Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Tonight's dinner selection:
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 63   Go Down

Author Topic: Tonight's dinner selection:  (Read 172888 times)

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
Re: Tonight's dinner selection:
« Reply #780 on: February 24, 2010, 09:23:57 AM »

I'm getting the feeling that eating too much meat has poisoned me, so I can't eat it anymore. Sucks.
ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: February 24, 2010, 10:25:17 AM »

Yeah, the diet works. But then, they ALL work, at least to the extent that anyone can stay on them. Aye, that's the rub--very few people (around 5%) can actually stay on a diet long enough for it to do them much good.

The best of the lot is the "don't eat so freakin' much" diet. How can you do that? Well, you just look at the suggested serving size and then don't eat more than it says.

I'm kind of convinced that there is nobody in the world who is overweight from eating too much green vegetables and fresh fruit. I mean, eat healthy portions of whatever food you want within reason, but when you are feeling hungry, eat celery, carrots, grapes, bananas, etc.
"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)

davann

« Reply #782 on: February 24, 2010, 02:03:14 PM »

Atkins doesn't work for anyone. 

Yes it does. My childhood best friend's father has been doing it since the early 70's before he even heard of Atkins. Reducing the amount of starchy food is the key to any healthy diet. Having grown up in Wisconsin he was the only healthy weight father I knew. As usual, the gov got it completely wrong with the food pyramid.

I agree no "diet" works. What works is changing ones eating habits.

Oh and my friends father is still healthy, alive and kicking while many of the other men his age are dead from heart attacks.

Breakfast burritos for me tonight with chi rezzo and hot salsa. Delicious.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: February 24, 2010, 05:39:54 PM »

I been snackin' on a bowl of peanuts, Craisins & dark chocolate Raisinets.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: February 24, 2010, 06:51:50 PM »

Atkins doesn't work for anyone. 

Yes it does. My childhood best friend's father has been doing it since the early 70's before he even heard of Atkins. Reducing the amount of starchy food is the key to any healthy diet. Having grown up in Wisconsin he was the only healthy weight father I knew. As usual, the gov got it completely wrong with the food pyramid.

I agree no "diet" works. What works is changing ones eating habits.

Oh and my friends father is still healthy, alive and kicking while many of the other men his age are dead from heart attacks.

Breakfast burritos for me tonight with chi rezzo and hot salsa. Delicious.

I believe a diet is defined as any "major" change in eating habits.

Atkins did work for me, I just suck at sticking with it.  Which I should, due to my insulin resistance.
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: February 24, 2010, 11:07:08 PM »

I had some Arby's, then a slice of pizza from Sbarro that my father's wife got at the airport and never ate...and lunch was McDonald's.  Considering I almost never eat fast food, three different places in one day is probably a record for me.

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: February 25, 2010, 09:24:00 AM »

I had some Arby's, then a slice of pizza from Sbarro that my father's wife got at the airport and never ate...and lunch was McDonald's.  Considering I almost never eat fast food, three different places in one day is probably a record for me.

Considering what just one fast food meal in a day does to me, I can't imagine a full day of meals. I'd probably have to make a late night run to the pharmacy to pick up a big thing of pepto... and singing the song the whole way there & back.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: February 25, 2010, 10:13:38 PM »

Dog stole my stolen pizza.

My son went to have pizza with his momma tonight, I guiltily stole his leftovers, left the kitchen for 10 seconds, came back, pizza gone, dog tried to look innocent, but then gave me a quick "Ya.. fuck ya gonna do about it?" growl and laid down.

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

The Green Bastard

• From Parts Unknown
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: February 27, 2010, 09:55:44 PM »

I made ahi tuna rolls and salmon/avocado  box sushi tonight.

I finally got the sushi rice down but the nori I bought was extremely fishy tasting. Just need to find a decent piece of nori and practice on the presentation and I'll be set.

Not too bad for a honkey's second attempt. :)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 10:10:04 PM by KTOKTO »

Bill Brasky

« Reply #789 on: February 27, 2010, 10:22:24 PM »

Poppy seeds? 

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: February 27, 2010, 10:31:38 PM »

Fish eggs I'll betcha.

Looks tasty!

Bill Brasky

« Reply #791 on: February 27, 2010, 10:34:20 PM »

Makes me wanna slap it right off the table. 

The Green Bastard

• From Parts Unknown
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: February 27, 2010, 10:39:16 PM »

Poppy seeds?  

black romanoff caviar

Makes me wanna slap it right off the table.  

I would have done the same thing two weeks ago, but then I tried the stuff. I'm hooked.  I can't handle all of the yuppies in the sushi bars around town so I figured I'd try mastering it myself at home and save a few bucks.

I haven't gotten the shits yet. We'll see how I feel tomorrow. :)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 11:24:15 PM by KTOKTO »

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: March 01, 2010, 05:08:58 PM »

Caving in to children's request for Swedish meatballs*. Serving with homemade egg noodles and green beans.

*I like it. It contains many of my favorite things - butter, eggs, bread, pasta, heavy cream, etc - but even I have my limits of how much of it should be consumed in one sitting.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: March 01, 2010, 05:13:22 PM »

I had the meatballs at Ikea over the weekend. Simple, cheap, but yummy.
"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 63   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Tonight's dinner selection:

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 31 queries.