Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Tonight's dinner selection:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 63   Go Down

Author Topic: Tonight's dinner selection:  (Read 174658 times)

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
Re: Tonight's dinner selection:
« Reply #135 on: September 16, 2008, 04:30:48 PM »

Probably something frozen.  Mmm...sodium. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #136 on: September 16, 2008, 05:03:07 PM »

I make a jumbotronic lasagna roughly the size of a bag of concrete about once a year.  People admire it.

My bro-in-law had a kid a few years ago, around the holidays, and I killed two birds with one stone 'cause he gets wicked happy when I make it, so it was a xmas gift and new baby gift.  I'm weird like that, but he digs it more than anything else I could give him. 

So, I made him this big honkin lasagna in an 18x24x5 pan, fuckin thing weighed about 30 lbs.  Throwaway pan for catering, with the heavy gauge wire supporting the bottom and ending in handles, like a laundry basket. 

I deliver the thing hot out of the oven, with garlic bread (of course) and he's HolyFuckin! all over the house, all kinds of happy.  Eats a big slice, we all had some.  Damn good stuff, loaded with ricotta-cheddar-mozz custom blend ala Brasky, and my patented meat sauce which is also noted for excellence, and won the Italian Datsagood Award nine years in a row. 

Theres still a cubic yard left, 2/3 pan at least.  He's gonna freeze a few pieces, have some tomorrow, he's got long term plans for this lasagna.  Joy and abundance is prevalent on this fine day. 

Next day he goes to work, and his idiot-bitch has her family over the house, and feeds 'em the whole fucking thing.  Gone.

He comes home from work, with visions of heaping portions of my delicious gift clouding his mind, he'd dreamed of this moment since dawn and all through the day of labor and toil.  Gone?  GONE!!?  YOU.  FUCKING.  BITCH!!!  HE DIDN'T MAKE THAT FUCKING THING TO FEED YOUR SCUMBAG WELFARE PILLHEAD ASSHOLE FAMILY!!!!!

The battle was epic, the romance and cheer of the holiday fractured, things were destroyed shattered and stomped.  Children ran in fear of the raging behemoth bellowing in blind starving fitful delirium.

I still hear about it every christmas, like the day the earth stood still, or Pearl Harbor.  Remember that Lasagna you made...?  Yeah, whistfully.  I've never made him another, and when he hears of me making a lasagna, a dark cloud crosses over his features and you can see the scene replaying behind his eyes, that bitch...

We da same, you and me... We da same.

Tink about it!!!
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

trollfreezone

« Reply #137 on: September 16, 2008, 05:36:57 PM »

I had some good clips from Falling Down on youtube, but the Nazis at Viacom had them taken down...

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 16, 2008, 05:38:36 PM »

Man, I really want something other than frozen crap or fast food or take-out from a restaurant.  Haven't felt up to shopping and cooking though.  My one free day this week has me stricken with a migraine.   :(
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

trollfreezone

« Reply #139 on: September 16, 2008, 06:00:56 PM »

I had some good clips from Falling Down on youtube, but the Nazis at Viacom had them taken down...

Sucks. 

I like to browse those occasionally. 

When will these people ever realize, since its not the whole movie in quality, its not the same fucking thing.  Its an homage.  It means more sales, not less.  People will go buy movies if they see clips they like, its free advertising they would normally pay buku bucks for. 

They're fascist idiots.  Their cluelessness was typified by the claim that the VHS tape would kill the movie business.  Of course, the movie business never saw such a boost in revenue as home media (VHS being first) provided.

...and that's just the argument from practicality...there's a legal argument of "fair use" when it comes to clips, as you point out, not to mention the argument that IP is contrived.

Added: the stuff after the ellipsis (…)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 06:03:36 PM by What's the frequency, Kenneth? »

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 16, 2008, 07:35:35 PM »

Carne Asada Fries.

I miss those.  It used to be my favorite at the taco wagon back home, but we have no taco wagon here.

I have never heard of this phenomenon before. 

Carne asada fries (at least where I've eaten them)=bed of french fries + carne asada steak+lots of cheese+gucamole+sour cream. I add green chile and salsa.  Damn, now I really, REALLY want some.

I need to eat something before work.
Yes, they are extremely bomb.  And they can last you a good two meals or three light ones if you get hooked up.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Riddler

« Reply #141 on: September 16, 2008, 09:21:53 PM »

I make a jumbotronic lasagna roughly the size of a bag of concrete about once a year.  People admire it.

