Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Tonight's dinner selection:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 63   Go Down

Author Topic: Tonight's dinner selection:  (Read 172927 times)

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
Re: Tonight's dinner selection:
« Reply #195 on: October 17, 2008, 08:38:07 AM »

Boston Market. Meat loaf, macaroni n' cheese, corn, mashapatoes n' gravy.

Boston Market is definitely underrated in my opinion.  It may be awful for you, but it tastes so good that I can ignore that issue :)

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 17, 2008, 07:19:23 PM »

A couple of boiled egg peeling tricks from my chef dad: When boiling the eggs, throw a tablespoon of salt into the water. As soon as the eggs are finished boiling, stick them into a bowl of cold water and then add a tray or two of ice cubes.

I've tried all the tricks, mang.

you people are buying old-ass eggs, negroe

I've heard that older eggs actually peel better because the albumen is more separated from the shell or something. 

Anyway, I had steak, mashed potatoes, and broccoli for dinner.  It was mediocre.  Whorehay made it.  His steaks are too tough, he doesn't put milk or cream or anything but butter in his mashed potatoes (Country Crock, actually), and they microwave frozen broccoli.  I should've just had chicken.   :lol:  It wasn't totally horrible.  Still edible. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Alex Libman

« Reply #197 on: October 17, 2008, 08:39:34 PM »

I'm sitting in some motel room somewhere.  It's not as good as the hotels / motels I usually stay in, but, hey, less tax money goes to the state.  So there's no fridge or microwave here, and I don't feel like going out or ordering anything - that would require putting on pants.  I'm just gonna make do with what I have with me: a Foreman Grill, an electric kettle, canned meat, cup noodles, sunflower seeds, fruit, etc.  What doesn't kill you makes you... a better anarchist.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 08:44:03 PM by Alex Libman »

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 17, 2008, 08:44:05 PM »

Boston Market is definitely underrated in my opinion.  It may be awful for you, but it tastes so good that I can ignore that issue :)
Honestly I think its some horrible stuff.  Meh.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 17, 2008, 09:44:30 PM »

Honestly I think its some horrible stuff.  Meh.

I've only ever had those lovely frozen dinners you get at the grocery store from Boston Market.   :lol:
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 17, 2008, 10:47:00 PM »

Chinese Take-Away Extra Spicy Sa Cha Chicken With Sauteed Vegetable Brown Rice Extra Red Hot Cock Sauce On The Side Hot Sour Soup With Tofu And Noodles And Fortune Cookie.

Fortune Cookie Say Everybody Loves Me.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 18, 2008, 05:13:57 AM »

Chinese Take-Away Extra Spicy Sa Cha Chicken With Sauteed Vegetable Brown Rice Extra Red Hot Cock Sauce On The Side Hot Sour Soup With Tofu And Noodles And Fortune Cookie.

Fortune Cookie Say Everybody Loves Me.
[youtube=425,350]TVdWhJN5cf0[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVdWhJN5cf0
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 18, 2008, 08:08:18 AM »

Probably chicken and broccoli.  Maybe grilled cheese and tomato soup, depending on what I feel like. 
         -George W. Bush

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 18, 2008, 08:10:57 AM »

I'm stumped. No idea what to fix for dinner tonight.

Am hoping inspiration strikes in next couple hours, so I can run by the store before all the soccer moms are done with Saturday morning games. Not much worse shopping to be found than in a store packed with a bunch of stressed out, sleep deprived moms with their 2-4 kids clamoring for more of the cookies, candy and juice sugar load they ingested in car on the way between field and supermarket.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 18, 2008, 08:15:01 AM »

I'm stumped. No idea what to fix for dinner tonight.

Am hoping inspiration strikes in next couple hours, so I can run by the store before all the soccer moms are done with Saturday morning games. Not much worse shopping to be found than in a store packed with a bunch of stressed out, sleep deprived moms with their 2-4 kids clamoring for more of the cookies, candy and juice sugar load they ingested in car on the way between field and supermarket.

Eeek.  I hate the grocery store.  I'm a fast shopper.  I can shop for two weeks worth of food in less than 20 minutes.  It's the waiting in line to pay for them and almost getting run down by everyone in the store that I hate.  Why can't people walk like they drive?  Stay to the right, pass on the left, and don't fucking ram in to things.   :shock:
         -George W. Bush

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 18, 2008, 08:35:12 AM »

Why can't people walk like they drive?  Stay to the right, pass on the left, and don't fucking ram in to things.   :shock:

That would be nice, but I doubt it will ever happen.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 18, 2008, 08:36:32 AM »

Why can't people walk like they drive?  Stay to the right, pass on the left, and don't fucking ram in to things.   :shock:

I've found that people in larger cities that walk more than they drive are better at it, but they still suck. 
         -George W. Bush

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 18, 2008, 03:55:46 PM »

Why can't people walk like they drive?  Stay to the right, pass on the left, and don't fucking ram in to things.   :shock:

I've found that people in larger cities that walk more than they drive are better at it, but they still suck. 

This is definitely true, but tourists tend to ruin my walking bliss.  I don't really blame them, though.  If you don't stop to check out the scenery there's no point in being a tourist.

Russell Griswold

« Reply #208 on: October 18, 2008, 04:14:35 PM »

This is definitely true, but tourists tend to ruin my walking bliss.  I don't really blame them, though.  If you don't stop to check out the scenery there's no point in being a tourist.

I like to play chicken with them in the morning. Who gets out of the way first...  :lol:

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 18, 2008, 04:46:38 PM »

Store was stressful mess of humanity. Loads of kids and moms buying halloween candy and decorative crap.

Had to open wine as soon as I arrived home, in order to recuperate enough to build lasagna, and mix up dough for breadsticks.

As I type this, I realize I probably should have eaten something after my 10-miler today, especially before the wine. Woohoo! I'm going to be cooking sloshed!
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 63   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Tonight's dinner selection:

// ]]>

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 32 queries.