Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Tonight's dinner selection:
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 63   Go Down

Author Topic: Tonight's dinner selection:  (Read 173614 times)

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
Re: Tonight's dinner selection:
« Reply #675 on: September 04, 2009, 12:15:39 AM »

I had my fondue party tonight.  It was delicious:  cheddar fondue made with Fiscalini Farmstead cheddar and Bell's Oberon beer.  We had bread and apples for dipping (and caramel for the apples which can go either way), merlot and zinfandel wines in addition to beer, and finished it off with a chocolate layer cake for dessert.  Really good stuff :)

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: September 04, 2009, 12:19:40 AM »

I had my fondue party tonight.  It was delicious:  cheddar fondue made with Fiscalini Farmstead cheddar and Bell's Oberon beer.  We had bread and apples for dipping (and caramel for the apples which can go either way), merlot and zinfandel wines in addition to beer, and finished it off with a chocolate layer cake for dessert.  Really good stuff :)

Aaaaaaaaaaaand you didn't invite me.  For shame! 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: September 04, 2009, 12:25:01 AM »

Aaaaaaaaaaaand you didn't invite me.  For shame! 

You are not in Chicago...yet.

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #678 on: September 04, 2009, 12:33:34 AM »

I had healthy oatmeal for lunch.  I had 11 slices of pizza tonight and a beer.  Great dinner.
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

Bill Brasky

« Reply #679 on: September 04, 2009, 12:58:52 AM »

So you're out of the closet now?

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: September 04, 2009, 01:13:59 AM »

If the goal of a straight man is to surround himself with as many women as possible to increase his chances of heterosexual intercourse, having a fondue dinner party is definitely an activity which a straight man should be engaging in.  Just sayin'.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #681 on: September 04, 2009, 01:46:20 AM »

If the goal of a straight man is to surround himself with as many women as possible to increase his chances of heterosexual intercourse, having a fondue dinner party is definitely an activity which a straight man should be engaging in.  Just sayin'.

Fondue is a side table thing.

If you want to roll with bitches who are all tripped the fuck out on the culinary equivalent of a bowl of M+M's, go the fuck ahead. 

Riddler

« Reply #682 on: September 04, 2009, 08:22:19 PM »

no way, negroe...
i went to a fucking fondue restaurant in fla. one time....it was pretty good.
not EVERYTHING has to be dipped in cheese..
they do a broth dip, where you put fresh veggies & meat into the pot & cook it while you funnel the cocktails down
you eat like a fucking caveman, w/ a pungy stick, but it's a cool change-of-pace..

Bill Brasky

« Reply #683 on: September 04, 2009, 08:33:21 PM »

no way, negroe...
i went to a fucking fondue restaurant in fla. one time....it was pretty good.
not EVERYTHING has to be dipped in cheese..
they do a broth dip, where you put fresh veggies & meat into the pot & cook it while you funnel the cocktails down
you eat like a fucking caveman, w/ a pungy stick, but it's a cool change-of-pace..

Yeah, I know that.  I lived thru the 70's. 

Still, put it over there, not too near the ice sculpture. 

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: September 04, 2009, 10:24:52 PM »

I just had macaroni and cheese and some tomato slices.  I didn't feel like putting a whole lot of effort in to it, and had a craving for mac & cheese.  I'm happy.  :)
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Rodeen

• View Profile
« Reply #685 on: September 04, 2009, 10:44:18 PM »

Mmmmm tasty. (100 proof)   Also I might make a sandwich out of whatever is in my fridge.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 10:46:19 PM by Rodeen »
War doesn\'t determine who\'s right, but who\'s left.

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: September 06, 2009, 07:26:19 PM »

Coconut Crusted Haddock, with Curry Pumpkin Seeds.
(Recipe from Whole Foods - http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/recipe.php?recipeId=2381)
Sauteed spinach, rice and sliced heirloom tomatoes on the side.

This was excellent. Even the pickiest of kidlets liked it.

Substitutions -
Cod (No haddock at WF today)
Added sliced almonds to the pumpkin seeds in the honey & curry.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: September 06, 2009, 07:29:58 PM »

I'm having a terribly unhealthy meal this evening. 

Here's the link.  I haven't had a steak in a while, and I couldn't resist any longer. 

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/09/grilled-ribeye-steak-with-onion-blue-cheese-sauce/
         -George W. Bush

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: September 06, 2009, 07:35:39 PM »

Here's the link.  I haven't had a steak in a while, and I couldn't resist any longer. 

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/09/grilled-ribeye-steak-with-onion-blue-cheese-sauce/

Holy crap! That looks so very good. Maybe tomorrow, AFTER a long run.
That's not the sort of thing that I'd like to have repeating on me during an hour or so of hills.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: September 06, 2009, 08:27:40 PM »

Holy crap! That looks so very good. Maybe tomorrow, AFTER a long run.
That's not the sort of thing that I'd like to have repeating on me during an hour or so of hills.

I just finished it.  It's absolutely delicious.  Fair warning, you don't need any side dishes.  I'm completely stuffed from it.   :shock:
         -George W. Bush
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 63   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Tonight's dinner selection:

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.