My bro-in-law had a kid a few years ago, around the holidays, and I killed two birds with one stone 'cause he gets wicked happy when I make it, so it was a xmas gift and new baby gift.  I'm weird like that, but he digs it more than anything else I could give him. 

So, I made him this big honkin lasagna in an 18x24x5 pan, fuckin thing weighed about 30 lbs.  Throwaway pan for catering, with the heavy gauge wire supporting the bottom and ending in handles, like a laundry basket. 

I deliver the thing hot out of the oven, with garlic bread (of course) and he's HolyFuckin! all over the house, all kinds of happy.  Eats a big slice, we all had some.  Damn good stuff, loaded with ricotta-cheddar-mozz custom blend ala Brasky, and my patented meat sauce which is also noted for excellence, and won the Italian Datsagood Award nine years in a row. 

Theres still a cubic yard left, 2/3 pan at least.  He's gonna freeze a few pieces, have some tomorrow, he's got long term plans for this lasagna.  Joy and abundance is prevalent on this fine day. 

Next day he goes to work, and his idiot-bitch has her family over the house, and feeds 'em the whole fucking thing.  Gone.

He comes home from work, with visions of heaping portions of my delicious gift clouding his mind, he'd dreamed of this moment since dawn and all through the day of labor and toil.  Gone?  GONE!!?  YOU.  FUCKING.  BITCH!!!  HE DIDN'T MAKE THAT FUCKING THING TO FEED YOUR SCUMBAG WELFARE PILLHEAD ASSHOLE FAMILY!!!!!

The battle was epic, the romance and cheer of the holiday fractured, things were destroyed shattered and stomped.  Children ran in fear of the raging behemoth bellowing in blind starving fitful delirium.

I still hear about it every christmas, like the day the earth stood still, or Pearl Harbor.  Remember that Lasagna you made...?  Yeah, whistfully.  I've never made him another, and when he hears of me making a lasagna, a dark cloud crosses over his features and you can see the scene replaying behind his eyes, that bitch...

kinda like that 3 stooges episode whenever somebody mentions ,'niagra falls'
people go fucking nuts

Shara

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 18, 2008, 07:04:32 AM »

God.. I love lasagna, and I make a killer one too, but I've figured out a way to split the one recipe into several pans, so... instead of eating yummy hot fresh lasagna once, we have one in the freezer to pop in and voila, just as good as new. And no, it's not rocket science, I just split the recipe.
It's SOOO fattening though? I haven't made it in months for that reason, but. Thanks for the inspiration, I will make some tomorrow.

Not much to say when you're high above the mucky-muck... yeah...

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 21, 2008, 07:32:57 PM »

Sweet Potato Curry w/spinach and roasted cashews.
Brown basmati rice.

(Coconut milk curry - no dairy, btw)
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 21, 2008, 07:36:11 PM »

Sweet Potato Curry w/spinach and roasted cashews.
Brown basmati rice.

(Coconut milk curry - no dairy, btw)

Your address.  What is it? 
         -George W. Bush

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #145 on: September 21, 2008, 08:14:37 PM »

I was going to make tacos, but instead we're having cabbage rolls. This afternoon we drove to Odessa, Washington for their annual Octoberfest, had German food for lunch, and picked up some frozen rolls at one of the booths there.

http://www.deutschesfest.com/index.php
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 23, 2008, 05:57:19 PM »

I was going to make tacos, but instead we're having cabbage rolls. This afternoon we drove to Odessa, Washington for their annual Octoberfest, had German food for lunch, and picked up some frozen rolls at one of the booths there.

Oh my goodness. I haven't had cabbage rolls in years. Maybe it's time to take my ethnic cooking back in the direction of my own cultural heritage.

Tonight:
Chicken Pad Thai and Garlic Broccoli.
Glass (or 3) of chardonnay, too.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 23, 2008, 06:08:50 PM »

Oh my goodness. I haven't had cabbage rolls in years. Maybe it's time to take my ethnic cooking back in the direction of my own cultural heritage.

Tonight:
Chicken Pad Thai and Garlic Broccoli.
Glass (or 3) of chardonnay, too.

That sounds interesting.  How do you make that? 
         -George W. Bush

blackie

« Reply #148 on: September 23, 2008, 06:14:00 PM »

I'm still trying to figure out how to make a good brown garlic sauce.

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #149 on: September 23, 2008, 07:23:59 PM »

I finally made tacos last night. Fajitas, actually. My wife worked last night and tonight, so it's going to be leftover taco/fajitas.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 63   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Tonight's dinner selection:

// ]]>

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 32 queries.