Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Tonight's dinner selection:
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 63   Go Down

Author Topic: Tonight's dinner selection:  (Read 173697 times)

Rillion

• View Profile
Re: Tonight's dinner selection:
« Reply #270 on: January 02, 2009, 11:57:13 AM »

I had fondue yesterday...white cheddar and Corona.  It was pretty good.

I've always been curious about fondue, but never had the opportunity to try it. 

There's a restaurant in Dallas that is entirely fondue.  You can get a cheese fondue appetizer with vegetables, then a main course of various meats which you cook yourself with batter and oil, and then dessert is strawberries and bananas etc. in chocolate fondue.  Not very good for you, and you smell like fondue for the remainder of the evening, but very tasty.  ;-)

http://www.simplyfondue.com/

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 02, 2009, 11:57:48 AM »

Was going to make shakshuka, but am cutting up leftover adobo chicken with roasted garlic and onions for pizza instead.

Whatzawhoza? 

Middle eastern dish. Spicy, tomatoes, onions and peppers - gets eggs dropped on top to poach, just before serving.
With flatbread straight out of the oven, is serious comfort food. Is rainy today, so is actually much better day for it.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 02, 2009, 11:58:52 AM »

There's a restaurant in Dallas that is entirely fondue.  You can get a cheese fondue appetizer with vegetables, then a main course of various meats which you cook yourself with batter and oil, and then dessert is strawberries and bananas etc. in chocolate fondue.  Not very good for you, and you smell like fondue for the remainder of the evening, but very tasty.  ;-)

Interesting.  I've heard of The Melting Pot before, and I know there's one somewhere in a 100 mile radius here.  I'd be more inclined to get a fondue pot and attempt it myself, knowing me and my love of kitchen gadgetry. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 02, 2009, 11:59:22 AM »

Was going to make shakshuka, but am cutting up leftover adobo chicken with roasted garlic and onions for pizza instead.

Whatzawhoza? 

Middle eastern dish. Spicy, tomatoes, onions and peppers - gets eggs dropped on top to poach, just before serving.
With flatbread straight out of the oven, is serious comfort food. Is rainy today, so is actually much better day for it.

Hmm.  Interesting.  You should take pictures if you make it.   :lol:
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 02, 2009, 04:57:16 PM »

Butter chicken (mild curry, if you didn't know), basmati rice and green beans, with fresh nan.
Comfort food for a damp, chilly evening.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 02, 2009, 07:35:49 PM »

I'm going to the store and getting Pepto Bismol, Mylanta, and something else for nausea.  And then I'm going to find crackhead Joe on the corner and score some Oxycodone, because if I don't start feeling human again soon, I'll hurt someone.  Fuck food.  I'll just eat drugs. 
         -George W. Bush

rabidfurby

« Reply #276 on: January 02, 2009, 07:43:55 PM »

I'm going to the store and getting Pepto Bismol, Mylanta, and something else for nausea.  And then I'm going to find crackhead Joe on the corner and score some Oxycodone, because if I don't start feeling human again soon, I'll hurt someone.  Fuck food.  I'll just eat drugs. 

You need some weed.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 02, 2009, 07:46:01 PM »

You need some weed.

I'll try anything.   :lol:
         -George W. Bush

rabidfurby

« Reply #278 on: January 02, 2009, 08:43:04 PM »

You need some weed.

Weed cures nausea like nothing else can. You feel it before you even exhale.

Hangovers, flu, I even know someone who got pregnant (and knew she was going to get an abortion) who used it to cure morning sickness.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 02, 2009, 09:28:42 PM »

You need some weed.

Weed cures nausea like nothing else can. You feel it before you even exhale.

Hangovers, flu, I even know someone who got pregnant (and knew she was going to get an abortion) who used it to cure morning sickness.

Yeah, I know one of its medicinal uses is for nausea.  I can't say I've ever tried it, but with the way I've been feeling lately I'm perfectly willing to give a few things a go. 
         -George W. Bush

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 02, 2009, 10:17:37 PM »

Butter chicken (mild curry, if you didn't know), basmati rice and green beans, with fresh nan.
Comfort food for a damp, chilly evening.

Can you come and cook for me?  Please?

Interesting.  I've heard of The Melting Pot before, and I know there's one somewhere in a 100 mile radius here.  I'd be more inclined to get a fondue pot and attempt it myself, knowing me and my love of kitchen gadgetry. 

The Melting Pot is ok, at best.  It's overpriced and I think it's also mediocre quality.  I had some really good fondue (and raclette) in Europe, but I actually prefer fondue made at home over pretty much any of the stuff you'll find in restaurants.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 02, 2009, 10:19:21 PM »

If Joy's career at mapping and stuff fails...I know a bunch of us would pay her to cook.   :lol:
         -George W. Bush

CaL DaVe

• No hay igual.
  • Que onda guero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 03, 2009, 12:18:59 AM »

I just ate a slab of meat in a pita bread.

Tasted like shit but I was hungry.
Pocho

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 03, 2009, 08:33:49 AM »

Hmmm...your wife wouldn't let you eat zhe pussy for dinner?   :P
         -George W. Bush

CaL DaVe

• No hay igual.
  • Que onda guero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 03, 2009, 10:53:46 AM »

Hmmm...your wife wouldn't let you eat zhe pussy for dinner?   :P

:lol:

too exhausted from the night before. YUM!  :) 

...and if you really want to know, we had seconds and thirds. 8)

BOOO YAAAHH!!

Pocho
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 63   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Tonight's dinner selection:

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.