Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Tax Resister Diet
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: The Tax Resister Diet  (Read 72221 times)

One two three

• View Profile
Re: The Tax Resister Diet
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2009, 06:32:00 PM »

Healthy compared to what?  A hamburger - definitely.  A vegetable salad - I don't think so.

To get a meal's worth of protein (30g) from sardines you're also getting 14g fat (3g saturated), 132mg of cholesterol, and a whole lot of other things our mod overlord hath commanded me to speak of not!

Plus sardines usually have their inner organs removed and are thoroughly washed prior to cooking / canning - good luck doing that to each individual bug. 

That is 14 grams of healthy fat that is excellent for you.  It is the most healthy thing about sardines.  The massive amount of calcium and complete protein are also very healthy for you.  YOU!
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2009, 06:53:38 PM »

What is a Freegan?

Freegans are people who employ alternative strategies for living based on limited participation in the conventional economy and minimal consumption of resources. Freegans embrace community, generosity, social concern, freedom, cooperation, and sharing in opposition to a society based on materialism, moral apathy, competition, conformity, and greed.

Ewww.
"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2009, 07:01:18 PM »

lol Freegans:

Strategy:

Dumpster Driving! - The best, easiest way to get the most food. Just head to your local grocery store, produce store, bagel and donut shop, bakery, K-mart (expired shelf goodies), and open up the dumpster and take a look. Don’t be afraid to climb in and dig around! Have fun, go with your friends! If you just find a big, scary compactor behind the store (a bunch of big supermarkets have these) you can’t get in, but you can fight back. Start a local DLF (Dumpster Liberation Front!) and stick it to those compactors: superglue them so they don’t work or hit them a bat or pee on them or pain them up; have fun - compactors are the enemy. P.S. Food is not the only thing in dumpsters! Happy scavenging!

Give-Aways! - A lot of small, independent places and even some bigger stores will give you food they are about to throw out if you just ask them for it. Also, free lunches and soup kitchens! Make sure you aren’t taking food from someone who really needs it if you don’t but most places have a lot of extra to go around. If you can get government food or food stamps, go for it! Go to Food Not Bombs and help out, then take some extra soup and bagels for the road… Just don’t be afraid to ask and the food will come to you.

Water - Don’t shower often and when you do, instead of showering, “go swimming” in the shower with a friend - it is fun, explorative, liberating, and consumes less water! Don’t flush when you pee! If won’t hurt you, pee just sits in the toilet not bothering anyone; it doesn’t warrant the 10 gallons per flush just to get rid of it. Wait until you get a good healthy poop in there and then flush it all away. If you don’t like the smell of pee stagnating in the toilet, pee outside our dilute your urine (7 water to 1 pee) and fertilize with it or drink it (Gandhi drank a cup of his own pee every day). Also, you can make manure out of your own poop! Or… dumpster dive some adult diapers and have a party where everyone straps one on and fills it up -no water wasted.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 07:04:23 PM by Admiral Naismith »
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2009, 07:12:57 PM »

Jesus, flushing costs 10 gallons at a time?

Also, a compost pile can actually benefit from pissing on it. (Related to a tax resister diet: grow your own food and you won't have to pay any taxes on it)
ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2009, 07:13:33 PM »

Can you please move the freegantardedness to another thread, please?

That is 14 grams of healthy fat that is excellent for you.  It is the most healthy thing about sardines.
The massive amount of calcium and complete protein are also very healthy for you.  YOU!

Animal fat is not healthy - it can only begin to approach the health benefits of natural oils that originate from plants, and it stores lots of toxins, sterols, and other nasty artery-clogging stuff.  Counting calorie-for-calorie, cooked collard greens have more than 3x the calcium of sardines, plus far more fiber, vitamins (A, C, E, B6), and many other micro-nutrients, including antioxidants - and it will certainly fill you up better, and give you far more lasting energy.

That whole "complete protein" FUD is greatly overblown.  It is most associated with poor people who eat nothing but one staple crop they were lucky enough to have in a time of famine.  Even a sprinkle of soy sauce could have cured that problem, and for a person who eats a balanced diet of many different high-protein legumes, vegetables, grains, nuts, seeds, spices, etc this just isn't an issue.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 07:17:46 PM by Alex Libman 2.0 »

blackie

« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2009, 08:10:30 PM »

Animal fat is not healthy
It's only "not healthy" in excess. Small amounts won't hurt you.

