Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Tonight's dinner selection:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 63   Go Down

Author Topic: Tonight's dinner selection:  (Read 173566 times)

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Tonight's dinner selection:
« Reply #315 on: January 17, 2009, 03:51:50 PM »

Ginger scallion meatballs and a stir fried veggie & noodle thing.

I'm going to skip the meatballs and toss some spinach into my noodles before serving. Not recovered from the general "ick" feeling from my lunch from burger king. Everyone else is fine, so I'm going to have to assume my general distaste for fast food is becoming more pronounced. Next time people want junkfood, I'm lobbying for Jason's Deli.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwww you ate Burger King?  Damn.   :shock:

I know.  :oops: Every six weeks or so, my kids work together to charm me into swing through the drive thru there or Steak & Shake. McDonalds & Chick-fil-a used to be options, as were other burger joints, but they've been dropping off the list. After today, I think we're down to just Steak & Shake.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Jetfire

« Reply #316 on: January 17, 2009, 04:07:45 PM »

Top ramen morning, noon, and night. Woohooo to the bachelor college students life!

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 17, 2009, 04:18:09 PM »

Ginger scallion meatballs and a stir fried veggie & noodle thing.

I'm going to skip the meatballs and toss some spinach into my noodles before serving. Not recovered from the general "ick" feeling from my lunch from burger king. Everyone else is fine, so I'm going to have to assume my general distaste for fast food is becoming more pronounced. Next time people want junkfood, I'm lobbying for Jason's Deli.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwww you ate Burger King?  Damn.   :shock:

I know.  :oops: Every six weeks or so, my kids work together to charm me into swing through the drive thru there or Steak & Shake. McDonalds & Chick-fil-a used to be options, as were other burger joints, but they've been dropping off the list. After today, I think we're down to just Steak & Shake.

I actually like Chick-Fil-A, but I think a lot of that has to do with it being the safest option in the mall food court when I'm absolutely starving.  I eat their chicken soup prolly a few times a month.  McDonald's and Burger King I'm not a huge fan of at all.  I do like Steak & Shake, but I've never been through the drive-thru so I don't know if it gets icky at the drive-thru or not. 

I feel for you though, my tummy rumbled when you mentioned it - and not in the good way.
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 18, 2009, 10:19:49 AM »

Sometimes, having a DVR sucks. After seeing the kids giggling through replays of this snippet, and several performances by the little people in my family (occasionally with the not so little person participating)...

[youtube=425,350]kfOmCwp7PmI[/youtube]

...they've worn me down. I'm off to the farmers market, to pick up some grass fed beef and a few other things. Black Pepper & Honey Steak is what's for dinner.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 18, 2009, 12:03:11 PM »

Black pepper and honey steak?  Mmmm.  Recipe plz.   :D
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 18, 2009, 03:26:47 PM »

Equal parts dry red wine and honey, mixed with cracked peppercorn, a sprinkle of sea salt, and lots of minced garlic.
Steak is going to rest in that at room temp while I prep potatoes, garlic & parsnips for mashing, bake cornbread and snap & steam green beans.
Then, will pat steak dry and brush with olive oil for searing.

I'm going semi-frugal, and using a top sirloin, rather than porterhouse. I love my kids, just not $18.99/lb worth

Q: Should I go corny all-american and throw together an apple pie? I have all the ingredients, and enough time.
(Plus, it'd give me an excuse to skip my run this afternoon.)

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 18, 2009, 03:31:17 PM »

Equal parts dry red wine and honey, mixed with cracked peppercorn, a sprinkle of sea salt, and lots of minced garlic.
Steak is going to rest in that at room temp while I prep potatoes, garlic & parsnips for mashing, bake cornbread and snap & steam green beans.

I'm going semi-frugal, and using a top sirloin, rather than porterhouse. I love my kids, just not $18.99/lb worth

Q: Should I go corny all-american and throw together an apple pie? I have all the ingredients, and enough time.

