Shaw meat scale, it is Ground Round. 

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: March 09, 2009, 09:22:57 PM »

Salmon with a peppercorn & garlic crust, pan seared.
Served on couscous salad (parsley, mint, cucumber, red onion and yellow bell pepper)

I wished I'd stopped there. The slice of birthday cake was my one thin mint.

I think you're allowed a little treaty-treat once in a while, Joy. 

It was a social piece of store bought cake, and not exactly a treaty-treat. Trust me, I indulge in the treats.
And more than once in a while. I like my ice cream & coffee. And key lime pie. And cheesecake. And berries, covered in fresh whipped heavy cream.
---

How were the tacos?
I have a craving for the spicy goodness. If the wings for tomorrow were not already in the fridge, I'd be shredding chicken breast and dicing tomatillos.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: March 09, 2009, 09:32:53 PM »

Served on couscous salad (parsley, mint, cucumber, red onion and yellow bell pepper)

It was a social piece of store bought cake, and not exactly a treaty-treat. Trust me, I indulge in the treats.
And more than once in a while. I like my ice cream & coffee. And key lime pie. And cheesecake. And berries, covered in fresh whipped heavy cream.
---

How were the tacos?
I have a craving for the spicy goodness. If the wings for tomorrow were not already in the fridge, I'd be shredding chicken breast and dicing tomatillos.

Did you get it from the Publix bakery?  They have delicious treaty-treats for a grocery store, I must say. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Bill Brasky

« Reply #558 on: March 09, 2009, 09:40:19 PM »

---

How were the tacos?

I wasn't implying you're a bean-sprout freak, I know you like the tasty things.  I'm just saying.  I get my hackles up a little when a little-something in moderation causes consternation. 

Myself, I just sorta-quit raw sugar in coffee.  It was bugging me how much I use, multiplied over a year.  I had a 4 lb tub, and used it in about six weeks, in coffee.  Thats about 40 lbs a year.  not including what I use at work, so its probably double that.  Thats an obscene amount of sugar.  Plus, donuts, cake, all that stuff.  Christ.

So, a little piece of cake, you should eat it. 

-

The tacos are on slow, the meat was frozen.  I'll probably eat at midnight.  I'm nocturnal. 

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: March 09, 2009, 09:41:20 PM »

Yeah, a plain yellow cake, with regular icing & a hard chocolate shell.
It was just - wasn't up to the standards of the red velvet or lemon cakes.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: March 09, 2009, 09:46:20 PM »

I ended up having the quesadillas.  It's shark week and I feel very bloated.  I think I'll stick to soup for the next few days.   :x
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

blackie

« Reply #561 on: March 09, 2009, 10:00:12 PM »

I wasn't implying you're a bean-sprout freak
I need to start sprouting.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #562 on: March 09, 2009, 10:13:24 PM »

I wasn't implying you're a bean-sprout freak
I need to start sprouting.

Maybe you should wait 'til morning.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #563 on: March 10, 2009, 12:31:17 AM »

Om nom nom. 

Muy bueno.  Caliente!!

Riddler

« Reply #564 on: March 10, 2009, 11:42:04 AM »

Oh, and this stuff goes in the taco meat.  Which, I feel compelled to add, is HAMBURGER!

Although in the Shaw meat scale, it is Ground Round. 

you're clear.
just don't call them "steak" tacos.
thanks in advance.

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: March 10, 2009, 04:56:55 PM »

Om nom nom. 

Muy bueno.  Caliente!!

Not helping my craving. The mango wings would have helped tonight, with a side of avocado and fresh salsa, but I've received four requests to do the wings in a hot garlic teriyaki, instead.  :x

Maybe I'll just run away to a mexican dive for tacos and a margarita for lunch tomorrow.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #566 on: March 10, 2009, 07:08:28 PM »

Om nom nom. 

Muy bueno.  Caliente!!

Not helping my craving. The mango wings would have helped tonight, with a side of avocado and fresh salsa, but I've received four requests to do the wings in a hot garlic teriyaki, instead.  :x

Maybe I'll just run away to a mexican dive for tacos and a margarita for lunch tomorrow.

Awww. 

I think you need to put your foot down and make tomorrow Mex Night and feed your jones. 

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: March 10, 2009, 07:51:36 PM »

Sea kittens tonight.  My girlfriend's grandpa gave me like 6 different fish steaks that he caught while deep sea fishing.  I'm not sure what they all are but I know some of it is yellowtail, some appears to be salmon and some appear to be albacore.  It's all fresh though and the last one I had was bomb.

I baked it up in a glass brownie pan filled with two fingers of milk, a squeeze of fresh lemon from the tree in my backyard, ginger, salt, and black pepper covered in tin foil.  ~15 minutes @ 425 degrees.  I also put a dash of tapatio sauce on one side of it to experiment and the extra kick it gave was epic win.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: March 10, 2009, 10:11:26 PM »

Sea kittens tonight.  My girlfriend's grandpa gave me like 6 different fish steaks that he caught while deep sea fishing.  I'm not sure what they all are but I know some of it is yellowtail, some appears to be salmon and some appear to be albacore.  It's all fresh though and the last one I had was bomb.

I baked it up in a glass brownie pan filled with two fingers of milk, a squeeze of fresh lemon from the tree in my backyard, ginger, salt, and black pepper covered in tin foil.  ~15 minutes @ 425 degrees.  I also put a dash of tapatio sauce on one side of it to experiment and the extra kick it gave was epic win.

I love sea kittens.  It makes me wonder what non-sea kittens taste like. ;)

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: March 10, 2009, 11:07:03 PM »

I love sea kittens.  It makes me wonder what non-sea kittens taste like. ;)
lol, I'm a big fan of Rainbow Trout.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 63   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Tonight's dinner selection:

// ]]>

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 32 queries.