Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Think Free Unresticted Capitalism is the Answer?
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Think Free Unresticted Capitalism is the Answer?  (Read 2461 times)

not freedom

Think Free Unresticted Capitalism is the Answer?
« on: August 21, 2011, 12:11:49 PM »

Here, check out today's Mexico. A country completely run into the ground by free unrestricted cronie-capitalism.  Broadcast today on the BBC -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/p00jgjdb

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
Re: Think Free Unresticted Capitalism is the Answer?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 12:18:38 PM »

Here, check out today's Mexico. A country completely run into the ground by free unrestricted cronie-capitalism.  Broadcast today on the BBC -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/p00jgjdb

Cronie capitalism implies that there is a power structure set up for those in "power" to award benefits to people they like and to punish those they dont like.

I dont think anyone in this forum wants that.

I think you have a misconception of what people here advocate.

Or maybe you really do understand what im saying, and you are just trolling, like others have said.
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

not freedom

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 01:15:54 PM »

I don't think the people here understand what they advocate, at least from what I hear and read. I think almost all Americans believe that freedom is what made us prosperous and great, and is what leads to liberty and I think they're wrong. What is liberty? What is freedom? Do they exist here in America? They do not exist, because you can't define them! I'm not a troll. Trolls never really never have anything to say.

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 01:39:10 PM »

I don't think the people here understand what they advocate, at least from what I hear and read. I think almost all Americans believe that freedom is what made us prosperous and great, and is what leads to liberty and I think they're wrong. What is liberty? What is freedom? Do they exist here in America? They do not exist, because you can't define them! I'm not a troll. Trolls never really never have anything to say.

Oh, I think they know exactly what they advocate. They advocate the ability to do whatever they choose to do, as long as they dont hurt anyone else, or destroy another persons property in the process. Once you step over that line, you're no longer talking about "freedom", youre talking about stepping on someone elses rights or property.

Why would anyone have a problem with that? Its not good enough for you to just let people do what they want and not be controlled like a little circus monkey? You need a "daddy" to make all your personal decisions in your life, someone to tell you what to do and when to do it? WTF kind of life is that?

I guess its fine................ if you want to be a robot.
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

LTKoblinsky

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 02:52:53 PM »

free unrestricted cronie-capitalism

This is such an oxymoron and you sound like an idiot.
freeˇdom   [free-duhm]  Show IPA
noun
the state of being free  or at liberty rather than in confinement or under physical restraint: He won his freedom after a retrial.
exemption from external control, interference, regulation, etc.
the power to determine action without restraint.
political or national independence.
personal liberty, as opposed to bondage or slavery: a slave who bought his freedom.

easy dictionary.com definition, but the truth is that advocates of capitalism generally believe men are better able to use their resources to provide for their own needs than any regulator or governor. Your link is sensational coverage of evil men who seek to restrict freedom and establish dominance.

My wife's new site. Covers fashion, motherhood, our journey to NH, and soon activism.

Branlin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 05:29:41 PM »

FWIW: My un-educated definition of "capitalism" (economic freedom) is:

When two parties agree to a mutual exchange of money for goods or services, free of 3rd party interferences. "Money" can include whatever the parties agree to: paper money, gold, silver, guns, heroin, collectibles, etc. Bartering would also be included.

If you think about it, there is nothing any third party (government, etc.) can do to improve upon the free exchange as described above.

Brooklyn Red Leg

• The Red Legged Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 08:32:47 PM »

Here, check out today's Mexico. A country completely run into the ground by free unrestricted cronie-capitalism.

:roll:

Oh boy, here we go again. What, pray tell, is going to save us? Do you advocate using guns on us to make us use your system of commerce?
"Democracy, too, is a religion. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." - H.L. Mencken

Er_Murazor's KoLWiki Page

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2011, 10:32:06 PM »

Troll alert...again.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 12:13:34 AM »

Troll alert...again.

No way, man.  He's not just trying to piss a bunch of people off.  He's seriously going to show all these libertarians the obvious errors in their irrational thinking!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Think Free Unresticted Capitalism is the Answer?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.