Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Tax Resister Diet
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17   Go Down

Author Topic: The Tax Resister Diet  (Read 72465 times)

AL the Inconspicuous

Re: The Tax Resister Diet
« Reply #225 on: February 24, 2010, 08:29:53 PM »

You're right, anarchir - that is completely off-topic, and we have a number of much better threads for debunking the Global Warming hoax.

The ghost of a ghost of a ghost

• Owned by Brasky. Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 24, 2010, 08:39:14 PM »

You can make the substrate jars with a pressure cooker or buy them online tax free!  Then buy yourself some spores of tasty morels, oyster, or shitakes and you're growing. 
You can sterilize substrate jars without a pressure cooker. A normal pot with a lid and boiling water will work for many substrates. The substrate you use depends on the type of shrooms you are growing.

But it is very labor intensive, and doesn't have a good yield compared to other methods. It's good for beginners because it is easy.

This is basically the PF Tek method.

Yeah, I'm a beginner, what other methods are more efficient?

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #228 on: April 10, 2010, 04:44:26 PM »

wat
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 10, 2010, 06:26:40 PM »

I thought Rick Moranis was dead.
ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #230 on: May 18, 2010, 01:44:48 AM »

Anyone else attempting this diet?
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 18, 2010, 04:21:34 PM »

Not exclusively, I buy tax free when it's convenient and feel warm and fuzzy about it.

Alex Libman

« Reply #232 on: May 19, 2010, 04:17:20 AM »

I'm still on it, but I started taking fish oil capsules - just in case.

Alex Libman

« Reply #233 on: June 27, 2010, 09:09:22 AM »

OK, so I slipped up about four weeks ago - not that I couldn't control myself (the cravings were pretty much gone for months before then).  You see, my eyes have been feeling very over-strained and light-sensitive lately, even more-so than usual, and I just wanted to experiment to see if adding meat back to my diet would help, just in case it was something nutritional.  After ~9 months of zero animal foods, I had 2-3 days of total meat depravity, yet again proving to myself that 100% vegan is the way to go.  It all started with a bit of fish, but then it opened up the floodgates to a huge meat-feast - once I started I just couldn't stop until I downed like five kilos of beef, pork, and chicken.  I just have no portion control whatsoever when it comes to meat!  What's weird is that I felt weird hormonal / psycho-chemical changes, like it was cocaine or something - I was very irritated, and when something pissed me off (as often is the case when you're forum liber-trolling or C++ programming all day) I almost punched through every wall in the house!  And the worst part is, almost a month later, I'm still craving more meat, like I did when I first went vegan - I hope the cravings don't take as long to go away the second time around.  So I'm never buying meat again, ever!  I don't even want to be within one mile of anything meaty!  Man, it's even harder going through the withdrawal symptoms the second time around...  If I'm somewhere where I smell meat grilling (and during the withdrawal process your sense of smell really increases), I feel like I'd sell my soul for a piece of meat...  :x

In other news, I'm trying to cut out the grains from my diet, or at least all grains except buckwheat (gluten free), but especially bread.  I think the meat cravings are stronger on days when I don't eat as much beans, so I'm thinking of upping my diet to just beans and vegetables (mostly leafy ones, at least 20% calories from protein), and adding protein supplements as well.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 09:22:08 AM by Alex Libman »

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 27, 2010, 01:24:41 PM »

Wow your body is telling you it craves meat?  What a fucking surprise.  I can't believe humans would crave meat.  Those Canine teeth we were all born with obviously weren't for eating meat  :shock: :?
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Alex Libman

« Reply #235 on: June 27, 2010, 01:44:06 PM »

All those are appeals to primitivism - human beings evolved to survive by whatever means they could, but then we invented farming, civilization, technology, and science.  Like I said on my "rejection of supernormal stimuli" thread, many of our million-year-old instincts are no longer relevant.  Eating meat no longer makes any rational sense.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 05:10:16 AM by Alex Libman »

yamnuska

« Reply #236 on: June 28, 2010, 01:49:34 AM »

Alex Libman

« Reply #237 on: June 28, 2010, 05:09:09 AM »

Cavemen were always starving, which is why they didn't have any of our so-called "diseases of affluence".  A meat-rich diet + modern unavoidable sedentary lifestyle + my total inability to control my portions + my awful genetics == instant heart attack!  More importantly, all that meat and seafood is uneconomical and highly subsidized / regulated by the state.

Imagine yourself on a spaceship headed to another star system - having food gardens on board makes perfect sense, because plants exist in a perfect symbiotic relationship with humans.  Plants filter our air, they smell nice, they look nice, they recycle our waste, and some people even find them psychologically desirable to have around for other reasons as well.  Having a pig farm on your spaceship would require like 10-100x more resources, and for what, more cholesterol?!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 05:14:36 AM by Alex Libman »

yamnuska

« Reply #238 on: June 28, 2010, 05:31:58 AM »

Someday I'm going to die, in the meantime I will eat what I think tastes good. I don't want to eat nothing but plants for the next 30 years, how boring. i live to eat and if people got off their fucking asses and did some exercise, well, they wouldn't have to worry about weight would they? Everything in moderation, I'm not about to go eat a 12 ounce steak everyday, just as I'm not about to eat nothing but veg for a month. Portions people get in the average restaurant are like days worth of food. Buffets, like Jesus fucking H Christ, what are people thinking? It doesn't help that most of our food has corn syrup in it either, even the god damn bread. We need real sugar, cane sugar so kids can get a true sugar high and bounce of the walls out in the field for the whole day. As a kid in the winter I'd be outside all day when I was not in prison/school, playing hockey, now all the kids are inside playing video games. Hard physical labour, shovel out horse stalls all day and you could eat whatever the fuck you want.

Alex Libman

« Reply #239 on: June 28, 2010, 06:49:50 AM »

Dyin's for commies!

Aside from being totally willing to heroically die in defiance of government, my contingency plan is to live forever through a combination of spinach, stem cell therapy, nano-surgery, whole-body transplants, cryonics, cloning, brain visualization, time dilation, etc - and probably in that order, which means I better be munching on spinach if I want to live long enough for those other things to boost my longevity.

I used to be a buffet's worst nightmare.  Growing up in Commie Russia might have caused this somehow.  If I allow myself to enjoy my food - wham, I swell back toward 400lb instead of slowly shrinking toward 200lb as I am now (and much of that is muscle).
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Tax Resister Diet

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 31 queries.