Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Tax Resister Diet
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: The Tax Resister Diet  (Read 72680 times)

AL the Inconspicuous

Re: The Tax Resister Diet
« Reply #165 on: February 03, 2010, 02:42:51 PM »

OK, so the verdict is that I'm very disappointed with myself for this slip-up.  Sweets are a major no-no because they actually make you crave meat more!  I think this is because my body senses that it's getting too many "junk carbs" and wants some low-carb protein to compensate, whereas when I eat protein-rich vegan foods like beans or spinach I don't miss meat quite as much.  Coffee also sucks: it's expensive for agorists to grow, it provides no nutritional value, and it actually makes me crave tobacco for some reason.  It's funny how different vices are mutually-tempting, but it's simply easier to quit all of them at once.

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 03, 2010, 04:01:39 PM »

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1yCeFmn_e2c&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1yCeFmn_e2c&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube] :lol:
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #167 on: February 03, 2010, 04:35:35 PM »

I recently said this on a related thread on the FSP forum:

Quote from: Alex Libman
Meat is for commies.

Quote from: Alex Libman
Quote from: B.D. Ross
Communism isn't generally known for putting lots of energy-intensive meat into the hands of your everyday "commie".  [...]

Actually it is, and I don't just mean the biased nutrition propaganda taught in government schools, or how in a truly free market cow's milk would be way more expensive than soy milk, and beef steak would cost like 5-20x more than it does today.  Communists love bribing their populace with "simple pleasures", and it was a very big deal in 1930s and 1950s USSR about the average citizen being able to afford meat.  If you have milk and meat, later propaganda suggested, that means you are well off and the state is taking good care of you.  Alcohol, tobacco, TV / movies, and spectator sports are other "simple pleasures" that communists love to invest in.  Beats investing in things like less crowded housing, private automobiles, and consumer electronics - which truly do make people more free!

Using meat and dairy is also the easiest way to pump your citizenry full of hormones to make them more obedient - you are what you eat, and Communist leaders want their slaves to behave precisely like the cows on their way to slaughter.  Most modern communists also want to reduce human population size, which makes agricultural efficiency far less important.  With modern agricultural innovations a vegetarian culture can feed about 10x more people on the same amount of land, which is particularly important to small regional secession movements.

Finally there's also an issue of economic inter-dependence: a region that mostly produces meat products and imports grain and other food from somewhere else (like Estonia or New Hampshire) cannot even begin to think about independence!  How well do you think the American Revolution would have went if most of the colonies' food was imported from England?!

Seeing Woody Allen pushing lard and fudge further confirms my hypothesis.  :lol:

The ghost of a ghost of a ghost

• Owned by Brasky. Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 03, 2010, 05:35:19 PM »

THE SEED YOU USED TO GROW YOUR TAX FREE GARDEN WAS TAXED  [...]

I can never tell - are you genuinely confused about my agorist food strategy, or are you just being an idiot on purpose?

Here's what I ate today  [...]

Wrong thread.

No, I want you to see the food I am enjoying while you eat cardboard flavored blah.

blackie

« Reply #169 on: February 03, 2010, 05:37:03 PM »

No, I want you to see the food I am enjoying while you eat cardboard flavored blah.
Your food looks like puke.

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 03, 2010, 05:41:15 PM »

Your food looks like puke.

I don't see the resemblance:

Anyway, my food  tastes like "low country" heaven. 

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #171 on: February 03, 2010, 06:06:54 PM »

My days of ordering $100 worth of Japanese taxfood delivered to my door for dinner are over and done with, by my own choice and I don't miss them one bit!

And there's nothing resembling cardboard in what I had for dinner just now!  Black beans and kidney beans cooked together, mixed in like a salad with humongous quantities of plumb tomatoes ripe as a virgin's bosom, finely chopped Spanish onions, jalapeño peppers (canned with carrots, more onions, and some other vegetables), parsley, soy sauce, brown mustard, and a dozen other spices.  Served with fresh whole grain bread topped with mushed avocado butter.  It tastes like...  freedom!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 06:09:18 PM by Alex Libman »

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 03, 2010, 06:23:54 PM »

My days of ordering $100 worth of Japanese taxfood delivered to my door for dinner are over and done with, by my own choice and I don't miss them one bit!