Haha, I agree.  The kids don't need a porterhouse.   :lol:

And definitely go with the apple pie.  Mmm...pie.   :lol:
         -George W. Bush

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 18, 2009, 04:37:44 PM »

Oh, btw - are you going to grill, pan fry/sear/whatev/ or broil this?  I figure you're not doing outdoor grilling since it's apparently kind of chilly in your area.  But most people have some form of indoor grill now a days. 

I think imma have to try this one soon.  It sounds quite tasty, and pretty simple.  I do love cooking big, fancy meals but I just find myself short on time, and since there's only one of me it makes me depressed.   :lol:

I don't know how you do it, Joy.  You're like superwoman.   :shock:
         -George W. Bush

Riddler

« Reply #323 on: January 18, 2009, 04:43:01 PM »

Oh, btw - are you going to grill, pan fry/sear/whatev/ or broil this?  I figure you're not doing outdoor grilling since it's apparently kind of chilly in your area.  But most people have some form of indoor grill now a days. 

I think imma have to try this one soon.  It sounds quite tasty, and pretty simple.  I do love cooking big, fancy meals but I just find myself short on time, and since there's only one of me it makes me depressed.   :lol:

chilly?
shit, she's in georgia.
we grill out when it's feckin' >>0<<
gotta shovel out the mutha-lovin' grill

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 18, 2009, 04:45:05 PM »

chilly?
shit, she's in georgia.
we grill out when it's feckin' >>0<<
gotta shovel out the mutha-lovin' grill

Well honestly, it wouldn't bother me - but she doesn't seem to be a fan of slightly chilly temperatures.  Nothing wrong with it.  She lives in the South because she doesn't like the tundra.   :lol:
         -George W. Bush

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: January 18, 2009, 05:14:58 PM »

Pan searing. No indoor grill. I have a "thing" about small kitchen appliances. Coffee grinder/maker, blender, hand mixer, toaster - all great.
Microwaves and millions of other gadgets available - no thanks.

Most time for meals is taken up by the cooking time, not my work time. If I have 30 minutes of work in the process, plus cooking time of 30-90 minutes, it's still worth avoiding the expense of going out for five people, especially since we don't do the happy meal thing. If it was just me, the cost in time and effort to cook at home vs. going out would be very different.

I don't know how you do it, Joy.  You're like superwoman.   :shock:
Thanks, but I'm pretty sure I'm just ADD/ADHD.  :P

----
As far as the cold weather thing goes, I like the hot weather, but I'm also quite alright in real winter weather. I'll grumble a bit, but that's just me being generally cranky. The weather I loathe is the damp and dreary 40-ish degree day which is the winter norm here in GA. I'd rather have 20's & 30's with snow than this crap. I'd be quite happy back up in the far north - it's where I lived as a kid.
----
Now, off to mix up cornbread muffins, and see if my pie dough is set for rolling. (Granny smith, honeycrisp and a fuji - that's what I have rattling around the bin. Not going to cook the pink lady apples - they're too awesome as-is.)

Bill Brasky

« Reply #326 on: January 19, 2009, 10:04:53 AM »

I didn't ask if she's a oco-larvo (wat-thefuckever) vegan, I asked if she's veggie.
:?
Is an octo-lavo vegan a vegan that eats milk and eggs?

I figured with the inclusion of "larvo", it meant he was asking if I eat veggies & bugs.  :wink:

With all that exotic cuisine, theres gotta be a few bug dishes in there.  I hope no praying mantis, though.  Those things are cool. 

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #327 on: January 19, 2009, 10:11:07 AM »

With all that exotic cuisine, theres gotta be a few bug dishes in there.  I hope no praying mantis, though.  Those things are cool. 

"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

Bill Brasky

« Reply #328 on: January 19, 2009, 10:22:53 AM »

HahahLOL. 

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 20, 2009, 08:30:24 AM »

Oh God, my mother would shit herself.  I love this.   :lol:
         -George W. Bush
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 63   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Tonight's dinner selection:

// ]]>

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 32 queries.