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2009, 08:12:23 PM »

Well wouldn't that kind of end this thread?  

You never know the economy might get so bad people will start dumpster diving for food out of necessity.   Besides found food is also tax free isn't it.  

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2009, 08:23:13 PM »

Besides found food is also tax free isn't it.  

Wait.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2009, 08:27:52 PM »

That can be said of anything, including arsenic, but I wouldn't put it on my plate on purpose, especially knowing how bad I am at portion control...  I can eat pounds of meat in one meal!  If I follow this diet, on the other hand, there's just no way I can eat too much!

[...]  You never know the economy might get so bad people will start dumpster diving for food out of necessity.

Dumpster-diving only works when like 1 person in 10,000 does it, while everyone else is complacent, and it only appears to work until you're hospitalized a week later with worms and ten kinds of food poisoning.  A lot more people bullshit about it than actually do it.  If the economy gets worse, however, people will start being less wasteful, and the bums will be having knife-fights for access rights to every dumpster.  :lol:

If you can grow your own food in the middle of nowhere, on the other hand, you're gonna be a-OK, no matter how bad the economy gets.  People who've hoarded gold and silver will be selling it to you at mind-blowing losses (your gain)!  Hot college girls will be trading you amazing sex for just a couple loaves of home-baked bread...  :P

Besides found food is also tax free isn't it. 

That's not true - many people who'll see you do it will think "wow, times are really tough, I'll vote for higher taxes and more welfare next time", and some will think "we need more police guarding dumpsters and arresting bums in this town"...  you get the idea.  And when someone finds you passed out with a gallon of puke on your face, who's going to pay for rushing you to the hospital, having your stomach pumped, and/or burying you?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 08:30:36 PM by Alex Libman 2.0 »

blackie

« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2009, 08:49:10 PM »

OK, so you can have an insect farm and feed it stuff humans normally wouldn't eat, but, um, WHY?!
You can stop taking the vitamin pills. Or do you have black market tax resister pills?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A476859
Insects are on a par with shellfish in providing high-quality protein and are a good source of other nutrients such as iron, calcium and B vitamins.

Insects have the advantage of being cheap and easy to raise. Those diners in the know suggest starting off with mealworms and working your way up to crickets, which apparently are very difficult to muster if they escape.

If you're willing to put your prejudices aside, there can be plenty of variety in insect-eating. Earthworms are 70% protein and soaking them in water overnight will purge them of soil. Ants have a vinegary taste; in countries such as Thailand ant juice is sometimes substituted for recipes that call for lemon. Honey bees, a worldwide favourite, are edible at all stages of growth, larval, pupal and adult. Boiling breaks down the poison in their stingers. Moths are said to taste like almonds and have the advantage of being easy to catch with a bright light. Termites are second only to grasshoppers as the most commonly eaten insect and in Nigeria you can buy termite stock cubes. Fly larvae - or maggots - are rich in calories and protein. Scoop them off decomposed meat, wash in cold water, boil and they're ready to eat. 'In the natural, they are easy to capture and often found in clusters in such places as road kill,' advises one source. Crickets can be an excellent and healthy alternative to meat. 100g of crickets contains 12g of protein and only 5.5g of fat.

Insects taste best if cooked or frozen when alive. Freezing has the advantage of slowing down the more lively ones. Insects with a hard outer shell have parasites and need to be boiled before eating. Larvae are easier to eat than adult insects: particularly as not everyone is happy to remove an exoskeleton from between their teeth. Insects such as crickets concentrate toxins in their bodies, so should not be picked where pesticides have been used. Pet shops are a good source of insect supply and it doesn't require much space to raise your own micro-livestock.

Crickets and worms. You can also sell them as bait if you are farming them.

With Honey bees, you can sell honey.

