Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Tonight's dinner selection:
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 63   Go Down

Author Topic: Tonight's dinner selection:  (Read 172946 times)

ForumTroll

Re: Tonight's dinner selection:
« Reply #825 on: April 13, 2010, 01:34:22 PM »

Fresh fruit/vegetable juice. For the next 2 months.

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: April 13, 2010, 11:01:47 PM »

Turkey burgers for everybody else, black bean burger for me.
Sweet potato fries.

Then, the kids loaded up on marshmallow fluff while I was mixing it with powdered sugar & butter to make fondant.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: April 15, 2010, 09:48:49 PM »

My Ol' Lady made a strawberry pie. Tasty.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: April 15, 2010, 11:15:16 PM »

Turkey burgers for everybody else, black bean burger for me.
Sweet potato fries.

Then, the kids loaded up on marshmallow fluff while I was mixing it with powdered sugar & butter to make fondant.

I would like to know how exactly one makes a black bean burger. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

gibson042

• Non-Aggression Principal since 2006
    • View Profile
    • gibson.mp
"WOOOOOP  WOOOOOP  WOOOOP EH EH EH EH HHHEEEOOOO HEEEOOOOO" —Rillion

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: April 16, 2010, 07:02:42 AM »

When you have leftover rice and beans, or just leftover rice & grab a can of beans out of the pantry.
Minced onion, garlic, cilantro, peppers, or go super easy & use a couple spoons of salsa.
Mash beans. Mix everything together & form patties.
Place in freezer until you're ready to cook them.
Works great in the pan, but if you're grilling, you have to put on foil, so it doesn't fall apart.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Robin

• I may be a bastard, but I'm not a fucking bastard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: April 16, 2010, 07:05:26 AM »

have you made apple burgers???? we used to make black bean burgers all the time, and i tried with apples instead and they were really good too. you grate the apples and put almost the same spices in and they are awesome, my kids will eat these before they touch a black bean burger
But now I'm on a mission to mend. Everything that broke and make it glisten again. Strip down, redesign, construct, and improve. While the rest procrastinate I'll be making my move.

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: April 16, 2010, 07:18:00 AM »

have you made apple burgers???? we used to make black bean burgers all the time, and i tried with apples instead and they were really good too. you grate the apples and put almost the same spices in and they are awesome, my kids will eat these before they touch a black bean burger

That sounds great! My kids won't eat the bean burgers, whether I'm using black, pinto or black-eyed peas. I might be able to get them to try apple. What type of apple do you use?

Bill Brasky

« Reply #833 on: April 16, 2010, 06:13:51 PM »

Meat-a-balls! 

You gotta say it like that. 

In spag sauce over curlies.  balls n curlies. 

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: April 16, 2010, 06:34:27 PM »

We made lamb fajitas with a delicious marinade last night.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: April 17, 2010, 12:53:39 AM »

When you have leftover rice and beans, or just leftover rice & grab a can of beans out of the pantry.
Minced onion, garlic, cilantro, peppers, or go super easy & use a couple spoons of salsa.
Works great in the pan, but if you're grilling, you have to put on foil, so it doesn't fall apart.

This may be a terrible question, but is the boxed/bagged black beans and rice thing acceptable here?  I'd like to make these, but this is all I have in the house!   :lol:
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: April 17, 2010, 03:04:07 PM »

This may be a terrible question, but is the boxed/bagged black beans and rice thing acceptable here?  I'd like to make these, but this is all I have in the house!   :lol:

Probably too much rice for it to stick together, but it would be tasty

Robin

• I may be a bastard, but I'm not a fucking bastard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: April 17, 2010, 03:19:00 PM »

That sounds great! My kids won't eat the bean burgers, whether I'm using black, pinto or black-eyed peas. I might be able to get them to try apple. What type of apple do you use?
we have always used granny smith, they are the only apples my husband will ever eat haha may be where my son gets the "picky about food" thing from.
But now I'm on a mission to mend. Everything that broke and make it glisten again. Strip down, redesign, construct, and improve. While the rest procrastinate I'll be making my move.

Andy

• Verbose.
  • Ask me later.
    • View Profile
    • My Blawg
« Reply #838 on: April 18, 2010, 04:32:26 AM »

we have always used granny smith, they are the only apples my husband will ever eat haha may be where my son gets the "picky about food" thing from.

That's not picky, other apples are shit.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: April 18, 2010, 11:48:31 PM »

Probably too much rice for it to stick together, but it would be tasty

I bet if I added an extra half to whole can of beans I'd be okay.  Ya think?
         -George W. Bush
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 63   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Tonight's dinner selection:

// ]]>

Page created in 1.028 seconds with 31 queries.