And there's nothing resembling cardboard in what I had for dinner just now!  Black beans and kidney beans cooked together, mixed in like a salad with humongous quantities of plumb tomatoes ripe as a virgin's bosom, finely chopped Spanish onions, jalapeño peppers (canned with carrots, more onions, and some other vegetables), parsley, soy sauce, brown mustard, and a dozen other spices.  Served with fresh whole grain bread topped with mushed avocado butter.  It tastes like...  freedom!

That actually sounds right tasty.  Did you bake the bread?  And how do you make avocado butter?  Just mush it?

• A Cut Above The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 04, 2010, 01:07:34 AM »

Well my big 16 oz juicy tenderloin steak I just took off the barbecue is quite satisfying.  So was the glass of milk I drank with it.  And so was the Guinness I drank after the milk.  And so was the ice cream for desert.
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

ForumTroll

« Reply #174 on: February 04, 2010, 02:39:06 AM »

Well my big 16 oz juicy tenderloin steak I just took off the barbecue is quite satisfying.  So was the glass of milk I drank with it.  And so was the Guinness I drank after the milk.  And so was the ice cream for desert.

Wow, so you mixed meat with milk? You're so going to Jew hell.

• A Cut Above The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 04, 2010, 02:44:01 AM »

There's no such thing as hell.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #176 on: February 04, 2010, 02:45:54 AM »

Well, it was juicy so there was probably still some blood in it, so Christian Hell as well.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

• A Cut Above The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 04, 2010, 02:47:30 AM »

Well, it was juicy so there was probably still some blood in it, so Christian Hell as well.
It was so juicy there was still blood in it.  Yum.  A good red color in the middle and pink throughout and slightly seared on the outside.  Seriously the best steak I've had in a long time.  It was well worth the 9 bucks a pound.

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #178 on: February 04, 2010, 06:10:51 AM »

That actually sounds right tasty.  Did you bake the bread?

No, not yet, but that is something I will look into in the future.  Most bread you get in this country is major fail.  I don't like to buy anything pre-sliced: it really does taste better if you cut it yourself, and stays fresh longer too.  (Though sometimes I actually like bread that's a little firmer, as did my father before me.)  German stores often have excellent rye bread, but it's usually pretty expensive for a gulcher for whom bread is a major staple.  Farmer's markets sometimes have people who bake and sell excellent bread: I especially like sourdough.

And how do you make avocado butter?  Just mush it?

Pretty much yeah, just cut a few ripe avocado in half, remove the pit, use a spoon to scoop out the green buttery goodness, add spices to taste, and mush (or mash?) it with a fork into a smooth spread.  I usually like to add crushed garlic and a little soy sauce, but I've also tried lemon juice, chopped cilantro leaves, ground cumin, even Tabasco sauce, etc.

Another thing I often spread on bread is canned tomato paste (the thick paste, not the watered-down sauce), also mixed with crushed garlic and other spices.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 06:13:37 AM by Alex Libman »

• A Cut Above The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 04, 2010, 05:03:42 PM »

That actually sounds right tasty.  Did you bake the bread?

No, not yet, but that is something I will look into in the future.  Most bread you get in this country is major fail.  I don't like to buy anything pre-sliced: it really does taste better if you cut it yourself, and stays fresh longer too.  (Though sometimes I actually like bread that's a little firmer, as did my father before me.)  German stores often have excellent rye bread, but it's usually pretty expensive for a gulcher for whom bread is a major staple.  Farmer's markets sometimes have people who bake and sell excellent bread: I especially like sourdough.

And how do you make avocado butter?  Just mush it?

Pretty much yeah, just cut a few ripe avocado in half, remove the pit, use a spoon to scoop out the green buttery goodness, add spices to taste, and mush (or mash?) it with a fork into a smooth spread.  I usually like to add crushed garlic and a little soy sauce, but I've also tried lemon juice, chopped cilantro leaves, ground cumin, even Tabasco sauce, etc.

Another thing I often spread on bread is canned tomato paste (the thick paste, not the watered-down sauce), also mixed with crushed garlic and other spices.

That sounds like Guacamole to me.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Tax Resister Diet

// ]]>

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 32 queries.