Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Thomas Jefferson's Blog
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thomas Jefferson's Blog  (Read 1094 times)

NuroSlam

• Gold, Guns and Ammo
  • Gold, Guns and Ammo
    • View Profile
Thomas Jefferson's Blog
« on: July 09, 2009, 06:07:54 AM »

Found this stumbling around

After pointing me to some simple history books, I managed to look up more myself. In the same chapter where I read of the civil war between the Northern and Southern states, I read more related to the liberation of the slaves. A page mentioned a man, Fredrich Douglas. Never did I believe a negroe could go so high as a man of intellect. I may have thought myself to be smarter than the average black of my days, but I've come to realize in these hours of thought that while Sir Isaac Newton was superior to others in understanding, he was not therefore lord of the person or property of others. The same should apply to me and other men.

In my time, I only tried what I knew was best to make the lives of these slaves better, the way things were. When I tried to draft the Declaration of Independence to condemn slave-trading, it was stricken by Congress. My attempt to get slavery banned in the western territories was voted down by one vote. I inherited a plantation and it was not entirely legal in my time to simply let them loose, they were part of a mortgage. Sooner than sneak them away I'd care for them and provide them work, after all, to abandon persons whose habits have been formed in slavery is like abandoning children. I realize that nothing is more certainly written in the book of fate than that these people are to be free. Nor is it less certain that the two races, equally free, cannot live in the same government. Nature, habit, opinion had drawn indelible lines of distinction between them...

... and in this year of 2003 it seems fate finally clears those lines. It is good and hopeful that advances are being made towards their re-establishment on an equal footing with the other colors of the human family.

I cannot make excuses for myself however. I simply will say that I did not want history to remember me as a participant of this system, but I guess, it is my eternal epitaph.

http://www.namyth.com/teej/?story=1
Comrade Obama, Sorry but I have already served my country.

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Jefferson's Blog
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 07:18:12 AM »

does tommy's blog mention his jungle fever?
ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER

NuroSlam

• Gold, Guns and Ammo
  • Gold, Guns and Ammo
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Jefferson's Blog
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 07:25:19 AM »

does tommy's blog mention his jungle fever?
Indeed it does, its "addressed" in the second post. Im up 13

I think personally it should be mentioned on the air. Entertaining yet addressing the issues of freedom in the modern world.
Comrade Obama, Sorry but I have already served my country.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Thomas Jefferson's Blog

// ]]>

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 31 queries.