Anyways, my points about cholesterol, toxicity, and acidity still stand.
Don't eat cholesterol filled, toxic bugs. I've never been big on the acidity thing.

http://www.food-insects.com/Vol3%20no1.htm
What about insects as a part of the human diet?  Since they are animals, do their tissues also contain cholesterol?  Insects are very interesting, in that they too need sterols for the biosynethesis of membranes and as precursors to hormones (.e.g., the ecdysteroids), but they are unable to synthesize them  de novo. (4).  Therefore, they must obtain these molecules exogenously, from their diet or from symbionts.  Those insects that feed on animal products (e.g., the hide beetle, Demestes vulpinus [5]) can easily obtain cholesterol from their diet and so bee, Apis mellifera (7).  The latter insect has avoided the necessity of producing 24-desalkylsterols in order to biosynthesize ecdysteroids.  It simply uses makisterone A (an alkylated ecdysteroid) as its molting hormone!

In addition, studies in my laboratory have shown that replacing the Δ5-sterols in the diet of the corn earworm, Heliothis zea with delta 7-, delta 5,7-, or delta O-sterols results in an insect that contains little, if any, cholesterol (8,9).  This lepidopteran dealkylates the new dietary sterols but does not hydrogenate the double bonds or introduce new ones.  The structures of the resulting tissue sterols render them unabsorbable by the normal human digestive tract.  Therefore, if one was interested in producing insects, such as A. domesticus, with a low cholesterol level, one might try feeding them, for example, a diet rich in alfalfa sterols (i.e., Δ7-sterols).  Perhaps they, like H. zea (10), would utilize the Δ7-sterols predominately in their tissues.  The alfalfa weevil, Hypera  postica,  which is a pest of alfalfa, uses Δ7-sterols and routinely lacks cholesterol in its tissues (10).  Other insects, which naturally feed on diets that contain sterols other than Δ5-sterols, and do not contain cholesterol in their tissues, include the fly, Drosophila pachea  (11), and the leaf-cutting ant, Atta cephalotes  isthmicola (12).
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 08:53:44 PM by blackie »

blackie

« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2009, 08:50:47 PM »

That can be said of anything, including arsenic, but I wouldn't put it on my plate on purpose, especially knowing how bad I am at portion control...  I can eat pounds of meat in one meal!  If I follow this diet, on the other hand, there's just no way I can eat too much!
You probably wouldn't have to worry about eating too many bugs.

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2009, 09:13:57 PM »

You'd be surprised...  This calls for a YouTube video:

[youtube=425,350]0teqF2cBXhE[/youtube]

Bill Brasky

« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2009, 10:08:41 PM »

Also, fish.  Fish is good.  I like fish. 

First person to say anything about mercury gets autobann'd.  Heavy Metal Toxic Fish would be a stupid name for a band, let alone a sound theory.  People would have to eat fish morning, noon and night for any considerable levels to accumulate, and they'd have to be high up the fish-chain.  Omega-3 is important.  It improves brain function, and keeps the frowny-faces away. 

People in New England reap great income from the harvest of fish, and often do so privately, without subsidy.  They are known to be stalwart tax resistors, plying their wares for cash at the docks, telling Uncle Sam to kiss their salty asses, pumping lewdly from the hips in mock fornication.  They actually do this, and it is to be greatly admired. 

According to the dietary philosophy described in this thread, the top 3 reasons not to eat fish are: taxes, subsidies, and regulations - from your basic hobbyist fishing license to government management of commercial fishing to regulation of fish farms (or "sea kittens", as the PETA-tards lobby wants to call them).  Your claims of fishermen being tax resisters in any significant qualities seem ridiculous.  Ocean shores are filled with government-loving assholes with a hard-on for snitching on you for not having your boat registered, etc - that's no place to build a Galt's Gulch!

I agree that at first glance fish seems to make a whole lot more nutritional and economic sense than land-animal-based food, but some of those advantages don't stand up to scrutiny.  Proximity to bodies of water raises demand for that land, and thus its cost, especially though higher taxes - you would get a far better return on your investment by investing your money into cheap land in the middle of nowhere (but with enough hydration for irrigation of course), and investing your time into improving & farming it.  And even from the "stretching earth's resources to feed hundreds of billions of people" point of view, there are many other ways water resources can be used for food production: seaweed farming, floating farms, and so on.

