Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Time to introduce myself... I'm a left libertarian
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Time to introduce myself... I'm a left libertarian  (Read 27978 times)

Zhwazi

• Recovering Ex-Anarchocapitalist
    • View Profile
    • Ana.rchist.net
Re: Time to introduce myself... I'm a left libertarian
« Reply #120 on: February 11, 2011, 12:14:17 PM »

I'm writing a book about people who turn into dolphins, Zhwazi.  You would probably be disappointed though because there is no explicit sex-while-a-dolphin that happens in it.  Been working on it for over five years.  Prolly be at least that much longer before I'm finished.
That wouldn't disappoint me, sex isn't appropriate for everything everywhere that there's an opportunity for it :P

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #121 on: February 11, 2011, 12:15:47 PM »

WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

Zhwazi

• View Profile
    • Ana.rchist.net
« Reply #122 on: February 11, 2011, 12:22:26 PM »

WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN.
Hahahah. Away from politics, focused on IT and furfaggotry.

LTKoblinsky

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 11, 2011, 01:10:35 PM »

Got a short minute at lunch. I need a clarification question. What is your definition of LTV. What do you get from it and what are your conclusions? All of this is important in my responses.

My wife's new site. Covers fashion, motherhood, our journey to NH, and soon activism.

Andy

• Verbose.
  • Ask me later.
    • View Profile
    • My Blawg
« Reply #124 on: February 11, 2011, 02:12:50 PM »

Oh. Wow.

*Gets Popcorn*

Zhwazi

• View Profile
    • Ana.rchist.net
« Reply #125 on: February 11, 2011, 03:20:29 PM »

It's not something I can provide in as simple an explanation as a definition. See http://mutualist.org/id56.html for some info, big page is big and I don't expect you to read it all, but skim the first third or so at least. Can't get into long explanations, on my cellphone at work.

LTKoblinsky

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 11, 2011, 04:05:35 PM »

It's not something I can provide in as simple an explanation as a definition. See http://mutualist.org/id56.html for some info, big page is big and I don't expect you to read it all, but skim the first third or so at least. Can't get into long explanations, on my cellphone at work.

I've read a huge chunk (over half) of that page. It's full of false conclusions and misrepresentations masquerading as reason. That's a little harsh, the author attempts to rationalize some of the more greivous answers of LTV, but still comes to the same false conclusions at the end. Like you, I can't go into more detail as I'm at work.

My wife's new site. Covers fashion, motherhood, our journey to NH, and soon activism.

blackie

« Reply #127 on: February 11, 2011, 04:12:18 PM »

I couldn't make it thru the second paragraph.

Brooklyn Red Leg

• The Red Legged Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 11, 2011, 04:58:56 PM »

That's cause you're "obviously a stupid AnCap and Zhwazi knows exactly what it is you think/believe cause he used to be an AnCap but is now an AnSyn....."
"Democracy, too, is a religion. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." - H.L. Mencken

Er_Murazor's KoLWiki Page

Zhwazi

• View Profile
    • Ana.rchist.net
« Reply #129 on: February 11, 2011, 05:17:39 PM »

That's cause you're "obviously a stupid AnCap and Zhwazi knows exactly what it is you think/believe cause he used to be an AnCap but is now an AnSyn....."
And here I thought it was because economics is obscenely boring and because reading contrary thoughts for somebody that doesnt have a stake in it is a poor use of time.

I notice you didn't bother to contradict or deny any of my characterizations of what you believe. Is this perhaps because I characterized it correctly? I can see why it might be scary, but when LTKoblinsky thought I mischarachterized his understanding he said so. You said effectively nothing and ignored the affront to your sense of moral indignance.

blackie

« Reply #130 on: February 11, 2011, 05:24:41 PM »

I may be stupid, but I'm not an AnCap.

I just can't get into this economic theory stuff.

Brooklyn Red Leg

• The Red Legged Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 11, 2011, 08:59:59 PM »

Don't worry, you'll soon be a part of Zhwazi's collective whether you want to be or not. Cause he'll use the Labor Theory of Value to convince you. Sort of like the mind-numbed Zeitgeist Movement/Venus Project people.
"Democracy, too, is a religion. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." - H.L. Mencken

Er_Murazor's KoLWiki Page

Zhwazi

• View Profile
    • Ana.rchist.net
« Reply #132 on: February 11, 2011, 09:20:28 PM »

Don't worry, you'll soon be a part of Zhwazi's collective whether you want to be or not. Cause he'll use the Labor Theory of Value to convince you. Sort of like the mind-numbed Zeitgeist Movement/Venus Project people.
That's it, give us more evidence that you are motivated by moral indignance and pride, throw more inaccurate insults and demonstrate more ignorance and unwillingness to know than anyone else and you too can achieve positive self-image via negative images of others.

Your lack of hesitation to attack also shows how scared you are of how well I do understand your political thought process. The more you fight, the more you lose.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 09:22:23 PM by Zhwazi »

LTKoblinsky

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 11, 2011, 10:10:41 PM »

That's it, give us more evidence that you are motivated by moral indignance and pride, throw more inaccurate insults and demonstrate more ignorance and unwillingness to know than anyone else and you too can achieve positive self-image via negative images of others.

Your lack of hesitation to attack also shows how scared you are of how well I do understand your political thought process. The more you fight, the more you lose.

Listen, he may not understand the ins and outs of economic policy or may just find it boring (who could, really? but to each his own). The point is, he doesn't even need to be see the nuanced flaws of LTV to see the problems with collectivist thought in general.

Zhwazi

• View Profile
    • Ana.rchist.net
« Reply #134 on: February 11, 2011, 11:08:11 PM »

Listen, he may not understand the ins and outs of economic policy or may just find it boring (who could, really? but to each his own). The point is, he doesn't even need to be see the nuanced flaws of LTV to see the problems with collectivist thought in general.
I just want to be clear, I was replying to Brooklyn Red Leg, not Blackie. Blackie can keep doing what he's doing, nothing he's doing is bothering me. He showed that my guess as to why he didn't get through the second paragraph was correct also.

In retort to Brooklyn Red Leg's (who never commented on economic policy, didn't read my post and is just being an asstart) accusations, I'm not a collectivist (hence the "inaccurate" mentioned in my reply to him). LTV is not inherently collectivist. An idea being useful to collectivists doesn't make it collectivistic if it's also useful to individualists.

I don't understand the ins and outs of economic policy either. But I'm willing to learn and don't think anything is beyond my ability to know, so I'll learn as needed.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Time to introduce myself... I'm a left libertarian

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 31 queries.