It's just a simple fact of biology that plants, which get their nutrients directly from sources inedible to us (i.e. soil and sunlight), are far more economical sources of nutrition than animals, which must eat far greater quantities of plants and/or other animals in order to grow.  Filtering your nutrients through other animals has no benefits, and a whole list of drawbacks (some of which you asked me not to mention, so I won't).

Fish is also less healthy than plant-based foods: it's acidic, contains cholesterol (especially shellfish), etc.  You get far better omega-3 and other healthy fats from plant foods - in large quantities from things like avocados, olives, nuts, and seeds (especially hemp), or in small quantities in pretty much all vegetables and grains (except the processed / "junk carbs" mentioned above).

Acidic foods are mutually-addictive: you have a little bit of fish and you start craving a cola, you have a cola and you start craving a hamburger, etc.  If you quit them completely, after a while those cravings go away, and your body also gradually adjusts to not getting any acid / poison / cholesterol in your diet, which results in a far healthier cardiovascular system that only long-term alkaline vegans typically have.

Hey, Cap'n Joe, how many fish you catch today? 

MMM, none, Mr. IRS agent. 

The illicit seafood trade has been a boon for underground finance for years, one of the first places the mafia involved themselves in.  The Fulton Street market in NYC begins directly at the South Street Seaport.  There has been much bloodshed over control of this district, which ultimately was seized under RICO statutes.  Ask yourself why.  Smuggling is one obvious reason, and drugs is a large part of that.  But the mafia had a strict self-imposed prohibition of drug activity until the younger gangsters took over from the old Dons.  So there was no drug activity involved until the mid-sixties, probably.  So why the big fuss?  It was the fish trade itself, moreso than smuggling.  The incoming quantity is unknown until weighed, and unless government agents are standing there directly observing each load, they will be reported underweighed, or some loads may not be weighed at all. 

This practice is not exclusive to Fulton, or the mob.  Its a common practice in the fishing industry, and considered highly corrupt by the government because they do not report accurately, ever.  Unless they absolutely have to.  Its probably the oldest and largest tax-dodge in American history, all the way down each mile of the east coast from Maine to Florida, and straight around the Gulf through MS LA and TX, plus all the west coast states.  Fish goes straight to market, and ends up in restaurants, freshmarkets, stores, and trucked all over the fuckin place fresh-and-frozen in delivery routes, totally black market right down to the employees.  But you knew all that, the billions in unpaid tax, and its hundred+ year blackmarket history, and just choose to overlook it with a piffle.   

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2009, 10:44:09 PM »

We are not the Mafia.  For one thing, we don't let government agents die as quickly and painlessly as they do.  :twisted:

You seem to be missing the point of investing in local untaxable institutions.  You need to kiss the government's butt just to buy a fishing license!  And when a fishing company fails to catch any fish year after year, they'll obviously become suspicious, bug you, and throw you into federal prison for tax evasion.  Skimming a little off the top is not economic secession!  And we operate openly - have you noticed that we're discussing this in a public forum?!  Freedom through obscurity is not what we're fighting for!

The kernel of my ideas comes from some of the Samizdat writing I've read from the failed early anti-Soviet secession movement in Estonia.  Their secession turned out to be much easier in late 1980s, because USSR was falling apart and they had the West on their side, but here is how it could have went a decade sooner:

• Estonia:  We secede!

• Moscow:  Ha!  No you don't, we're sending in tanks.

• Estonia:  The whole world is watching, you won't get away with it this time.

• Moscow:  Darn...  OK, we'll starve you out.  No more food imports!

• Estonia:  Ouch!  We haven't thought of that.  Well, we still have our fishing fleet...

• Moscow:  Oh, and we're cutting off your fuel imports as well.

• Estonia:  We wuv you massa Brezhnev!  Please let us back in!

See how this works?

If New Hampshire (or just Coös County) was to suddenly secede tomorrow, it would be kind of hard to negotiate with the United States (Canada being more or less a puppet when it comes to serious issues) about them not blockading us and making the whole experiment impossible right off the bat!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 10:52:19 PM by Alex Libman 2.0 »

blackie

« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2009, 10:50:47 PM »

Don't you have to pay property tax for your land in the middle of nowhere?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Tax Resister Diet

// ]]>

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 32 queries.